EQ Never

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Yeh but the hardcore gamer doesn't want to log out of the game they are playing to masturbate, so the female characters have to have big titties and pouty lips and shit
I'm going to start training for MLG status by jacking it to anime and work my way up to MMO characters. Achievs and world firsts here I come!

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
If EQN bombs.. Please no.. I'd like to give Star Citizen a chance. Otherwise I'd prolly still play EQ on Test. Star Trek bombed, Star Wars bombed, GW2 blows, Warhammer sucked, Blizzard sucks now so Titan will probably look great and suck ass. If EverQuest fails too? I think that would be the nail in the MMORPG coffin for myself.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The SOEmote thing ,is it even used that much right now ? I just can't see gearing much of anything game related design toward it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
EQN won't bomb, but it certainly can be an overwhelming disappointment and underachiever. Frankly, if they keep shunning their roots some might be wishing it happens to make a point.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
EQN won't bomb, but it certainly can be an overwhelming disappointme thinknt and underachiever. Frankly, if they keep shunning their roots some might be wishing it happens to make a point.
I don't think it'll bomb - unless it's bug ridden and supremely hackable when released. Apparently, either McPherson or Butler (not sure which) didn't know what MQ was when asked.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think even if EQNext sucks by our standards, it's still going to be wildly successful because of Landmark garneringa lotof users and funneling them into EQNext.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I think even if EQNext sucks by our standards, it's still going to be wildly successful because of Landmark garneringa lotof users and funneling them into EQNext.
No doubt. We'll be able to get a hint of what EQN will look like by looking at Landmark over the next year. If Landmark garners a shitload of builders (which I'm assuming it will), then it'll be safe to assume most/all of them will migrate to EQN.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If EQN fails, in a personal sense not in a business sense, I'm hanging up my MMO hat.

edit: Unless something like UO 2 should arise. Or EQ3. Ok, who am I kidding here..

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Sweet mother of god.
rrr_img_39848.jpg

Ideally EQN ends up good fun that lasts for a good while. I'd love for a viable alternative to traditional leveling to work for example, even if I would prefer it to be applied to a more standard class system.

But if only the Storybricks and Voxel Farm parts end up working, the industry will still have gained two VERY powerful middle-ware packages.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Rosie likes this ratonga style... does not bode well.

rrr_img_39840.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comme...ing_aesthetic/
Fun fact: around the time eq2 was being launched, a guy on the official forums did a visual analysis of a bunch of the races. It turns out, the ratongas weren't actually modeled on rats at all; looking at their heads, the ratongas are a one-to-one recreation of squirrels. Looking at that fan art, at least the ratongas there look like mice and rats (left and right, respectively), so I'd call it an improvement (prefer the portrait shot on the right, personally).

misery_sl

shitlord
If EQNext bombs my grades will go up, my health will remain the same or increase, I will earn more money, and my relationships will be stronger.
Also, I will be disappointed, probably drop gaming for a long time, and be bored out of my mind. Ahh, equivalent exchange.

Edit: English.

iannis

Musty Nester
Haven't read much about it since the kickstarter. It's shaping up?
Last time I checked they're just plugging along.

I have no shame in being a blatant panty-throwing-at-the-stage Obsidian fanboy though. They'll deliver. They always have.

I won't even insult them by asking them to spit on it first.

iannis

Musty Nester
Fun fact: around the time eq2 was being launched, a guy on the official forums did a visual analysis of a bunch of the races. It turns out, the ratongas weren't actually modeled on rats at all; looking at their heads, the ratongas are a one-to-one recreation of squirrels. Looking at that fan art, at least the ratongas there look like mice and rats (left and right, respectively), so I'd call it an improvement (prefer the portrait shot on the right, personally).
Reepicheep will be reborn!