EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, I think it's still buckets. But as it was just pointed out, Kedge loot, even on Mischief was obnoxiously over burdened in the high end lower guk bucket. Did they go back and program in percentages to create some type of rarity in order to prop up even more Krono sales? I mean, I know Im reaching - but Jboots is holding onto its value quite well for it being such a low level rarity item, for example.

Bucket List for those that messaged me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So potentially those Krono were "dirty" from a week ago and rather then refund the plat you paid they gave you current plat. That has to be the most competent thing i've ever heard of DPG doing.

Yeah, I know. It's fucking shocking. It's like an entirely different company bought EQ for the 25th anniversary.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Jboots being worth money is purely because people are dumb/ignorant/naive. We've had so many ancient rings rot at camps anywhere from Unrest to Lguk to Uguk to Sol A to even the AC itself because everyone had jboots and a spare. The best part is the people buying the ring for 600-800p, waiting on Haste (Rathe Mountains has ~20 people at any given time and 10-15 are waiting for Hasten/Brother Z), and then dumping them and selling them for 1kr plus. I've been seeing box groups of mages in Rathe thinking "Oh, I might have HG competition!", but nope. They're sitting at the Feerrott zoneline killing any wandering Hasten PH's trying to get a robe or turn in their 6+ Jboots turn ins.

We had a guy farming Peggy cloaks day 3 in Steamfont from the mino lord and I think he got about 4-5 pretty quick and then just left. It's all shit ass RNG. I've gotten 3 Fungi tunics in Kennels in Chardok and I've killed close to 30 Deathfangs and 44 Kennel Master's according to my logs. That's not counting Underboss/Overseer/Herbablists we snatched. RNG is just RNG.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1717642234160.png

More people in VS's room than the entire Tormax server.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jboots being worth money is purely because people are dumb/ignorant/naive. We've had so many ancient rings rot at camps anywhere from Unrest to Lguk to Uguk to Sol A to even the AC itself because everyone had jboots and a spare. The best part is the people buying the ring for 600-800p, waiting on Haste (Rathe Mountains has ~20 people at any given time and 10-15 are waiting for Hasten/Brother Z), and then dumping them and selling them for 1kr plus. I've been seeing box groups of mages in Rathe thinking "Oh, I might have HG competition!", but nope. They're sitting at the Feerrott zoneline killing any wandering Hasten PH's trying to get a robe or turn in their 6+ Jboots turn ins.

We had a guy farming Peggy cloaks day 3 in Steamfont from the mino lord and I think he got about 4-5 pretty quick and then just left. It's all shit ass RNG. I've gotten 3 Fungi tunics in Kennels in Chardok and I've killed close to 30 Deathfangs and 44 Kennel Master's according to my logs. That's not counting Underboss/Overseer/Herbablists we snatched. RNG is just RNG.

Jboots and hero bracers and maybe some other things have value from a tedium standpoint. Who wants to run to qeynos or rathe mtns to turn this shit in? And do faction work or ph smashing too? From what I saw, jboots are over double what the ring is, and that makes total sense to me.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Jboots and hero bracers and maybe some other things have value from a tedium standpoint. Who wants to run to qeynos or rathe mtns to turn this shit in? And do faction work or ph smashing too? From what I saw, jboots are over double what the ring is, and that makes total sense to me.
Jboots are like 10x what the ring is at this point

Needless

Toe Sucker
Is there still not a way to bring your bags to the front of your screen? its pretty insane how the inventory is always covering shit by default lmao

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Is there still not a way to bring your bags to the front of your screen? its pretty insane how the inventory is always covering shit by default lmao
Yeah the "new" UI shit goes overtop of the old ui. It's very stupid and they've done like 3 pieces of the UI by now. High value UI elements like just the target of target window. lol

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah the "new" UI shit goes overtop of the old ui. It's very stupid and they've done like 3 pieces of the UI by now. High value UI elements like just the target of target window. lol
Its prob because the new UI engine almost doubles the amount of cpu power taken by the client.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1717661375376.png

It's kind of cringey when you find a guy boxing his own harem. Even the water elemental in the background is like "wtf"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
In the end you suffer through Kunark because future content is fun.
What’s your opinion on velious raiding in era? It’s one of the first 5 expansions I’ve never really played in era. I did some planes raiding, Kael etc stuff on live back in the day but completely missed probably 50% of raid content. Always been tempted to come back and experience it.

Are my hopes a little high on the fun factor for that in a TLP environment?

Sterling

El Presidente
Velious is much better than Kunark, but I feel like TLPs really start getting good at Luclin. I know there's a bunch of Trilogy and PoP diehards but I think Luclin is better than Velious and PoP and I think GoD is the best early expansion on TLP.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Velious is much better than Kunark, but I feel like TLPs really start getting good at Luclin. I know there's a bunch of Trilogy and PoP diehards but I think Luclin is better than Velious and PoP and I think GoD is the best early expansion on TLP.
I can't help feeling sour about GoD, as even without WoW, it would have still ended up causing me to quit. It's actually a pretty good expansion in modern days, tons of content.

I was a tester for GoD, and I vaguely recall us being ignored on everything aside from glaring bugs, meanwhile I was testing WoW, and they actually made use of good feedback (Blizzard of old, those were the days)

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Also we also had a whole bunch of VP weapons just sorta rot (i.e. sit in officer banks) on the last clear. Five Frozen Zweihanders and two of them didn't even go to anyone IIRC. A TON of stuff is going to alt bid already. Nobody is hurting for loot. Deep splitting also offsets the larger number of people (and then some).
Outside of like the PE hammer and a rogue weapon basically all the VP weapons should rot every time, even the first time you do VP. VP weapons are garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user