EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you're banking on proximity aggro, you've already lost

Oh I'm not relying on anything of the sort. Just observing how people are gonna be plopped down on named spawn points in the middle of other people's camps and all kinds of other trash behavior, even without people with programs factoring in.

I can see the mage summoned staff being helpful for some groups if they are not FTE racing a farmer. The farmers will be using software to win 99.99% of the time, but against normal groups that are fighting for a rare name spawn, giving every member in your group one of those mage staffs will be a decent tactic.

Yeah, Mages are back in for this reason alone.

Think I might roll up on here for a week or so just to see the shitshow. Don't even expect to make a bunch of kronos like usual. Just get a hit of nostalgia and behold the horror. Probably Paladin if I have a static, but considering the circumstances I might have to Mage.

Orrrr I might go watch Vtubers narrating paint drying instead

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
LOL I just thought of a FTE nightmare some idiot will most definitely try at some point. Get 5 levels as a human bard in Freeport area, then go to the newbie yard and kite everything for hours on end, so not one single spawn can be killed by any new players just starting out.

Better yet, kite the entire Nektulos noob area.

Freeport starters can just go to the other gate. Neriak starters have nowhere else to go besides emigrating to Freeport and hiding from guards.

Can also roleplay "go good guys!" while doing this.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The only solution is to make this as big of a CSR nightmare as possible so they reverse course.

Unironically, that's why I am posting the negative feedback I am now about it.

It's not going to solve that issue of heightened CSR issues, nor be enjoyable.

The bonuses themselves could have carried the server if there were more bonuses per era. One per expansion isn't going to feel great when there's only 7 expansions max that see mass appeal. And the XP bonus at cap thing feels like something that should just be in a monthly update applied to all servers, not a TLP-specific bonus.

• 1Faggotry

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, Mages are back in for this reason alone.

Summoned: Staff of Runes is the only genuinely reliable click I've come across so far that isn't a Staff of Temperate Flux. Everything else has such finite usage. If the server actually has big numbers or lots of assholes or both it will serve you better carrying around a level twenty wizard box than doing almost anything else.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm half tempted to just play on it and charm kite the AC island giants, slowly killing everything while everyone is just forced to watch.

I’ll be honest if you do that and stream it on your twitch…..

I’ll donate $100 bucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Summoned: Staff of Runes is the only genuinely reliable click I've come across so far that isn't a Staff of Temperate Flux. Everything else has such finite usage. If the server actually has big numbers or lots of assholes or both it will serve you better carrying around a level twenty wizard box than doing almost anything else.

Can't remember which, but I had a Wizard box on one of the TLPs, for ports and to assist my SK on DPS and make fights end quicker. Wasn't a bad combination. Tooled around with it for about a month.

I’ll be honest if you do that and stream it on your twitch…..

I’ll donate $100 bucks.

If there's dinero involved maybe I'll start a Twitch just to stream me terrorizing Nektulos with a bard...

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
It's funny watching all the 6 or more boxers complaining about how the ruleset is stupid and makes no sense, completely oblivious to the concept that perhaps this ruleset is a deliberate attempt to hamper their playstyle and level the playing field somewhat in favor of casuals and non boxers.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's funny watching all the 6 or more boxers complaining about how the ruleset is stupid and makes no sense, completely oblivious to the concept that perhaps this ruleset is a deliberate attempt to hamper their playstyle and level the playing field somewhat in favor of casuals and non boxers.

Even if that's their intention, it's just going to give the 6+ boxers even more power to fuck over the casual player.

So they're right, it makes no sense

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hmm, a full group of the usual casualcore contigent that takes two months to hit 50 and another two to hit 60 versus a sweaty six box group.... gee, I wonder who's going to be quicker on the draw usually.

Mind you, they'd lose a DPS race too, but either way I'm guessing they're not going to be happy with the outcome. They'll either move on and adapt or go the forums and ragequit.

I think the real good drama will be when whatever the top guilds are start sniping each other as they should both be fully weaponized for the occasion, unless the top guild just becomes another 400 person bloat.

• 1Like

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
On the contrary, I think their decisions have nothing to do with raiders, griefers, etc - just behaviors.

I'm using my own selection bias as a way to understand the issue, but the crux of the issue is that this server seems to be a corporate response to higher CSR ticket volume and actually has nothing to do with developers understanding their game. I don't think anyone working there understands, fundamentally, what EQ is, and frankly I'm not sure they care as long as they're getting a paycheck.

Their idea is, "If we don't have to police the content as there's a way to lock mobs via first to engage and take the system from EQ2, which has lower CSR costs, we will lower CSR ticket volume and thus they can be freed up, as EQ2 does."

I don't think it has anything to do with game design, personally. I think that's last on their mind. I think this server is for Daybreak to have less pressure, not for the players to enjoy.

The problem is, they're going to have new problems created by this system designed to solve an existing one. And their response will likely be to toss their hands up in the air and say, "figure it out".

I imagine the '15 second FD reset' thing is first to go - likely a month after launch, due to increased ticket volume with the problem that has already been pointed out here with monks - and they'll likely move the FTE system to work like how EQ2 mob resets work... they path back to their spawn as soon as all aggro is gone, and then in the next 5 seconds after resetting, they become attackable again and whomever gets the first hit gets FTE.

In EQ2, you can still lock down mobs permanently, and grief people trying camp mobs by making them unable to engage. I imagine this won't be against the TOS unless you have no intent to kill the mob, and it's pretty obvious at that point if you're mezzing a mob off-cooldown as to what you're doing, so it's easy to record griefers after they nerf the monk FD 15 second thing.

The one part of the Play Nice Policy that survived is zone monopolization - and you can bet your ass they'll be handing out temporary / permanent bans to people doing it for... possibly a month actively, and then they'll go back to burying their head in the sand unless someone records via video every instance and uses their ticketing system to report it like they do with MQ2 and warping.

It's dumb because if their goal is to just poop out a TLP that requires the least amount of effort and policing, the right choice is literally just Phinny clone (or Yelinak, Mangler, etc). They'll get the same whining about the same stuff in Kunark about VP, Sleeper in Velious, and VT in Luclin, and that's it.

With this they have to expend all this energy on the FTE stuff which will undoubtedly require a lot of attention and tweaking, the bonuses which will be broken for sure and require fixing, etc. If their goal is to do the least effort solution, I don't see why they keep making these dumb funky ruleset servers. They MUST have other objectives.

I don't think FTE will solve csr issues, it'll just replace one set of complaints with another. Maybe they don't realize that I guess...?

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
This is really just a lab rat server for changes they want to push to live, I think making an enjoyable ruleset is a secondary consideration.

Should just release a Phinny clone alongside it.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Any changes to the ruleset they originally announced? Haven't been keeping up.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Any changes to the ruleset they originally announced? Haven't been keeping up.

Not yet.

1681526750751.png

1681526823970.png

Looking at the perk list there's room for some bigger numbers and I expect we'll get a little bit of polish but there's just no way they bail on it all and launch another Mischief.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I'm sure it'll be successful in reducing the number of CSR tickets, if only that CSR tickets are related to the total population.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

RonTheDude

Silver Squire
What guilds are shaping up on the top end of things? I don't make a lot of friends on these TLPs and I skipped the last one so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
What guilds are shaping up on the top end of things? I don't make a lot of friends on these TLPs and I skipped the last one so I'm a bit out of the loop.

I'm not making any kind of promises or claims, but so far the only guild I'm seeing with a large roster of degenerates from previous "top" guilds is.

• 1Like