EQ Never

Quaid

Trump's Staff
And I communicate how? If you say vent, I'll start crying.
With a keyboard man. I hate voice comm.

Also, EQOA had a built in quick-chat macro system for commonly used phrases. Press a button combination and you could say anything from 'Hail %t' to 'I'm attacking %t' or 'I need to take a short afk'.

It was super intuitive, and you could communicate short, in combat appropriate messages very effectively. When you are chillin in town or during extended downtime and wanna chat, just put down the controller and type on a KB as usual.

Trust me... If it's done well, MMORPG combat and movement becomes 100% more enjoyable when you are able to use a controller.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Console Vs PC Gaming- Which Is Better?- A Comparison | Welcome to XTek Hub

Every time I use a controller be it on console or PC, this is how it feels to me.
images

After using a controller, this is how Mouse and KB feel.
article-0-190CCCC8000005DC-794_634x410.jpg

Thats with the controllers, the camera on console is worse and its terrible execution setup carries over to PC like a bad plague.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
And I communicate how? If you say vent, I'll start crying.
Its a modern MMO so why communicate? Single player for +gooder is all you need. The other people are probably on a different quest step anyway, thats always such a hassle.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
If they really get it like eq with only 3 or 4 buttons to worry about in combat, the ps4 controller will be great. Would still need support for a separate wireless keyboard for guild and ooc chat input and shit. I hope they don't pull a final fantasy and go double trigger shift to squeeze the 16 hotkeys in for combat. I can't wait for a dev to figure out you don't need 12 backstabs and 4 evades to have fun rogue combat, and when the button interface is simple you can make the fights and dungeons hard and not have people's heads explode. Seriously, fuck wow and the terrible shit it made "mandatory" for mmos.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
EQNext will have less available abilities per class than even EQ did. In EQ you had 8 spell slots, but you also had all those other abilities like taunt, kick, bash, sense heading, beg, fishing and so on. EQNext will have 8 abilities, and as far as they've shown, that's it. They'll probably have passives to make race/class combinations more unique.

So yeah, 8 abilities should be easy as fuck to map to a controller. I'm probably still going to play with a mouse and keyboard though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's very hard to give up mouse turning and mouse camera controls, a controller just can't match the speed or response time. Keyboards are easy to replace in today's games(limited abilities).

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Ya for top pvp and raiding you wanna stick with mouse and kb. But just grinding and goofing off? Gimme dat controller.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
How are the lore books overall? I've about one and a half deep and it's not exactly top tier writing but I find it pretty enjoyable so far and I wouldn't mind making it through all of them if they're around the same level of quality.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
How are the lore books overall? I've about one and a half deep and it's not exactly top tier writing but I find it pretty enjoyable so far and I wouldn't mind making it through all of them if they're around the same level of quality.
They are all about the same. Very readable but nothing amazing. Easy quick read that you won't really regret or promote too much.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prison of Fire I really enjoyed. Real gritty, dark stuff. Hope to see this translate to game, and not so much Disney.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I don't hate voice chat at all. Back in EQOA it wasn't an option. But judging all MMOs on consoles by 1999 standards is absurd too. It'll be a much better experience on PS4 I would suspect.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Why do you guys hate voice chat so much? haha.
I use voice when I absolutely have to, like raids and pvp, but I still hate it because it usually boils down to a handful of nerds spouting out shitty memes and inside jokes in vent chat for several hours. Fuck that, I want to listen to music while I play
frown.png

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use voice when I absolutely have to, like raids and pvp, but I still hate it because it usually boils down to a handful of nerds spouting out shitty memes and inside jokes in vent chat for several hours. Fuck that, I want to listen to music while I play
frown.png
The problem isn't voice chat. The problem is shitty friends. Make better friends.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Do people still raid with friends? I thought everyone just joined guilds that could do content while hating everyone they played with.