EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1729011532509.png

Speaking of Mons Letalis, from a lore perspective this is one of the most interesting places in Luclin.

1729011598600.png

There's an ancient Combine teleport spire in ruins here with no word as to what purpose it served. One of the mysteries of EQ.

IIRC this was originally supposed to be the teleport to the expansion endzone, and Vex Thal was supposed to be a city (perhaps a warring faction with Seru, ala Kael/Thurg?). No idea what the original expansion endzone was intended to be but now I'm curious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure I'll get corrected. I believe that spire was an in-progress one in an attempt to find a way to leave Luclin originally? But the attempt never ended up happening.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm sure I'll get corrected. I believe that spire was an in-progress one in an attempt to find a way to leave Luclin originally? But the attempt never ended up happening.
It was Griegs final attempt to get them back to Norrath before he went mad iirc. Luclin unleashed the shades there to destroy them so the Combine couldn’t leave.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's a cool zone, too bad there's almost no reason to go there. Though I imagine it would be a huge pain in the ass to actually do any grouping in most of the zone.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

It's always funny how people don't know how easy it is to get around in VT just from geometry exploits that don't require warping.

• 3Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
VT has the most broken geometry in EQ, it's been that way since 2001, devs know about it, it's not been fixed. Rcry just doing their thing crying about it.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
My assumption is certain crews became so dependent on MMOBugs they aren't aware you can move anywhere you want in VT entirely legitimately (as legitimately as cheesing broken zone geometry is anyway). They are all down now but there were even streamers that showed full videos of all the skips back in like Agnarr / Coirnav era. None of it is new or secret, guys like Authority were literally teaching anyone who asked.

Needless

Toe Sucker
<Silver Donator>
VT's gotta be the laziest raid zone in existence

black slimes thats not a boss
black slimes that are a boss
black robe guys thats not a boss
black robe guys that is a boss
pale guys with black robe thats not a boss
pale guys with black robe that are a boss
giant bitch with a sick necklace

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I just loaded up one of my old characters from 15 or so years ago on FV. Jesus christ the menus and skills are so freaking ridiculous. Not to mention having to buy the same stupid spells every few levels. I forgot how tedious this game is with all the expansions and AAs and crap. Took a tour around PoT and Kelethin and logged right back off. I don't think I could go from Elden Ring back to EQ. Polish vs shoe polish.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

All filled with way too much trash.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
We did all but 5 bosses, as minimum trash as we could (+1 gater bonus pull), no COTHing, and no geometry shit.

345 mobs including the bosses.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Basically RI has been doing more weird cucky clownshoes shit like not racing Emp but trying to snipe rift mobs, or not racing Khati but triggering the event prematurely to try and lock us out of it, and so on and so forth.

Then when they get called on it they're all "But Faceless WARPS-!!!11"

Nobody of any relevance warps in Faceless, least of all the people who tediously have to use zone geometry to run around and COTH.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

That's pretty amusing talk coming from a guild that Vicious runs. On Mangler my guild didn't do much open world stuff but the few times we were in VT, he would constantly warp to build a train and bring it on top of us. We even had a pretty good video of him suddenly appearing in the middle of the floor repeatedly.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's pretty amusing talk coming from a guild that Vicious runs. On Mangler my guild didn't do much open world stuff but the few times we were in VT, he would constantly warp to build a train and bring it on top of us. We even had a pretty good video of him suddenly appearing in the middle of the floor repeatedly.
When you are so used to operating this way it’s tough to believe someone else knows a better skip that doesn’t use warp.

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Plane of Shadow, I believe.

I get a strong vibe from VT that it was rushed out to market. They took a town and repurposed it with a bunch of copypasta blob and robe bosses, gated it off with locked doors, and made it the endzone.

Wonder if AHR's model was originally supposed to be used for Luclin herself?

The cool thing is that Plane of Shadow does eventually get used (in ROF) and it wouldn't surprise me if that zone really is the unused original endzone from Luclin as it would have been (repurposed with souped-up visuals). Similar to how COTF's endzone Plane of War is an unused PoP zone that got repurposed.