EQ Never

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Its in part because somewhere along the line, it became the "in"-thing to disrespect Smed as a developer. Now that disrespect has become all out harassment. Its stupid and childish to the extreme.
And he invites it upon himself by acting like an immature, petty, pedantic child. Engaging trolls is the worst possible thing you can do, especially as a "face" of a company.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And he invites it upon himself by acting like an immature, petty, pedantic child. Engaging trolls is the worst possible thing you can do, especially as a "face" of a company.
As much as I agree, I'm not sure I wouldn't do the same things if I had gone through what he has from these guys. Everyone has their limits.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As much as I agree, I'm not sure I wouldn't do the same things if I had gone through what he has from these guys. Everyone has their limits.
Doesn't matter. I don't care if they murdered your mother. Keep your personal/dirty laundry out of the public. This is one of the worst parts about "social" media. Everyone thinks they need to air their personal fucking grievances publicly. It's called "personal" for a damn reason. Keep it off of the internet, dipshits.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
its not just personal. there were a lot of other people on that flight. those SWAT team guys wasted their time and tax payer dollars. etc.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doesn't matter. I don't care if they murdered your mother. Keep your personal/dirty laundry out of the public. This is one of the worst parts about "social" media. Everyone thinks they need to air their personal fucking grievances publicly. It's called "personal" for a damn reason. Keep it off of the internet, dipshits.
You are way too angry. You should keep it off the forums.

Also this is more like, using your example, murdered your mother and got off scott free(atm) after admitting it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
its not just personal. there were a lot of other people on that flight. those SWAT team guys wasted their time and tax payer dollars. etc.
And Smed is their mouthpiece? You don't get to choose how those people react to the situation, but you can control howyoudo and the way he acted was completely unbecoming of a "professional".

You are way too angry. You should keep it off the forums.
Nice false equivalence. I'm posting anonymously, first of all. Secondly, I'm not a "face" of a company which has customers potentially affected by my actions/statements (which ties into the former).

Also this is more like, using your example, murdered your mother and got off scott free(atm) after admitting it.
I agree completely that it's total horseshit the guy may get off scott free, but it doesn't matter. There are certain things you just don't display/say in a public forum.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
And Smed is their mouthpiece? You don't get to choose how those people react to the situation, but you can control howyoudo and the way he acted was completely unbecoming of a "professional".

Nice false equivalence. I'm posting anonymously, first of all. Secondly, I'm not a "face" of a company which has customers potentially affected by my actions/statements (which ties into the former).

I agree completely that it's total horseshit the guy may get off scott free, but it doesn't matter. There are certain things you just don't display/say in a public forum.
Everyone has a breaking point and looks like he was just pushed past his. I'm sure he does not need to be told now that what he did was a bad idea.

That being said I can certainly empathize with the guy for what happened to him even though I never was a fan of his.

Also you are all over his shit in this thread and for you it would be a good idea take your own advice.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I look at it as the dude got off pretty much scott free and he went on twitter and put out what actually happened and wanted people to see it. I dont mind 1 fucking bit he did what he did. I applaud him for speaking out. Personally, what he did was pretty fucking mild. I would hope that even his bosses are 100 percent behind him.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I dont think I would have tweeted about getting on a plane with full knowledge of a group personally attacking me and taking a chance this could happen. Think there is a lesson to be learned that you might want to think before doing. If you need to report in where you are for corporate, there is email or IM.

Sidenote, he better hope none of those passengers sues him for endangerment. I am sure someone on that plane might be a little upset that someone on their plane who was an active target of aggression assisted in this delay by giving their location for an attack. Think if this was known while they were on the tarmac, he might not have exited the plane without some discoloring of the face.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I look at it as the dude got off pretty much scott free and he went on twitter and put out what actually happened and wanted people to see it. I dont mind 1 fucking bit he did what he did. I applaud him for speaking out. Personally, what he did was pretty fucking mild. I would hope that even his bosses are 100 percent behind him.
Except when he just throws out a bunch of petty childish insults when he's the head of a company it becomes a complete joke. That's not shit you do when you're the face that sells to the public.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Sidenote, he better hope none of those passengers sues him for endangerment. I am sure someone on that plane might be a little upset that someone on their plane who was an active target of aggression assisted in this delay by giving their location for an attack. Think if this was known while they were on the tarmac, he might not have exited the plane without some discoloring of the face.
That's really really stupid, even for me.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fuck that not everyone has to bend over and take it

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Zero fucking chance he wasn't asked by the FBI to bait these fucking kids on twitter.

He's going to go down as the man who brought down lizard squad.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Also no jurisdiction.
That wouldn't stop them from finding Lizard Squad and then handing over that information to the authorities in whichever country they are located in. Do we know how that first kid was caught? Smed claimed the FBI found him.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You vastly overestimate the character quality of Smed.

Also no jurisdiction.
Jurisdiction isn't really an issue here. Lots of US law enforcement work and live in other countries. If this is an op, there is definitely FBI over there working in a task force.