EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
From what I understand from hearsay if the dupe is with transfers to thornblade then its easily detectable and not mass scaleable in a short time frame.

Also to add: if the dupe is with transfers to thornblade, the plat isnt coming back to Mischief, only the krono which again, puts a big ol boot in the theory that plat is being duped and causing krono prices to soar.
You heard wrong.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is. Believe on Phinny and Agnarr it came out during Luclin, maybe a month in or something? Because on Agnarr several of those revamped CT items were available on the Bazaar mid-Luclin. But before Agnarr even hit PoP the decision came down it wasn't appropriate for Luclin era, and got patched out and re-associated with PoP. (In EQ's original timeline it did get revamped during PoP, so while it's a lot more useful in Luclin, it isn't really from that era.)
Yeah, they seem to be taking all the fixes out that they did over the years to make the early game more fun. From runnyeye to focus effects. I guess they really want that 1k pop that P99 has.

• 1Slow
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
oh my god, are we still debating the validity of this?

at this point it sounds like it’s time to lay down some forum bets. Who is With me?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I still havent seen any proof and I said in our own guild chat I still dont believe it.

"Credible evidence" still doesn't pass with no evidence to show anyone, names or anything.

I combed through the bids for the past few weeks and nothing was even close to market value or out of the ordinary.

We had one guy spend 250k plat within a week which is 25 krono worth, while that might be a lot to some, the out of era FT3 ring didn't even go for more than that in guild.

Every item you can buy in FXIV is almost 1/2 to 3/4 the market value, people could turn a massive profit instantly.

DPG is investigating and hopefully can shed some light on the situation.

From what I understand from hearsay if the dupe is with transfers to thornblade then its easily detectable and not mass scaleable in a short time frame.

Also to add: if the dupe is with transfers to thornblade, the plat isnt coming back to Mischief, only the krono which again, puts a big ol boot in the theory that plat is being duped and causing krono prices to soar.

It's common knowledge in game that there's a plat dupe. You have to have a mental disability at this point to still doubt it

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Let’s be honest. There’s 0.0% chance Bobby didn’t at least try it when he found out about it.

he is the ultimate eq tester and can’t resist lol

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's common knowledge in game that there's a plat dupe. You have to have a mental disability at this point to still doubt it

It's common for people to believe whatever is said on the internet. Nothing I've seen is like common knowledge, it's just gullible people repeating bullshit they heard from this thread.
Plenty of people accidently duped shit on aradune launch, sure, totally believable and completely insignificant.

What I do not believe is theres some underground RMT ring duping platinum and laundering it through a GDKP guild, especially considering the only person who knew of this dupe was the splinter guild that got leapfrogged on venril sathir the night all these accusations came out that swears "on god" that they never used it and totally reported it to darkpaw...

1625794445002.png

Who clearly has no idea about it going on for weeks.

rad

Lord of Guk
It's common for people to believe whatever is said on the internet. Nothing I've seen is like common knowledge, it's just gullible people repeating bullshit they heard from this thread.
Plenty of people accidently duped shit on aradune launch, sure, totally believable and completely insignificant.

What I do not believe is theres some underground RMT ring duping platinum and laundering it through a GDKP guild, especially considering the only person who knew of this dupe was the splinter guild that got leapfrogged on venril sathir the night all these accusations came out that swears "on god" that they never used it and totally reported it to darkpaw...

View attachment 361622

images (2).jpeg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At this point I think zog did it. He is defending way too hard and way too upset about the possibility of it existing. That somehow if it was true his whole life is over.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

View attachment 361622

You don't know enough to know what you don't know.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this point I think zog did it. He is defending way too hard and way too upset about the possibility of it existing. That somehow if it was true his whole life is over.
My issue is that every detail about this dupe is being put on FXIV when everything I've seen, nobody in the guild had any idea.

Which, you have been part of this guild since fucking classic yet now you are above it all, same with zaide.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well that conspiracy shit is pretty stupid. All that crap about laundering instead of a few dudes just duping a bunch of plat, and then cashing out a couple thousand kroners before getting sent to the bahamas.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yea Im not really sure the gdkp raids matter at all in this situation. It doesnt hurt to have to have access to buying up the raid loot, but it also doesnt take much effort to sit in EC, buy up supply, and flip on ectunnel.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Let’s be honest. There’s 0.0% chance Bobby didn’t at least try it when he found out about it.

he is the ultimate eq tester and can’t resist lol

Rivervale has crooked deputies, confirmed

• 2Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, they seem to be taking all the fixes out that they did over the years to make the early game more fun. From runnyeye to focus effects. I guess they really want that 1k pop that P99 has.
Ironically, my best TLP memories are from the very first one, with Jaggedpine and Freeport Sewers and all sorts of madness.

Oracle's Robe Improved Damage 2 omg. White Dragonscale Cloak Improved Damage 3!!

Do Rogues even have the OP poison anymore? But you've still got melee augs that aren't classic, right?

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My issue is that every detail about this dupe is being put on FXIV when everything I've seen, nobody in the guild had any idea.

Which, you have been part of this guild since fucking classic yet now you are above it all, same with zaide.
I mean this is the first ive heard its in the guild. Before it was just people saying there was a dupe on the server. But obviously someone in the guild knew if they were caught. I'd love a name though, just to see if it was someone well known.

Could it be deeper then the 1 person sure, but who knows. I'd bet on it though, people love to brag about that kind of thing and thus how it spreads.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

People putting it on FXIV seems like a lot of reading into it on your part or just listening to people who would always automatically blame the big OW guild for anything. If someone is duping in or out of the guild, they're hardly going to advertise it to everyone either way.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

The fact that plat suddenly became worthless overnight and everyone saying there is duping isn't enough evidence because some people you've talked to didn't know about it?

Ok

• 1Like