EQ Never

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
In theory the vt key was not bad, make players kill raid bosses and explore quite a few zones also. It was shit because instead of exploring said zones you sat in one camp with a group praying that after 6 hours the cleric that just joined wouldn't bitch about how he should get the shard or roll because well cleric.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
Why are you arguing about this shit when its quite apparent there wont be any of this sort of shit in eqnext.
Because even if the specific process is not in EQN, theses processes should be examined to see why people like and disliked them and what they brought to the game. Why are you so shallow minded?

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
Can you clarify what "issue" you're referring to? The fact that developers can't make content fast enough? Or do you believe that ability to tolerate a timesink/hours of trivial gameplay should be the differential for success in game?
EQ was always fun enough for me to not consider the timesink trivial or untolerable. However, I understand that many people did not enjoy the timesink, so how can we create a "fun" bottleneck? Is that even the solution? That's why we are discussing it.

Edit: this may be a bad example for this crew but I'll try it anyway. Think of it like going to the gym. Damn working out sucks, especially running. But after the boring ass timesink every day, the you feel fucking good and your heart wont die while camping VP key eating cheetos, thats the reward.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We said it before but keying should just be attached the guild crest. Once a certain number of members of the guild have the key the guild can talk to NPC and flag the entire guild or something.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Id neg the fuck out of anyone who *liked* the VT key. Or the VP key for that matter. And if it wasn't just a key bottleneck it was a broken encounter bottleneck. Or a not dropping the fucking piece bottleneck.

EQ was all about controlling progression through bottlenecks....Designing encounters around CH. Having Brad assure you personally on whineplay that your week of logs and parsing is incorrect and Magician Pets do dual wield. Its like the Director of the Louvre looking at the Mona Lisa and saying, this is a fantastic Monet!

You had to live with it, but you never loved it.
Fuck Luclin and those shards!

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yep, the heart of the matter is that some content should be earned through trial and not just there to be consumed at the onset of a patch. Never coming back, but it's a much cooler / satisfying way of designing raid progression.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Attaching to the guild crest is a great compromise. Not sure it will be relevant to EQN but yeah.

Thanks to everyone pointing out the one and two races that can't be dks and monks, respectively, like the true nerds you are. Hopefully a full lisp was used while sounding it out.
smile.png

We said it before but keying should just be attached the guild crest. Once a certain number of members of the guild have the key the guild can talk to NPC and flag the entire guild or something.
I like this idea. Of course, you would have the SAME people doing the keying for the entire guild all the time until they got burned out doing it and quit.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I like this idea. Of course, you would have the SAME people doing the keying for the entire guild all the time until they got burned out doing it and quit.
Doing a key once with a core group of friends every key cycle wouldn't be nearly as bad as back keying alts or new members all the time.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I think we should herd up all everyone under a certain IQ level and exterminate them so that we can have the MMO we want.

Devs, get on that.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not always the case tho.. Everyone has spurts. You will always have your proactive people but you will also have new people who want to contribute. It would balance out for the most part. Also..add some rank incentive based on contributions to guild.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Because even if the specific process is not in EQN, theses processes should be examined to see why people like and disliked them and what they brought to the game. Why are you so shallow minded?
Who the fuck is shallow minded? Youre the one bringing up shitty camping game mechanics from 2002. You seriously want that shit back int he game? Sitting in one spot hoping for a .1% chance for some shitty item to drop? Not just for you but your entire group or guild? Process sucked,plain and simple, not just for the VT keys but anything else.

I can most assuredly tell you that this shit will not be in this game. think progressively not regress.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
Who the fuck is shallow minded? Youre the one bringing up shitty camping game mechanics from 2002. You seriously want that shit back int he game? Sitting in one spot hoping for a .1% chance for some shitty item to drop? Not just for you but your entire group or guild? Process sucked,plain and simple, not just for the VT keys but anything else.

I can most assuredly tell you that this shit will not be in this game. think progressively not regress.
Can you read?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been thinking about the combat skill system with traditional classes. So take the SK for example, 4 basic skills Big cleave, dot, snare and life steal for the weapon skills. Class skills could include Feign death, summon skele, debuff disease/poison and root.

This system does seem kind of limiting but it could be worked with depending on what the functional weapons and class skills are. Does each class only have 4 class skills or can you only have 4 class skills sloted, sorry if this has been asked?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Been thinking about the combat skill system with traditional classes. So take the SK for example, 4 basic skills Big cleave, dot, snare and life steal for the weapon skills. Class skills could include Feign death, summon skele, debuff disease/poison and root.

This system does seem kind of limiting but it could be worked with depending on what the functional weapons and class skills are. Does each class only have 4 class skills or can you only have 4 class skills sloted, sorry if this has been asked?
Pretty sure more skills will be gained through the tiers but you can only slot 4. But 4 per class wouldn't really be limiting either since you have 40 classes worth of 4 skills to pool from.

Also 8 skills hot barred at a time is perfect since 1,2,3,4 and alt 1,2,3,4 are easy enough to mesmerize that you can actually focus on the combat.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

We know for sure there are only 8 total weapon skills (4 skills for each weapon type). We know that the class abilities "level" as you tier up. But we don't know for sure if there are more than 4 skills per class - I thought there was something said to the effect there's 6-12 per class but

1. I can't find it AND
2. maybe they were talking about combined weapon skills + class abilities, anyway. Good question if anyone here will be at Gamescon.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I actually hope its just 4 skills per class since adding 1 extra ability to each class would increase the number of ability's by 40 across the board and that shit could get out of hand. Quality over quantity.

Make them unique but don't make any 1 ability across the classes necessary. The harder classes to get should have carrot other then "Super Wizard has the best nuke!"

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Ya know, in all honesty... I'm old, i'm grumpy and yea i dwell on the past of how awesome EQ was. But If i just had to pick 1 thing for EQN and leave the rest to them, i'd pick difficulty, that's all. I'll adjust to whatever combat dynamics they bring in, or limiting factors etc..
I want an MMO where if i happen to not be able to log in for 1 week and then i come back, 90% of the server is not at max "level". I don't want to log into EQN on the first day after 5 hours of "up time" and see a level 60 running through my zone. All i want is an MMO where level progression means something and the mobs can kick your ass.
If EQN does this, i'll be happy.