EQ Never

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Big Flex ,

When do you plan on hitting them up on Twitter about ensuring some sort of more world-PVP server ? Relying on you to make sure they realize this is a must.
After pax/gamescom/in EQNL beta/at SOELive 2014. I appreciate you placing your trust in me to get this done, you chose well, I have big traps therefore they'll listen to me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are behind the times. McPherson and Omeed confirmed that roles exist in EQN, just that no class will dominate a role (warrior as only viable raid tank, cleric as main raid healer). Taunt is gone so other things will have to fill the gap - Leash, High Threat, or Rescue mechanics by the tank (or Positional mechanics if collision is in) and healers will come to hate bad tanks.
What's funny is all that exist in Gw2. It's just kiting and CC and everyone has their own heals. So it ended by being why bring a tank at all, just bring another dps.

Until they show me something that makes a tank worthwhile or that healers will actually heal their group(and shitty heals or HoTs like GW2 had, do not count) then skepticism is the name of the game. It's their job to convince me, not for me to convince myself(like a lot of people do here).

What's also skeptical is them thinking their "Everyone can be every class" will solve a tank/healer shortage(if they exist). Developer's haven't learned that sure you may give all the players the option, but they still wont do it. It's also going to be interesting too see if it just turns into people taking classes to get certain buffs/utility for themselves(never have to ask a wiz for a port, when you can do it yourself etc) or if it actually gives a huge array of viable pure or mixed classes.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It's their job to convince me, not for me to convince myself(like a lot of people do here).
I think we'll have to wait for the beta. The combat doc that's coming will probably just repeat much of what's just been said. But I think after GW2 you're right to be skeptical.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
What's funny is all that exist in Gw2. It's just kiting and CC and everyone has their own heals. So it ended by being why bring a tank at all, just bring another dps.

Until they show me something that makes a tank worthwhile or that healers will actually heal their group(and shitty heals or HoTs like GW2 had, do not count) then skepticism is the name of the game. It's their job to convince me, not for me to convince myself(like a lot of people do here).
The place where the whole thing fell apart in GW2 was when they removed healers. The tanks mitigated well and had good survival skills but it didnt matter because with no heals you can't tank very long. If GW2 had heals it would still have had that chaotic agro and lots of kiting but it wouldn't have been nearly as retarded. From the looks of it atleast EQN will have healing so I am hopeful.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I think we'll have to wait for the beta.
If there were ever a beta that I wanted in on its this one.

So much new stuff to test out. Anyone with beta access should have a huge leg up if all this new stuff actually makes it in. The first couple days on live will just be figuring shit out.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If there were ever a beta that I wanted in on its this one.

So much new stuff to test out. Anyone with beta access should have a huge leg up if all this new stuff actually makes it in. The first couple days on live will just be figuring shit out.
I just think closed is going to be hilarious. Like the VG beta, so much stuff is not going to work right, hopefully, unlike the VG beta, they fix it before it goes live...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just think closed is going to be hilarious. Like the VG beta, so much stuff is not going to work right, hopefully, unlike the VG beta, they fix it before it goes live...
You better start praying because has there been one game that they didn't rush out recently? EQ2, PS2, Vanguard etc . Only one I am not sure about is DCUO.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Shouldn't all of Landmark make it smoother? By the time people are playing EqNext a ton of stuff should be hammered out wouldn't you think?

Me when beta invites start going out

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You better start praying because has there been one game that they didn't rush out recently? EQ2, PS2, Vanguard etc . Only one I am not sure about is DCUO.
Vanguard wasn't SOE's fault (directly, though, yes, indirectly Smed could have given mo' money to Brad). DCUO was fine at release. PS2 was no VG by all accounts (anyone confirm? I didn't play it)>

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
There should be situations where tanks types should shine just not every situation. No way in hell it makes sense that a tank runs out and meets a BIG ASS fire breathing dragon head on and all it takes is 3 healers to keep him alive and he keeps aggro and 10 minutes later every one collects their spoils. The decisions that a player or group of players make should have consequences good or bad and if the thought put into a strategy is piss poor a corpse recovery should follow.