EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I bet Yelinak is soloable by a correctly twinked-out level 50 SK (and probably other tank classes too). I'm willing to try.

Feel like this has been answered already, but do people have to be in raid and DZ to get the achievement, or just the raid, or just the DZ?

In raid in DZ but you don't need to be in the zone. I don't remember the specifics but I'm pretty sure you can guild standard your way in to still have a merc up in a raid? I'm sure someone else is more familiar with the raid/merc restrictions and the workarounds. I just remember people doing Yelinak with three boxes and three mercs and it taking an extra step to set that up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
The new MQ auto detect is going to be shrinking a lot of those launch group sizes I think.

:)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The new MQ auto detect is going to be shrinking a lot of those launch group sizes I think.

It's that good, huh? Do they mess with people using it on Live? I sort of thought DBG just had a peace treaty with people using MQ on live. I had the impression it was incredibly prevalent on live these days. But that's good to hear.

The only cheating I want to do on tlp is play a 2nd character, just one god damn 2nd character, on the same pc. That's it. sadeg

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I bet Yelinak is soloable by a correctly twinked-out level 50 SK (and probably other tank classes too). I'm willing to try.

Well I didn't get to try because in a solo run the Crusaders banish me before I can even get to him. Man, that's annoying. Charayan almost can't be avoided at all, though after 3 tries I nearly pulled it off. Got past him and lucked out, dropped FD right outside Yelinak's room, got hit by a stray Retribution and then a banish. They can banish at range too. I guess I could run a box character in to take the banish while my main runs by, but that'd require getting a box to the appropriate level and after 6 or so attempts to reach Yelinak I can't be arsed to continue.

1715818064724.png

I'm 95% sure I could have soloed Yelinak himself, even without a Wurmslayer. The fuq is up with those Crusaders and banish though? Super annoying AF

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I didn't get to try because in a solo run the Crusaders banish me before I can even get to him. Man, that's annoying. Charayan almost can't be avoided at all, though after 3 tries I nearly pulled it off. Got past him and lucked out, dropped FD right outside Yelinak's room, got hit by a stray Retribution and then a banish. They can banish at range too. I guess I could run a box character in to take the banish while my main runs by, but that'd require getting a box to the appropriate level and after 6 or so attempts to reach Yelinak I can't be arsed to continue.

View attachment 528976

I'm 95% sure I could have soloed Yelinak himself, even without a Wurmslayer. The fuq is up with those Crusaders and banish though? Super annoying AF
Ive got two characters well equipped and I can just go with you. I still need to get Yelinak on these accounts, I just havent put much effort into it.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Doesnt take that long to make a new account. Im curious though - if they have a way to detect MQ, then doesnt that open up an avenue to detect SEQ, too? I know one is probably opening memory, and the other is a packet sniffer - but I mean if theyre already "in there" watching your computer, seems logical to check for both. I like SEQ, so that'll be sad times.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

View attachment 528976

You could go execute some giants in Kael until you're at glower and then skip all the trash.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Doesnt take that long to make a new account. Im curious though - if they have a way to detect MQ, then doesnt that open up an avenue to detect SEQ, too? I know one is probably opening memory, and the other is a packet sniffer - but I mean if theyre already "in there" watching your computer, seems logical to check for both. I like SEQ, so that'll be sad times.
SEQ is unfortunately too baked into TLP gameplay for them to REALLY do anything. Maybe streamers or whatever they catch with it might get slapped on the wrist, but unfortunately I don't think they'd do anything about SEQ use as it's probably realistically close to 50% of the server.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ive got two characters well equipped and I can just go with you. I still need to get Yelinak on these accounts, I just havent put much effort into it.

Charayan would probably banish both of us. Not sure what the refresh timer is on the banish spell. I could have one character take the banish while my main runs by and FDs past him, which would put me right at Yelinak, but non-FD classes would have to stand and bang it out with Charayan and I'm not sure how well it'd work.

At least the clearing up process would be quicker with more than one character.

People run Yelinak a lot it looks like so chances are you can get adds to it without actually having to do it. I just wanted to see how I'd fare one-on-one with Yelinak, but never got the opportunity.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Umm, for us lazies, what’s the top 3 things we miss out on for none of this achievement bullshit?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Umm, for us lazies, what’s the top 3 things we miss out on for none of this achievement bullshit?

The thing you can use in Kunark that is not purely cosmetic is

1715823606925.png

The other thing people are getting is an item with click teleport to Western Wastes. That's from Yelinak and the food is from CT. You will absolutely want a WW click for Velious but the food won't make or break you.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The thing you can use in Kunark that is not purely cosmetic is

View attachment 529000

The other thing people are getting is an item with click teleport to Western Wastes. That's from Yelinak and the food is from CT. You will absolutely want a WW click for Velious but the food won't make or break you.
Don't forget that there is an achievement where you summon a magus which acts as a vendor and can port you to LDoN camps. The LDoN port doesn't work but it does cause you to succor so you can skip across zones or dodge a train.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Don't forget that there is an achievement where you summon a magus which acts as a vendor and can port you to LDoN camps. The LDoN port doesn't work but it does cause you to succor so you can skip across zones or dodge a train.
Buddy just got me in for one of these. Is the Deepest Guk: The Curse Reborn raid.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Take 10 minutes to go kill giants behind tormax in kael. Literally 10 minutes and you max faction. Walk through skyshrine and smack yelinak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The LDoN port doesn't work but it does cause you to succor so you can skip across zones or dodge a train.

Given Teek lacks the encounter locking mechanic it'll be pretty funny watching people pop smoke and ghost with their Magus to get away.

Tlpman

Golden Squire

The succor tags you for warping right now. Use at your own risk.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users