EQ Never

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
you guys should be happy about no chainmail bikinis. EQ never had that bullshit on the classic models, its all a perversion caused by luclin and wow!

@hacking, its a problem in every game. As long as the investment in a really advanced character is high and they are decently proactive about detection it won't get insane. Its also usually less of an issue in pve, I think because if you start winning raids you have no business winning you turn alot more heads than if you just win pvp fights and the opposition cries.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I already called it first bro. I'm going to be a troll paladin fo sho. Better make the soulfire quest fucking work this time smed.
I can deal with no restrictions if there are significant costs - but no restrictions/no costs = no RPG in the MMORPG. This idea that there should be no consequences for race selection is bizzare.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I can deal with no restrictions if there are significant costs - but no restrictions/no costs = no RPG in the MMORPG. This idea that there should be no consequences for race selection is bizzare.
I really do agree with this. I think its fine if we all start out as members of the combine and reasonably good aligned at the start. But I really hope they add more raciel cities and start to differentiate the races as time goes on. I hope that grobb and neriak and oggok are added later on as evil cities and I hope that if you decided to be a troll paladin you aren't really welcome to go live with most of your race who have started to worship the evil gods.

Lammy_sl

shitlord
Setup p99 for the first time tonight and rolled a mage if anyone wants to spend countless hours leveling. Purely educational research!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Significant cost is losing your fucking head.

I don't care if you're the greatest Troll Paladin ever...I am an Trolist. The only good Troll is a dead one. We wear white leather jerkins with hoods and burn fucking crosses on their goddamned lawn in Mithaniel's name. And when we do gang-kill one alone in the alleys of Qeynos, the guards realize there is no fucking law against killing a Troll and we go free.

Neriak is even worse. If you're not a Dark Elf you better be a Necromancer or a Shadowknight or they will skull fuck your children.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Significant cost is losing your fucking head.
I would prefer flat out prohibitions but that isn't happening - it'd be a denial of service to casuals who are going to play the game for a year or so max before jumping ship to WoW Next with slightly better voxel technology, more instancing and Nightelves.

rolx_sl

shitlord
haha wo wo woa now... I don't want to say that I realized all of this in the beginning and I was whatever half the people here wanted to say but, I told u so. This shit is wack.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
I would prefer flat out prohibitions but that isn't happening - it'd be a denial of service to casuals who are going to play the game for a year or so max before jumping ship to WoW Next with slightly better voxel technology, more instancing and Nightelves.
it scares me because if they are doing that with race/class then there will probably be no KoS for any of the races that would require grinding faction.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
haha wo wo woa now... I don't want to say that I realized all of this in the beginning and I was whatever half the people here wanted to say but, I told u so. This shit is wack.
SOE is going to fuck it up for the sake of casuals who aren't going to fucking care whether or not they can be Troll Paladins because they'll all be Elves, Dark Elves or Human.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Setup p99 for the first time tonight and rolled a mage if anyone wants to spend countless hours leveling. Purely educational research!
Let me sum it up for you. Every good camp is camped by a level 60 that wants to sell the item for money. You will never get ur epic because TMO is cock blocking the whole server. You are lucky now that kegz is banned you won't have to deal with the dos. The items and plat that are being duped have caused the economy to be super super inflated so you won't be able to buy any gear either. The GM"s are completely wack and do what ever they want. But other than that you should be able to have a good experience somewhat reminding you of how EQ was back in the day besides seeing every rogue have an epic, and ever cleric lvl 5 having and everyone else completely twinked out of their nutsack because they did RMT before everyone started getting banned.

rolx_sl

shitlord
SOE is going to fuck it up for the sake of casuals who aren't going to fucking care whether or not they can be Troll Paladins because they'll all be Elves, Dark Elves or Human.
Exactly. Because casuals don't care about that kind of thing. The more they can do with less consequence the better. If you can be whatever race and have no penalties..tits.. you can be whatever class you want and not have to reroll an alt because you don't like ur main... tits... you don't have to worry about being level X to group with ur friends who are just starting.. tits.. you don't have to worry about being good and killing raid mobs because there isn't any...tits... I could go on for a long time of why this game is for casual players that log on 1-2 hours a day, or I could just remind you that they straight up said this is a casual MMO. Let down of the century. Hopefully all this QQ on the interweb makes them think something is off and they change it.

edit: either I read ur post wrong the first time or u edited it.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
Nice the roundtable is of great use to us... Even the second choice isn't being implemented.

rrr_img_40041.jpg

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
it scares me because if they are doing that with race/class then there will probably be no KoS for any of the races that would require grinding faction.
Have you guys read the lore? There's basically no evil races at this point.

I know you guys love your EQ Lore, but it's just not applicable to EQ Next.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
Have you guys read the lore? There's basically no evil races at this point.

I know you guys love your EQ Lore, but it's just not applicable to EQ Next.
honestly i have not read much about the lore of eqn but honestly its irrelevant because they can shape the lore to dumb down the gameplay so maybe they should change the lore so the gameplay can have some substance.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
hardcore people dont give a shit about that race restriction bullshit either, or atleast not any more than casuals do. roleplayers give a shit, but roleplayer is a designation that doesnt really apply to either camp exclusively.