EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Any suggestions for decent buyable caster gear to fill out slots? Largely unfamiliar with Kunark outside of the BIS stuff like Spirit-Wracked Cord. More interested in bazaar gear I can buy with a krono just to move on from outdated LGuk gear and be more useful.

Edit: It'd probably help to post what I've got. SMR, bunch of LGuk drops, decent tradeskill rings. I should probably start by re-getting GEBs. Had like four of them that I sold back when they were worth (relatively) 10x what they are now.
Froglok Bonecaster's Robe, Ornate Rune Shield, Cone of Mystics, Supple Scale Armband, Jade Inlaid Spaulders, and Kunzar Cloak are all some off the top of my head that drop like absolute candy on Mischief.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I got lost for over 2 hours on my first ever Dark Elf in 1999. It took me over 2 hours to turn in my starting note and get to Nektulos. Remember, no map. And you could NOT alt tab to the internet. Neriak is the hardest content in classic EQ.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I got lost for over 2 hours on my first ever Dark Elf in 1999. It took me over 2 hours to turn in my starting note and get to Nektulos. Remember, no map. And you could NOT alt tab to the internet. Neriak is the hardest content in classic EQ.

I used the hand-drawn maps in the original instruction booklet for the game. They're close enough to the ingame layout to keep you from getting too lost in the starting town.

Unless it's Ak'anon. Fuck Ak'anon!

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My game is having a issue where everytime I load into the server it just crashes on log in. My only fix is going into EQini file to change it Windowed=TRUE to play. Anyone know how to fix this since it keeps reverting back.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ah yes. I remember day one at the noob log where I died because some mage was dropping mod rods all over the place. I inquired as to what it was after picking it up and then used it and died.

Honestly it was pretty hilarious.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I used the hand-drawn maps in the original instruction booklet for the game. They're close enough to the ingame layout to keep you from getting too lost in the starting town.

Unless it's Ak'anon. Fuck Ak'anon!
I learned Akanon really well camping the level 24-29 mechanics on my Druid. Those camps were sweet. Akanon is fucking awesome.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My very, very first character ever made in EQ was a dwarven paladin. I had NO IDEA what a MMORPG was at all. All I knew was that I really liked playing SSI's Pools of Radiance back in the day on my Commodore 64, and I saw a magazine article talking about this EverQuest game that you create a character and you develop it over time. I thought it sounded cool like the old SSI games where you would take your characters from game to game as they came out.

So, I bought the game, installed it, created an account, logged in, and said "wow this game is ugly." I hopped around on tables, ran around a few rooms, and logged out.

A couple weeks later, I thought I would load up the game to give it one last shot before my free month ran out. As I was running around on my dwarf, the game froze. Just before I was about to do a hard reboot of the computer, it unfroze, and I was in a different area. I had no knowledge of a zone, so I had no idea that the "freeze" I experienced was the game loading up the next zone over. At that point, I was thinking, "hey there's more to this game than I thought."

I ran around until I somehow managed to get outside in Butcherblock mountains. That's where I encountered my first mob. It took a bit, but I figured out how to attack the thing, and I spent the next twenty minutes killing anything that moved. In all that time, I did not loot one single mob that I killed because I had no concept of "looting a mob".

Then the weirdest thing happened. A dwarf NPC ran up to me and said hello. I was like wo.... this game has some sort of AI. I said hey to the dwarf, and it said some more stuff. I was literally thinking, "holy shit this game has really good AI." The dwarf told me about right clicking the mobs I kill to loot what they drop. That was mind blowing.

Then... it hit me... like a ton of bricks.... THATS NOT ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!!!! I was actually talking to someone else somewhere else in the world playing the same game I was playing. Holly... Actual... Fucking... Shit. Mind blown.!

It's been 20 years now,. Just think. I was one login away from uninstalling EverQuest and never experiencing any of the past two decades.

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It's been 20 years now,. Just think. I was one login away from uninstalling EverQuest and never experiencing any of the past two decades.
You were probably one login away from being a wealthy neurosurgeon with a gaggle of babes and 30 inch biceps. Way to go

• 8Worf
  • 7Like
Reactions: 14 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

My first character was also a Dark Elf. I somehow made my way over to Befallen at like level 6 and started killing things at the entrance, then promptly fell down the well and lost everything I'd gotten up to that point. It felt like the end of the world and I almost quit.

My very, very first character ever made in EQ was a dwarven paladin. I had NO IDEA what a MMORPG was at all. All I knew was that I really liked playing SSI's Pools of Radiance back in the day on my Commodore 64, and I saw a magazine article talking about this EverQuest game that you create a character and you develop it over time. I thought it sounded cool like the old SSI games where you would take your characters from game to game as they came out.

So, I bought the game, installed it, created an account, logged in, and said "wow this game is ugly." I hopped around on tables, ran around a few rooms, and logged out.

A couple weeks later, I thought I would load up the game to give it one last shot before my free month ran out. As I was running around on my dwarf, the game froze. Just before I was about to do a hard reboot of the computer, it unfroze, and I was in a different area. I had no knowledge of a zone, so I had no idea that the "freeze" I experienced was the game loading up the next zone over. At that point, I was thinking, "hey there's more to this game than I thought."

I ran around until I somehow managed to get outside in Butcherblock mountains. That's where I encountered my first mob. It took a bit, but I figured out how to attack the thing, and I spent the next twenty minutes killing anything that moved. In all that time, I did not loot one single mob that I killed because I had no concept of "looting a mob".

Then the weirdest thing happened. A dwarf NPC ran up to me and said hello. I was like wo.... this game has some sort of AI. I said hey to the dwarf, and it said some more stuff. I was literally thinking, "holy shit this game has really good AI." The dwarf told me about right clicking the mobs I kill to loot what they drop. That was mind blowing.

Then... it hit me... like a ton of bricks.... THATS NOT ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!!!! I was actually talking to someone else somewhere else in the world playing the same game I was playing. Holly... Actual... Fucking... Shit. Mind blown.!

Yeah, I was super close to never playing this at all, too. I imagine the last two decades would probably look very different if I hadn't. I'd probably actually have a wife.

My game is having a issue where everytime I load into the server it just crashes on log in. My only fix is going into EQini file to change it Windowed=TRUE to play. Anyone know how to fix this since it keeps reverting back.

I'm having the same issue lately, but only when I log onto Phinigel, and only sometimes. I'll have to switch computers to play, then a few hours later I might try the first computer again and find that it isn't having the issue anymore. I have no idea what's going on but it's pretty obnoxious.

I learned Akanon really well camping the level 24-29 mechanics on my Druid. Those camps were sweet. Akanon is fucking awesome.

I've got lots of fond memories of camping things on my necro 20 years ago. Not sure why, but it was really relaxing back then to kill a mob or two on Sister Island or wherever, then sit and wait for five minutes, then do it again. For hours. I can't imagine doing that now, but when I was 16 it was great.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Probably took you a long time to find Lay on hands. I remember my friend was a few years older and had his own account on his pc before I had a pc or my own account. He was a Dwarf Paladin. I slept over at his house one weekend after we left the card shop from playing Magic the Gathering. I watched him play all night until he finally went to bed that night and I got to play. I made a Paladin too, except High Elf, as my first ever character. I played around and found Lay on Hands. I told him about it in the morning and he refused to believe me until I showed him where to find it and how to use it. He was so blown away, and so mad that I was showing him up lol.

Glad I made a Druid as my first real character when my family got a PC a few weeks later. I'm still blown away by all you crazy people that actually played melee and hybrid back in original eq in original timeline.

• 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I started as an ogre warrior in beta 2, and played live through velious and shortly after the luclin launch, but not since. i think I started on Tunare, then Povar, then finally landed on Drinal, if I remember correctly.

I have never actually played anything other race/class combo. I've botted friends' accounts at level 60, representing most classes, but never had an alt above like level 10.

I've watched the TLP and custom server updates for years, but never jumped back in.

I'm tempted by Mischief more than ever, but also kind of dissuaded by how abnormal it is, and now by this recent news.
maybe I should just suck it up and do what Sorrows said yesterday, spend like $70 on the bag pack and 2 krono and dive in.

hmm... ogre warrior?

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
IIRC you're pretty technically sufficient so I'm not trying to come accross as the "Durr did you try turning it off" type of person, but one of the first things I'd check are whether or not the game folders are whitelisted with your antivirus and network security. Next I'd check the DX9 version that EQ uses. Then I'd check the eqclient.ini settings, like CPUAffinity (set to -1 for each), etc.

Here's a link that may be helpful from within the past year:

• 1Like

Dubee the Sugawolf Pimp

Trakanon Raider
nah try bein an Erudite lost in Tox forest with out night vision, dodging Kobolds and trying to figure out where the boat is to civilization

good memory of this for several hours watching my Dad in 99/00

we were shootin off the level 1 mage spell "Flare" as a guiding light source

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
nah try bein an Erudite lost in Tox forest with out night vision, dodging Kobolds and trying to figure out where the boat is to civilization

good memory of this for several hours watching my Dad in 99/00

we were shootin off the level 1 mage spell "Flare" as a guiding light source

Then if you were an Erudite SK you had to make it through the Qeynos Sewers as you were KOS to a good chunk of Qeynos and then find someone to bind you in a safe spot.

Gooooooood luck.

• 1Mother of God

Dubee the Sugawolf Pimp

Trakanon Raider
Not removing the offender from the guild outright means it's probably someone in a prominent position.

Wait. "To remain transparent as possible" but doesn't name the person. Also why would you tell them their plat is no longer good, just remove them. Granted its probably not hard to start over and get in the guild on a unknown character if they really wanted. The only level requirement is to raid, and no requirement to bid except be on.

Removing/naming would likely be just an anon rejoin. Don't know how you deal with this. This is why I'm just a warm body/puller/offensive feign deather.

I'm just glad it's not getting the EQ2 treatment when they had an exploit/dupe like a month ago, didn't they get a big rollback?

• 1Faggotry

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how people complain about ak anon and praise neriak. ak anon is a tiny town with everything within a 1 minute run. neriak is 3 confusing zones.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody selling Mage and/or Paladin epics? And how much are you charging? DM me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't know how people complain about ak anon and praise neriak. ak anon is a tiny town with everything within a 1 minute run. neriak is 3 confusing zones.

sponge opinion.jpg

• 1Worf