EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Needless

Toe Sucker
I forgot theres the 125% loot modifier now, was wondering why the fuck i was getting double key part drops in traks teeth lol

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There were a few spots in I think it was house of thule where my selo groups enchanter was able to go wild charming. Definitely made things more fun. The other thing people who cry about charming forget besides the limited options is that it is also the poorest scaling way to farm by a lot, as its tied to local mobs, so shit like mass charming in chardok while leveling to 60 is weak compared to a 60 ranger with a seru or vt bow, and garbage compared to most 65s. The heavyhanded nerfing of it in latter eq is pretty lame.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think charm is balanced pretty well in group play from Omens - SoF (the furthest I've gotten). Gates is the worst since pretty much everything is immune to charm past tipt/vxed.

They took a much better direction in Omens which is basically: go ahead and charm anything anywhere except the highest lvl zone(s). Charm dps isn't going top the parse anymore but it's very respectable, and here's some cool new tools to manage breaks.

Just yesterday I spent some time in MMM testing the mage change with my SK/ENC/CLR/MAG. A lvl 79 charmed mob accounted for almost as much dps as my 80 SK w/ 2100 AAs. Factor that in with the new mana resurgence aura, and my enchanter is adding serious deeps on top of everything else in the toolkit. My enchanter is really shining in SoF.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Charm is omega busted for a long time, then GoD+ gets nerfed for 4 or 5 expansions because of the charm downgrading, then goes back to the "are you SURE you want to haste this motherfucker?" level of charming again. Enchanters lose some DPS power in GoD+, but they gain so much utility they can still be doing shit nonstop without a charm pet. And in the end, they'll still have a charm pet doing somewhere between 80% a good DPS's dps or 200% a good DPS's dps.

Our small group had an enchanter for launches and we could just bypass so much flagging and bullshit by just mez blurring all sorts of ticky tacky bullshit that feels the worst on a new expac launch when the mobs are 3+ levels above you and you have 0 new gear.

Of all the classes in the game, I'd say Enchanters lose the least over the course of the ~20 expacs I played. Classes like Monks and Mages wax and wane, but Enchanters are always the best 6th man class and potentially the highest DPS class a lot of expansions in group play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Charming is even more fun and actually safer later xpacs as long as you keep your runes and wards up, the rune that procs aoe stun when it wears off and the wards that mez stuff that hits you were cool as fuck, probably I had in TSS was lack of targets to charm in top zones and if you did it's aggro was insane and they have like no AC so even Clerics struggle to keep them alive.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Trak dead at like noon CST or something

Level 60 done, VP key farmed, time to afk until Velious

The medallion drops changing to be from any random trash in the are really unfucks that whole process. Swamp is a bit dicey but with a 20 minute timer it won't be a big deal past the first weekend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Of all the classes in the game, I'd say Enchanters lose the least over the course of the ~20 expacs I played. Classes like Monks and Mages wax and wane, but Enchanters are always the best 6th man class and potentially the highest DPS class a lot of expansions in group play.

Enchanters are just straight up worse bards on raids for like 12 of the first 15 expansions.

They're really OP in Classic/Kunark. But they're pretty meh in most group content post Luclin.

• 1Seriously?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trak dead at like noon CST or something

Level 60 done, VP key farmed, time to afk until Velious

The medallion drops changing to be from any random trash in the are really unfucks that whole process. Swamp is a bit dicey but with a 20 minute timer it won't be a big deal past the first weekend.
Which guild killed it/VP? How many are there actually trying?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Relentless Insomnia did trak friday and did most of VP yesterday, but I wasn't online for that so I don't know if it was a full clear or just a PD rush or whatever.

Not really sure which of the DZ guilds are up to trak yet. Our first two kills were 6 teeth and 12 teeth, so it's gonna be a while for the DZ crews to be in VP at those drop rates.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Relentless Insomnia did trak friday and did most of VP yesterday, but I wasn't online for that so I don't know if it was a full clear or just a PD rush or whatever.

Not really sure which of the DZ guilds are up to trak yet. Our first two kills were 6 teeth and 12 teeth, so it's gonna be a while for the DZ crews to be in VP at those drop rates.
Doesn't Juggs drop teeth now ? I seem to recall something like that in patch notes recently.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Enchanters are just straight up worse bards on raids for like 12 of the first 15 expansions.

They're really OP in Classic/Kunark. But they're pretty meh in most group content post Luclin.

IMO Enchanters are OP up until around OOW. Granted, I would take a Ranger over an Enc for pure damage output in Luclin or PoP. However, Cragbeast pets in GoD are hard to beat on DPS. Yeah, their zones of effectiveness are limited in GoD, but they're still OP in those zones.

OOW+ I think the class drops off a lot, at least in terms of charm effectiveness, because as was already pointed out charm is limited by the relative strength of the mobs. Mob strength vs players is high in early expansions and high in GoD, but it's downhill from there. A raid-geared monk or SK can plow through DoN or DoDH mobs way faster than a charm pet can.

Regardless, Enc is probably my favorite class for the first few expansions and SK is my favorite from OOW forward. Honorable mentions to Monk and Zerker.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
IMO Enchanters are OP up until around OOW. Granted, I would take a Ranger over an Enc for pure damage output in Luclin or PoP. However, Cragbeast pets in GoD are hard to beat on DPS. Yeah, their zones of effectiveness are limited in GoD, but they're still OP in those zones.

OOW+ I think the class drops off a lot, at least in terms of charm effectiveness, because as was already pointed out charm is limited by the relative strength of the mobs. Mob strength vs players is high in early expansions and high in GoD, but it's downhill from there. A raid-geared monk or SK can plow through DoN or DoDH mobs way faster than a charm pet can.

Regardless, Enc is probably my favorite class for the first few expansions and SK is my favorite from OOW forward. Honorable mentions to Monk and Zerker.

Being op in zones that nobody spends a lot of time in is not op. Grinding in vxed is great and all for just xp but people want to farm spots with the real aug drops, in kodtaz or higher. Or they want to farm bic shit, and the bottlenecks will be stuff like the ikkinz trials, where they nerfed charm out in 2003 or whatever. I still loved having an enchanter for current content all the way past these expacs, but it doesn't change that they are seriously gutted after elementals in pop.

Meanwhile, as I had said before, charm is the worst scaling ability by a landslide. Charming cragbeasts is fantastic during gates. Go back during the tss or tbs era to farm bic? Your annoying to use charm pet is inferior to basically anything 75. Doing your 2.0 or some don progression at 70? Charm is amazing. Doing it during sod now that mercs made it easy to level a new alt? Charming something is a joke.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a point where Enchanter pets return to their former glory, but I don't remember the specific expac. It's after UF, but enchanters start getting mobs that hit way harder than players again. There is a big 4-8 expac length where their pets are dumbed down for sure. Afterwards you have shit that will pull 35-40% of your groups dps.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's a point where Enchanter pets return to their former glory, but I don't remember the specific expac. It's after UF, but enchanters start getting mobs that hit way harder than players again. There is a big 4-8 expac length where their pets are dumbed down for sure. Afterwards you have shit that will pull 35-40% of your groups dps.

Didn't know that. Probably because no guild I'm in ever seemed to have any enchanters past like, SoD...

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Roosters smoked Trakanon tonight, two splits. Both were clean and fast.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They killed PD too from the loots of it with whatever ~20ish teeth they got.

No idea where FTE is at this point

Mini

Lord Nagafen Raider
They killed PD too from the loots of it with whatever ~20ish teeth they got.

No idea where FTE is at this point
Yea we got 21 teeth total from our 2 splits and got PD down.

It was our 2nd raid night of the expansion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason you play this game anymore is because your online friends play it? It feels like that's where I have been for the past half decade or more on this game.

The game is honestly stupid easy with the only difficulty being getting grown adults to work together for a couple hours a few nights a week with out pissing each other off. There's literally more difficulty in getting grown ass adults to not act like children in a guild than there is in downing any content in the game.

I don't know. Just bored at work this morning, and rambling.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Do you ever get the feeling that the only reason you play this game anymore is because your online friends play it? It feels like that's where I have been for the past half decade or more on this game.

The game is honestly stupid easy with the only difficulty being getting grown adults to work together for a couple hours a few nights a week with out pissing each other off. There's literally more difficulty in getting grown ass adults to not act like children in a guild than there is in downing any content in the game.

I don't know. Just bored at work this morning, and rambling.
I don’t know why anyone would play this for any other reason. Not like the gameplay is exciting or anything. It’s basically the equivalent of hanging out at the bar with your boys. Just sit around shooting the shit and bringing up shit you did 3 servers ago that was wild.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users