EQ Never

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I wanted them to just call this Norrath. EverQuest isn't even a really good name. It summons to mind the treadmill which I don't find appealing. From my time with EQ players, EQN doesn't even interest them, so the appeal to its current fanbase seems slim. I mean, that's not a bad thing from a business perspective. You want to cover the bases after all, but then who is this name for? Folks like Dumar and Flex that claim what EQN is doesn't appeal to them on a mechanics level? Feels like a huge misfire to me.

Regardless the game's (vaporware's?) success or failure will probably have very little to do with the name.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I wanted them to just call this Norrath. EverQuest isn't even a really good name. It summons to mind the treadmill which I don't find appealing. From my time with EQ players, EQN doesn't even interest them, so the appeal to its current fanbase seems slim. I mean, that's not a bad thing from a business perspective. You want to cover the bases after all, but then who is this name for? Folks like Dumar and Flex that claim what EQN is doesn't appeal to them on a mechanics level? Feels like a huge misfire to me.

Regardless the game's (vaporware's?) success or failure will probably have very little to do with the name.
It almost has to be a mainly name recognition situation. I know people that don't game at all that have heard of Everquest due to some friend/relative/whatever getting hooked back in the day. It's hard to replace that, although the name is pretty shit.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
EQ's the closest thing to a hit this studio has ever made. Of course they want to use it just like Blizzard has milked the hell out of the Warcraft franchise. At this point though with a new name, they really should just rename it. Daybreak is a chance for a fresh start for an old and not very nimble company. H1Z1 looks like the best thing they have going now which is kind of sad. It hasn't used close to the resources this waste has.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Go play Vanguard.

Oh wait....
Low blow since we are nearing the 1 year anniversary of its sunsetting
frown.png

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I miss my Dwarf paladin. VG had such cool ideas and areas. The Druid starting area was awesome. The world was vast. Each race had their own well-crafted starting area, something that is becoming a relic in modern MMO's.

The technical side of the game was obscene, but the craftsmanship was superb.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Smedley SMASH!

He is a little bit of a dumbass about this though. He had already had some trouble with those lizardfags coming at SOE, and then he tweets he's getting on a plane. Next thing we hear is the plane was forced to land from a bomb threat. I was laughing so hard when I told people in EQ what was going on.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Am I the only one who would be quite amused if Smed managed to bring down the Lizard squad? Those shits really do need a comeuppance.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I really do back him up on it, and hope he does some good stuff. Maybe him making a stand will get some other higher ups from Sony and Microsoft to join in.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Tinfoil hat time.

I kind of wonder if this wasn't a calculated move on Smed's part. He's seen what Lizard Squad can do before and he has to have known that taunting a bunch of 15 year olds who think they're above the law was going to earn a response. Not to mention his new paymasters would probably get pretty pissed off really quickly if their CEO kept costing them tons of money in downtime and bandwidth thanks to a hot headed response to a kid half a world away. Wondering if there wasn't some sort of law enforcement asking him to make himself a target to see if they could catch a few more of these guys.

kaxfenix

N00b
I actually hope so . I read that Smed, has been the target of various from these little bitches. He has had multiple attempts at Credit cards being created in his name and various ther identity theft issues, Swatted etc.. because of these bitches.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Its in part because somewhere along the line, it became the "in"-thing to disrespect Smed as a developer. Now that disrespect has become all out harassment. Its stupid and childish to the extreme.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Its in part because somewhere along the line, it became the "in"-thing to disrespect Smed as a developer. Now that disrespect has become all out harassment. Its stupid and childish to the extreme.
Please tell us more.