EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Rosie likes this ratonga style... does not bode well.
rrr_img_1.jpg

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
They also mentioned that the Seraphs and the Four are going to be far more ambiguous in EQN, not being good or evil. Instead they'll have good and evil attributes, so Karana for example is the god of travel and storms, a character might pray to him for safe travels (no rain) or a good harvest (rain).

Based on what I've been seeing and reading, it looks like they're trying to make the pantheon of Norrath more like the gods in Game of Thrones. Not a bad thing, in my book.
I kind of like the duality aspect of the gods. The Gods in EverQuest were cool because of nostalgia and being able to kill them and all that, but I think this change helps them sort of make the point that the world isn't black and white - there isn't just good and evil.

Like they said in the Lore Panel, you can be a righteous Paladin and pray to Mithaniel...or you can be a blood-thirsty Warrior who slays hundreds on the battlefield and pray to Mithaniel as well.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The whole furry feet thing never made sense. I don't think Tolkien thought it through. I don't care how thick your feet are, sharp glass is going to hurt, also nails.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Less detail in the faces accommodates greater facial expressions and enhanced communication. What fidelity you loose in the skin you makeup for in facial mobility."

Seriously, who gives a shit?
An Art Director?

I have to say, Pandaren in WoW are pretty cool because their animations and even facial expressions are so much more...expressive. The models are much higher quality, and it really shines through.

It may not be something that immediate stands out, but if it's one aspect that helps with immersion, and all that - which is something most EQ players bitch about not being present in modern games.

Edit: PLUS, if they add Oculus Rift support, it will help even more. No one cares because we play in 3rd person zoomed out all the time, but it will make a big difference in First Person, and an even bigger difference in 3D.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Like they said in the Lore Panel, you can be a righteous Paladin and pray to Mithaniel...or you can be a blood-thirsty Warrior who slays hundreds on the battlefield and pray to Mithaniel as well.
The problem is that they are now saying all EQs are connected by the "Ethernere" so how the hell do you get different gods if they're all connected? You'd think that at least would stay the same.

Bruman

Golden Squire
You mean questions like "Where's the fucking game assholes? You've been working on it since 2011."
Don't worry, along with using the community to build the content, and getting the software from other vendors (Voxel Farm and Storybricks), I heard they just left the last bit of it to be done by 3D Realms.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm curious/serious question:

If the naysayers are right, and EQN turns out to be a bust how many people are going to throw in the towel on new MMOs?

I think I'll focus on EQMac/VG or reading books for the next five+ years (if not longer) and tune out on anything new for a while if EQN releases and bombs (can't hold my interest for even six months).

iannis

Musty Nester
If EQN is a bust there really isn't anything coming except for maybe some small kickstarter stuff like Camelot Unchained.

Wildstar will release before EQN. I expect to play wildstar and I expect to get my moneys worth and I expect that I will play wildstar for 3-6 months. After that I expect that I'll try EQ:Landmark to see how it is (I don't play minecraft so that shit will probably blow me away for a few weeks).

Past that it's a whole lot of meh.

The thing that I'm actually excited about is Obsidian's new game. It looks like those glorious assholes are making Baldur's Gate IV: Awesomer edition.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
An Art Director?

I have to say, Pandaren in WoW are pretty cool because their animations and even facial expressions are so much more...expressive. The models are much higher quality, and it really shines through.
I guess I'm just one of those people who couldn't care less about how expressive my characters face is. Or that I care to look at my friend's characters face to tell me what emotion he's feeling or what he's conveying to me via SoEmote.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
If the naysayers are right, and EQN turns out to be a bust how many people are going to throw in the towel on new MMOs?
I'll continue to jump between whatever new content EQ1 comes out with, dicking around in P99/Vanguard/PS2 depending on how bored I am. Though Wildstar has me intrigued with their Borderlands 2 style averts.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I'm curious/serious question:

I think I'll focus on EQMac/VG or reading books for the next five+ years (if not longer) and tune out on anything new for a while if EQN releases and bombs (can't hold my interest for even six months).
Am I the only one who thinks that's an unreasonable expectation? There's a lot of games out there - I don't want to play the same one and only that one for six months. No game has ever concurrently held my attention that long. Anything that holds my attention even three I think is an amazing game. I'd hardly call something that I regular played for six months a bomb.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I guess I'm just one of those people who couldn't care less about how expressive my characters face is. Or that I care to look at my friend's characters face to tell me what emotion he's feeling or what he's conveying to me via SoEmote.
Yeh but the hardcore gamer doesn't want to log out of the game they are playing to masturbate, so the female characters have to have big titties and pouty lips and shit

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Am I the only one who thinks that's an unreasonable expectation? There's a lot of games out there - I don't want to play the same one and only that one for six months. No game has ever concurrently held my attention that long. Anything that holds my attention even three I think is an amazing game. I'd hardly call something that I regular played for six months a bomb.
Any other game but an MMO and I'd agree with you. Hell I'd call 30 days a win and worth the $.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
The problem is that they are now saying all EQs are connected by the "Ethernere" so how the hell do you get different gods if they're all connected? You'd think that at least would stay the same.
Well, if it's a "multiverse" like the devs have been saying, all the various EQ universes exist, they're just separated by changes in the timeline. They've also been talking about other "worlds" within EQN. For example, the Shissar are apparently not native to Norrath.

/queues playlist of Luclin hate