EQ Never

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I've always said I like the Kerran model too, for the record.

Hell I love the sprint animation so much I may even play one at launch depending on class availability.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I agree Quaid but I have no tolerance for companies that sell such cheaply made products at absurd pricing.

Anyone else hoping Slate makes some kind of comeback?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I agree Quaid but I have no tolerance for companies that sell such cheaply made products at absurd pricing.

Anyone else hoping Slate makes some kind of comeback?
Slate has to be back, I need to destroy him for all the pain he caused my paladin in the early days.

Also, the Kerran looks alright up until the friggin' Chester Cheetah lion (crossbreed I guess) head. Swap it for a fucking tiger or something, give it some majesty. Everybody loves majesty.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
There will be multiple big cat heads for the Kerran. Probably lion and tiger at least but I'm also hoping for a black panther one.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I can't read the subreddit for EQNext any more. Anybody not convinced about certain aspects are "haters" and met with downvotes. It's turning into a circlejerk with the devs and a bunch of morons kissing ass. The art director is posting there and that batch of tools is praising the Kerran model.
I generally just check out the gone wild subreddit. Reddit is meh. I only read the eqnext subreddit because of the combat posts. Much better discussion here generally.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I've always said I like the Kerran model too, for the record.

Hell I love the sprint animation so much I may even play one at launch depending on class availability.
I don't mind the model, I don't like the armor. <thundercats>

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Which is why I don't understand why the devs aren't posting here.
The nature of this board is very unwelcoming to developers. Many people here are critical thinkers, but if you want interaction with developers some of the hate that gets flung takes it way too far and crosses the line of reasonable debate. Agreeing with every thing a developer does damn sure isn't the answer and I wouldn't suggest taking on that attitude, but faced with being called out for personal, real life issues or just a string of expletives is probably enough to turn them away.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Basically, we have no room for "group speak" in which they tend to combine topics and hope they avoid specifics. FOHers (and the allied forum folks) fucking -love- talking about the specifics. And generally speaking, we know what we are talking about. Kreugen, Pyros, Myself (omg self upvote) and Lady_Vex can probably tell you volumes about the reality of combat/spells/everything involving paladins/SKs et al during the majority of EQ's heyday. Developers do not want that kind of feedback, as it doesn't fit in well with their devspeak they have for current/upcoming games. There really is no reason for them to post here unless they want actual feedback, which invalidates the information they would have at hand from focus groups et al.

Reality is a black hole for actual conversation when it comes to MMOs. I mean shit, look at the last 20 pages of this thread and the thoughts on combat then look at the forums for EQ:N and understand the differences.

Specifically... we are not the intended audience. Any of us.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
Which is why I don't understand why the devs aren't posting here.
That's why I made the post in the first place. Everyone on reddit is patting them on the back and in my eyes reinforcing some of the questionable ideas. Now on the other hand this board isn't quite as friendly but brings the suggestions and thorough conversations. We need a happy medium.

Astaire_sl

shitlord
And this is what has been the hardest for me to accept. You're absolutely right.

After reading no "Antonica/Tunaria" among other lore abortions, the questionable combat issues, and other gimmicks, I started to lose interest.

Then I go on reddit and some asshat explains that while never having played an EQ game, "everything is looking AMAZING!" followed by thanks from a dev in a direct reply. That's when I realized this may not be the game for me.

Someone threw up a WTF Flag at no Tunare/Inny/Cazic. Downvoted. So a dev sees that and probably concludes it's what the players want.

But I do acknowledge it's early. Who knows.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Why should we be the intended audience if you were hoping for eq3?

We all left that game... Remember? (Well most of us)

Caliane

I don't know. on paper this sounds amazing. They are calling for some of the things I have asked for, for years.

Ecology, action mmo, dynamic spawning questions, caves/dungeons, etc.

I just have serious doubts on what is actually possible. And anyones experience in taking these ideas, and making them work in action in a massive environment. As just because something has become possible with next gen hardware, doesn't mean anyone knows about how to actually get it done, and done well, without massive holes in design.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
My worry, why take the (I assume) dps hit of a traditional tank when everyone else can provide the dmg mitigation without the dps loss.
The answer is the same as in current MMOs. Content has to be challenging enough to warrant bringing the specialized classes, otherwise you are better off with more dps.

As long as the roles are there (and from all we know they will be) everything else hinges on how the content is designed, and that isnt a problem unique to EQN. I assume the team will want to deliver content ranging from soloable up to raid-sized.