EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Do you guys know the TLP guild Rampage? Are they any good? I'd join Faceless for Teek, but those raid times are brutal on EU timezone. Unless Faceless also has EU splits that aren't listed on the schedule?

In my experience Faceless usually has stuff going on at all kinds of hours. Also this time around with like a zillion people playing that'll probably be even more the case.

How could you know that for sure? All other anniversary events have always been expansion or level-gated what are the quest givers themselves don't show up until a given expansion. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Sounds to me like the events are probably expansion-gated but the currency/cashing in for rewards might be claimable/doable on Teek, but nobody knows for sure.

If so, seems like an oversight.

Someone should test this on whatever the earliest-era server is at the moment. Probably Oakwynd or Agnarr.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
From playing Mischief…..you don’t need a guild. At all for any reason.

Find a Good small man crew and share drops with a vastly smaller pool of people.

Let the idiots playing 1 toon band together and stare at their dkp day after day Or pray they can win a /random.

This realization struck home pretty blatantly during pop when a few of us realized we could just run our own raids of Fire and Water minis and split the drops between 5-6 people instead of making resellers like Bninja and Tuntuun money each week. Went from getting a few pieces of gear here and there to dozens a week and gearing out a full crew.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Just join a guild. Get carried through all the flagging raids on your useless boxes. Then ditch your guild so you can get extra pixels that you're gonna delete in 10 weeks.

Or just don't be a selfish retard and do both.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
From playing Mischief…..you don’t need a guild. At all for any reason.

Find a Good small man crew and share drops with a vastly smaller pool of people.

Let the idiots playing 1 toon band together and stare at their dkp day after day Or pray they can win a /random.

This realization struck home pretty blatantly during pop when a few of us realized we could just run our own raids of Fire and Water minis and split the drops between 5-6 people instead of making resellers like Bninja and Tuntuun money each week. Went from getting a few pieces of gear here and there to dozens a week and gearing out a full crew.
Lies. You realized that way sooner. Had too! 😂 Bro, your halfling death squad was ready in classic, wasnt it?

I know there was a group of us that was doing small man stuff inside the main guild and people went ape shit when they found out. As if people couldnt make their own? 🙄 I dont even think we had but a few boxes for that. So its a no brainer we push for more boxes this time around.

But its not EQ without an active guild. Not trying to play a single player game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Small mans are a normal part of EQ life now, especially on a Mischief clone, everyone should aim to belong to a side operation. Generally these are good for the guilds they're in as members have more loot and wealth which makes their characters stronger.

The only downside is when scrubs think "the guild is bad our small man is so much better" but really it's just eight guys six boxing poorly and patting themselves on the back while they kill easy shit for loot.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I would think you have to be a decently sized and skilled small man to get access to Vex Thal or Elementals if you're doing it all yourself. Like, what's the minimum number for an Emp kill at the start of a server?

Unless you're that capable it's still worthwhile to have a guild even for purely selfish reasons. Any guild I've been in had no problem getting boxes and friends extra flags and key items when they were rotting.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The issue is you don't need to kill emp.

You just need to clear cursed cycle....which we were doing with 4 people in era.

Guilds are fun for socializing. I quite enjoyed playing a necro through various expansions. They aren't just needed for the random loot servers when you can farm easier bosses for the same tier loot.

Why flag/key for plane of time and suffer through that slog of a clear when you can spin up a fire DZ and just punk some minis for quarm loot?.

There is no point to keying for VP. Buy a bowstaff of trosmag for 1k pp in a month. There you go you beat kunark.

No point keying for VT. At most get a key for seru and farm all the top tier crap you want.

No point keying for any of the pop nonsense. Buy a flag for plane of fire and DONE.

Skip Ldon and beyond and reroll next year.

Edit: Like Velious era, load up crappy 6 box. Murder easy dragon...oh look Dain loot.

HarlaDars.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

You just need to clear cursed cycle....which we were doing with 4 people in era.

Guilds are fun for socializing. I quite enjoyed playing a necro through various expansions. They aren't just needed for the random loot servers when you can farm easier bosses for the same tier loot.

Why flag/key for plane of time and suffer through that slog of a clear when you can spin up a fire DZ and just punk some minis for quarm loot?.

There is no point to keying for VP. Buy a bowstaff of trosmag for 1k pp in a month. There you go you beat kunark.

No point keying for VT. At most get a key for seru and farm all the top tier crap you want.

No point keying for any of the pop nonsense. Buy a flag for plane of fire and DONE.

Edit: Like Velious era, load up crappy 6 box. Murder easy dragon...oh look Dain loot.

View attachment 529217
I'm not sure Dain loot is anything to get geeked up about. Yeah, Harla Dar is easy as hell, but still.

I think the no guild mindset is okay for PoP because of Fire and Water minis but not being able to do Vex Thal in Luclin seems like a big drop off in quantity. It's not like you'd have to clear the whole zone, so you could get a handful of bosses in two hours. Cursed cycle is nice but only Cursed is on tier 1, I'm pretty sure. Four people but how many boxes? Is your goal to make krono or equip your boxes? If it's the latter that seems like a slow way of going about it. Even for PoP, how soon are you going to be able to buy flags? You'd also be missing out on Sol Ro which was a great place to get loot and super easy.

I played Mischief extensively with my six box and as part of a part time bigger crew. I spent more time small manning than large guild raiding but I still think it was super worthwhile to get flagging/keying for my boxes in Luclin and PoP. I don't think most guilds have high raid attendance requirements so it seems like a fairly small investment of time/effort.

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 529217
What kinda class comp were you guys doing those raids with? Been debating what i want to do for Teek long term.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
None of the loot is really worth getting worked up about it. Honestly the drops you get while leveling up and doing your initial gearing are way more fun.

I wasn't trying to argue about not joining a guild at all. My point was mostly that you don't NEED to to get things done on a random server like you would a traditional. Personally I went way too hard on Mischief and if I play Teek past a week I'd be happy with more casual type guild raiding 1-2 nights a week max. What really killed me was way too much small man crew raids. Some folks wanted to play every night 3+ hours on multiple crews. It was too much for me.

The unlocks are way too slow once again. These expansions should be 1 month max. Nobody needs to play months of any of these early expansions.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
What kinda class comp were you guys doing those raids with? Been debating what i want to do for Teek long term.
The 6 box crew I ran was Warrior Enchanter Cleric Shaman Bard Monk.

Most people running 6 box crews run this as the standard setup with SK as tank and they swap enchanter for beastlord or other dps.

When you see the crews of sk/bard/shaman and 3 monks on truebox there is a pretty good chance they are running some flavor of mq2 with /stick. Just turn on timestamps in your log and see if those monks all swing at the same time and laugh.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
How difficult is it to set up multiplicity? I'll probably just single box, but I'm curious if it isn't too bad. I'd want to hook a laptop up to my 2nd monitor and then just use a single keyboard and mouse for both clients, 1 on each monitor I guess? How does it link the pcs/peripherals?

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
How difficult is it to set up multiplicity? I'll probably just single box, but I'm curious if it isn't too bad. I'd want to hook a laptop up to my 2nd monitor and then just use a single keyboard and mouse for both clients, 1 on each monitor I guess? How does it link the pcs/peripherals?
It's fool proof. You set up a grid of computers with a main and secondaries and grant access of each secondary using a code iirc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider
Pretty easy to setup, i've always done Multiplicity (newest version i think) and or Mouse Without Borders, but i also have trackball mice + mini keyboards setup for box PCs off to the side if i need them for whatever reason. Almost all control is done via numpads and the occasional swap with whatever program i'm using at the time.

Numpads will carry you for a long time though, and before long it becomes muscle memory after you get all the keybinds reconfigured.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lies. You realized that way sooner. Had too! 😂 Bro, your halfling death squad was ready in classic, wasnt it?

I know there was a group of us that was doing small man stuff inside the main guild and people went ape shit when they found out. As if people couldnt make their own? 🙄 I dont even think we had but a few boxes for that. So its a no brainer we push for more boxes this time around.

But its not EQ without an active guild. Not trying to play a single player game.

I'd be happy to 3 box once OOW is out, or whenever truebox is lifted, if I'm still around. In the meantime it's one-boxing for me because I can't be arsed to have multiple computers up like I did in the past.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The unlocks are way too slow once again. These expansions should be 1 month max. Nobody needs to play months of any of these early expansions.

Seriously. The perfect server would be a combination of Selo and Mischief, where things move along quick.

Not quite Selo quick though. 1 month isn't enough for a lot of expansions. But 3-4 months is ridiculous. I think I'd just do a blanket 2 months per expansion for all of them and starting with LDON I'd combine non-AA expansions into their neighbors. I think that'd be just right. 6 months in the first 3 would probably be the only weak point, but it'd still be better than how it usually goes. 3 months in Kunark, bleeh.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Multiplicity is a breath of fresh air when it comes to seamless integration of PC's. I mean, everything "just works" right out of the box, so to speak. But be forewarned, get the second version instead of the first version. They give you a peanut sized discount for upgrading to the second version after buying the first. Like gee, thanks.. But the software is great and super easy to setup. I thought I was only going to use two PC's at most, and EQ determined that was a LIE.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
It takes some guilds 3 weeks to get into the highest content, so without lockout changes like Selos had, a month is too fast for a lot of the casual gamers. Two months is plenty and that's how the majority of expansions are. Currently Teek is months weeks of Classic/Kunark + Velious which is still better than the proposed 6 months.

In the later expansions some guilds never even complete the highest tier content with full guilds after 2-3 months as it is. Add in the stupid flagging and rolling unlock bullshit and you need more time. I think 2 months is probably fine for most, if not all expansions. It doesn't take 2 weeks to hit the extra 5 levels when level expacs hit anymore so an entire month for that is excessive. The real limiter is flagging due to tasks and keys. Shit like Underfoot can take 3 weeks for a good guild to get the highest content just because of bullshit.