EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Do i need to wait until 55 to do the tower or can I do at 40?

The tower scales with character level as do the key quests. You can do the floors themselves with level 2 Magicians. Really. The key quests take a group. If there's a way to cheese them I don't know what it is. They don't look to scale any lower than level 20. The rewards start at required level 25 with a new tier every ten levels. You wouldn't really ever buy the 25 stuff though I don't think.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do i need to wait until 55 to do the tower or can I do at 40?
Its usually done on level 2 mages. Because the tower scales to your level. And apparently the max level is broken(too hard, one shots you etc). You do need the keys though and you can do at that any level it feels like.

I will say I think the tower can be done by any class if they are buffed by an outside 60. The mages just make it easy by just sending pets. I have died in there on a level 2 mage buffed though. The AEs can hurt if hit and that worm one, the fucking thing summoned me(which I have never seen before) and killed me. WHy I dunno, all I did was send pet and no i didn't sit. Still got credit at least, because group was still there.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The tower scales with character level as do the key quests. You can do the floors themselves with level 2 Magicians. Really. The key quests take a group. If there's a way to cheese them I don't know what it is. They don't look to scale any lower than level 20. The rewards start at required level 25 with a new tier every ten levels. You wouldn't really ever buy the 25 stuff though I don't think.
Its usually done on level 2 mages. Because the tower scales to your level. And apparently the max level is broken(too hard, one shots you etc). You do need the keys though and you can do at that any level it feels like.

I will say I think the tower can be done by any class if they are buffed by an outside 60. The mages just make it easy by just sending pets. I have died in there on a level 2 mage buffed though. The AEs can hurt if hit and that worm one, the fucking thing summoned me(which I have never seen before) and killed me. WHy I dunno, all I did was send pet and no i didn't sit. Still got credit at least, because group was still there.

Thank you. I will go hang out there on the weekend and see if i can't score a group. My play time right now consists of killing 2 mobs then feigning death afk for 2 hours while i autistically search for the most mana efficient dot to use at my level.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
The tower gear has ATK on it, and rumor is the next piece might have haste. Focus effects aren't in until Luclin, where hopefully we see some movement on the slots anyway.

The person i was responding too said "makes all gear in the same slot irrelevant until PoP. That's not even close to reality unless you're fooled by a bunch a random meaningless numbers. Take for example the mask.

Silver Mask of the Slayer vs Tower face with 4 Atk aug. People act as if the tower gear is godly. It is for Kunark... it's good in Velious and it's mostly bad come Luclin. Quick list of face slots that are better then Tower mask in Luclin
Crimson Runed Mask
Mask of Judgment
Mask of Secrets
Mask of Piety
Yttrium Studded Veil
Mask of Resilience
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=11812
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=16269

There is another dozen masks with ATK, More FT, a useful focus or click.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wait until this guy finds out there are level 65 version of the tower gear as well that will become available alongside the PoP launch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank god there are idiots like this that will spend DKP / gold to get items from raids, or the game would be 100% dead when all 12 slots are filled with tower gear.

• 1Picard

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Thank you. I will go hang out there on the weekend and see if i can't score a group. My play time right now consists of killing 2 mobs then feigning death afk for 2 hours while i autistically search for the most mana efficient dot to use at my level.

Aeth made good guides for this stuff. Do the key quest on a high level toon which gives you access to the high level gear and then you persona down to farm currency.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The person i was responding too said "makes all gear in the same slot irrelevant until PoP. That's not even close to reality unless you're fooled by a bunch a random meaningless numbers. Take for example the mask.

Silver Mask of the Slayer vs Tower face with 4 Atk aug. People act as if the tower gear is godly. It is for Kunark... it's good in Velious and it's mostly bad come Luclin. Quick list of face slots that are better then Tower mask in Luclin
Crimson Runed Mask
Mask of Judgment
Mask of Secrets
Mask of Piety
Yttrium Studded Veil
Mask of Resilience
Blood Veil of the Shissar
Acrylia Embedded Visor

There is another dozen masks with ATK, More FT, a useful focus or click.

By the time Velious launches you're going to have three more pieces of tower gear added to the mix with two more unlocking during that expansion all to tackle content people have cleared in rags worn by players that have all been bis in these eras multiple times before. The "tower gear is good enough" rock and the "I've been Classic/Kunark/Velious/Luclin/PoP bis three times" hard place.

I think this stuff is going to be really popular with the bulk of the server and be more benefit than detriment but it definitely is going to impact the loot carrot.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have you guys considered that perhaps you don’t actually like playing EverQuest if you’re actively wanting gear to be removed just so you can chase the high of “sweet upgrades” dropping

• 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I would argue that chasing gear upgrades is one of the primary gameplay aspects of Everquest.

• 6Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would argue that chasing gear upgrades is one of the primary gameplay aspects of Everquest.
Mediate The Muppets GIF by ABC Network

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hierophant cloaks and superiority necks are still useful for your alts until they hit 55. Thus they still hold some value(I dont think they are worth what people pay for them though). They will crash eventually, as the leveling market shrinks and shrinks.

Hierophant already falling below a kr, necks are still going for 1 though.

Yeah, I'm using a Hiero cloak to level personas. It's a hugely helpful item for leveling and I'd say 1kr for it was fine. It's gonna lower as more people get them like everything else does but I definitely wouldn't say it's obsoleted by Tower gear.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Now that we're a couple of weeks in it's impossible to call Teek anything but a success. The prior year Oakwynd launched with a medicore ruleset to then fall victim to a currency/item dupe from the introduction of the tradeskill depot. Even before that the economy was heavily inflated from the PL crews and the constant demand for more max level characters from the playerbase. When Luclin launched and it was time to cash in on a massive bonus to AA exp gain it just...didn't work? Cheating was rampant. Botting was rampant. I was of the opinion that the 25th anniversary server would get everyone to show up but once they saw the terrible state of the game that would be it. Next year the new TLP would fail and the whole thing would be kind of over. Daybreak had held off on a Mischief clone longer than anyone thought they would and it was a proven crowd pleaser but what about everything else?

The launch went fine. For the number of people trying to play it's hard to complain. There was a lengthy queue for the first two days but it got tackled. Everyone went to implement all the strategies refined on Oakwynd regarding boxing and dubious software got a suspension.

View attachment 531790

Some other anti-cheat went in to action. The more flagrant shit people paid to use got riskier and harder to come by. The surviving box crews out in the wild look like they used to look back in the day. They look like they're being operated by human beings and are far less odious. The PL crews were slower to get going and while inflation is always going to be a thing it's going to take more time to have a character leveled (and thus be more expensive) with no incentive for people to have several max level characters they never play.

Cheating reigned in a little, boxing reigned in a little, the servers work, the queue was short-lived, people showed up to play in huge numbers and I ever had Daybreak make me whole when I had five krono poof from my inventory. I don't know what the fuck is going on and I don't know if it is going to last but it honestly feels like a different company is running the show. They even quickly addressed the amount of platinum the tower key quests were generating. On Oakwynd handing out millions of platinum to strangers wasn't enough to convince them there was a dupe. Their official position was they looked in to it and didn't see an issue. It took so long to get legacy experience to apply to AAs that a bunch of people just went and gave Season of Discovery a try instead. They could have immediately issued bonus global exp and just...didn't? For anyone that skipped Oakwynd it's hard to convey just how fucking awful everything Daybreak did was.

Daybreak deciding it actually gave a shit wasn't what I was expecting but I never in a million years thought we'd see this many players also really give a shit. After Sleeper, Combine, Fippy, Vulak, Discord, Agnarr, Coirnav, Selo, Miragul, Mangler, Aradune, Rizlona, Mischief, Thornblade, Vaniki, Yelinak and the donkey punch that was Oakwynd there still exist hundreds of people willing to poop sock against each other and do it for Kunark loot no less all the while this motherfucker

View attachment 531791

is floating off in the distance.

It's inconceivable.

And they're not just poop socking. Reminiscent of World of Warcraft the two teams are going hard on consumables to push the envelop and secure wins. Planar wands, Kedge clicks, Lynuga earrings and others used en masse while lugging around a combination with a load of alchemical potions and powders that would earn you a respected nod from Hunter S Thompson. After spending 70 hours leveling one character people are leveling up boxes and personas of the premier dps classes to better use the 14 seconds they have before a raid target falls over. It's not for the loot either. With the Anniversary Tower everyone has more hit points, mana, mana regen, health regen, attack and resists now they would have been possible with this eras full best in slot. It's only going to get more ridiculous as time goes on. Check this out -

View attachment 531804

Not only is there a new floor of the tower unlocked each month with presumably another piece of gear to wear but Teek gets the Planes of Power at the start of December. That's 12 slots every single person is going to be able to upgrade day one minute one with level 65 gear plus augments to then spend the next four months in PoP. Again. If rewards include non-lore rings, earrings or bracers it's 15 instead of 12. Meanwhile Gorenaire has never been more popular in a quarter century as 400 people try and zone out of Karnor's Castle to take her down all for bragging rights. For those of us doing the instanced guild thing soaking in loot the highlight reels look like the craziest fucking shit. The chillest dadmode ruleset server plus tower candyland and this game can still generate this much enthusiasm.

I wonder if recruitment has begun for the 26th.

This was a terrific article to read. I can't argue with any of it. Liked the line about Hunter S Thompson.

Maybe player enthusiasm is up (among non-cheaters anyway) because DBG is being more hands-on with the game and it feels like somebody's actually at the wheel again. Not going out on much of a limb to say that it seems like DBG got taken over by a completely different company when the 25th anniversary hit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Seeing a fuck ton of MQ2ers last few days. A bunch of 24-36 man crews doing shit. Trying to be friendly with people because the report threshold for a 7 day right now is two (2) reports and they're not reading appeals.

• 1Solidarity

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
So any word on trading keys? It used to work on FV and that other free trade that died quick. Again, just want to borrow it if it works. Don't really want to drag my lvl 1 cleric over to Seb test the theory myself.

HS key usually simple, but i don't see myself getting prod. Haven't seen one for sale times I've sat in tunnel either. Xalgoz used to be on a 21ish min timer and simple kill, I can't recall if he marked rare, if he is I'm either screwed or I'm gonna loot it easy from rot.

My OCD on this prevents me from leveling lol, still sitting at 40.

I really need to find a guild, this solo random shit isn't working for me anymore.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Have you guys considered that perhaps you don’t actually like playing EverQuest if you’re actively wanting gear to be removed just so you can chase the high of “sweet upgrades” dropping
Positive feedback gameplay loops are important.

• 1EyeRoll

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So any word on trading keys? It used to work on FV and that other free trade that died quick. Again, just want to borrow it if it works. Don't really want to drag my lvl 1 cleric over to Seb test the theory myself.

HS key usually simple, but i don't see myself getting prod. Haven't seen one for sale times I've sat in tunnel either. Xalgoz used to be on a 21ish min timer and simple kill, I can't recall if he marked rare, if he is I'm either screwed or I'm gonna loot it easy from rot.

My OCD on this prevents me from leveling lol, still sitting at 40.

I really need to find a guild, this solo random shit isn't working for me anymore.

You can't trade any of the major keys. VP, Seb, HS. Nodrop. All the medallions to get the keys are droppable (not that any of them are hard to get - Seb ones rot in TT constantly, VP ones are easier than ever, etc).

HS is kind of a ghost town anyway. Xalgoz fang is super easy to get, he always drops it and usually multiple. Prod is harder to get due to all the people who hang out in that room. I was lucky and somehow got a spawn five minutes after arriving there (and got the kill, in spite of a nearby necro dropping an EBolt on chancellor as I was pulling... suck it, EBolt).

Already pretty much done with Kunark and ready for an expac with loot actually worth bidding on.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
You can't trade any of the major keys. VP, Seb, HS. Nodrop. All the medallions to get the keys are droppable (not that any of them are hard to get - Seb ones rot in TT constantly, VP ones are easier than ever, etc).

HS is kind of a ghost town anyway. Xalgoz fang is super easy to get, he always drops it and usually multiple. Prod is harder to get due to all the people who hang out in that room. I was lucky and somehow got a spawn five minutes after arriving there (and got the kill, in spite of a nearby necro dropping an EBolt on chancellor as I was pulling... suck it, EBolt).

Already pretty much done with Kunark and ready for an expac with loot actually worth bidding on.
I likely didn't even look at the seb key after i got it, I just assumed it was like FV. Chalk that up to new to TLP free trade rules I'm not clear on, thanks. Makes sense they wouldn't let that squeeze through.

If HS is a ghost town, great. Main reason I want key is for questing, but it's my favorite 40's zone, and gives me my preferred solo zone if I'm LFG or sick of peoples shit.

I just need to find a prod for sale if Xalgoz isn't an issue.

Gonna start leveling cleric box with mage persona today I think, might just take a break with necro, catch up, and spend some more time in guk.

Occurred to me that the tower gear actually kinda goes with the server name, I forgot Franklin Teek was the dude in PoK that gave you kill quests for half the non-vis defiant gear, with rest non-vis off vendor.