EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sorry bubba, to quote the great Pooh Shiesty;

Load up the chop, get in position, it's time to go handle business
And we live off 'em, B-B-A , this bankroll, bitches, ammunition.

ichstun.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
While I now only dabble, the joy of deep autism in eq is undeniable. No need to get mad at them, let them have their fun. Who really cares.

on Kunark launch on oakwynd we did incredibly retarded server first enchanter and sk epics this time. It’s the game within the game finding these retarded goals and making them happen.

it’s when everybody on both side of the table try to turn it into macro server politics that it goes wrong, which happens precisely every server with ST.

Stop caring about ST. The correct response is looking and moderately chuckling then moving on.

server first open world vulak and also total mob headcount on opening night is the alpha play, change my mind. There are few better zones in the game to host multiple raids to contest each other in an interesting ahd Engaging way. What’s happened to eq?!?

I agree that Vulak and mob headcount are alpha plays. Velious is kinda unique though (cept maybe TSS) in that there are a few different potential ways to "win the expansion" depending on who you ask.

The rush to ST seems like more of an RMT thing (unless you actually want to see the Sleeper) and some guilds have that hard-coded in their DNA. They're gonna get the RMT goods ASAP. Guilds that aren't into that stuff tend more towards treating NTOV and all OW targets as the night 1 goal.

Next time guilds want to leave one warder up to keep the Sleeper in place, they should probably leave Ventani up instead of Nanzata.

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree that Vulak and mob headcount are alpha plays. Velious is kinda unique though (cept maybe TSS) in that there are a few different potential ways to "win the expansion" depending on who you ask.

The rush to ST seems like more of an RMT thing (unless you actually want to see the Sleeper) and some guilds have that hard-coded in their DNA. They're gonna get the RMT goods ASAP. Guilds that aren't into that stuff tend more towards treating NTOV and all OW targets as the night 1 goal.

Next time guilds want to leave one warder up to keep the Sleeper in place, they should probably leave Ventani up instead of Nanzata.
Cousin, we’ll just kill Nanzata.

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
luclin debate of winning the expansion rages on. Ahr or emp?

I think velious is the most interesting launch due to how wide open it is and oakwynd shit the bed on it

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think velious is the most interesting launch due to how wide open it is and oakwynd shit the bed on it
The real achievement in Luclin is finishing a Twilight Sea Armor Set

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I think AHR is pretty universally regarded as the win, right?

Emp may be significantly harder logistically and so forth at the time that you first do it, but it isn't the final boss.

Velious and TSS are the main ones that are open in this regard I think. 2 final bosses in TSS and 3 "final bosses" in Velious (Warders, Avatar of War, Vulak) depending on who's counting.

TSS is particularly interesting. Is the guild that slays a final boss (Lethar or Beltron) first the winner, or is it the guild that clears both Frostcrypt and Ashengate first? I've seen situations where one guild beat Lethar 2 before anyone else and declared victory, only to have another guild defeat Beltron and then Lethar 2 (before the first guild got to Beltron), and declare victory. And also situations where one guild got first Lethar 2 and another guild got first Beltron, then the next day they switched and each got the 2nd of the other so it's statistically like a tie.

Either way, yeah, Oakwynd kinda shit the bed on the Velious launch, sadly

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
All I hear is a bunch of meat in your mouth, my g! I don't sympathize with degenerates, nor their wives.. This is the internet.

Only thing sadder than you faggots celebrating this sad shit like it's the Super Bowl is your 5th grade level insults.

Seriously? "All I hear is meat in your mouth" on a fucking message board? Jesus, that's cringe

• 4Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 4 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think AHR is pretty universally regarded as the win, right?

Emp may be significantly harder logistically and so forth at the time that you first do it, but it isn't the final boss.

Velious and TSS are the main ones that are open in this regard I think. 2 final bosses in TSS and 3 "final bosses" in Velious (Warders, Avatar of War, Vulak) depending on who's counting.

TSS is particularly interesting. Is the guild that slays a final boss (Lethar or Beltron) first the winner, or is it the guild that clears both Frostcrypt and Ashengate first? I've seen situations where one guild beat Lethar 2 before anyone else and declared victory, only to have another guild defeat Beltron and then Lethar 2 (before the first guild got to Beltron), and declare victory. And also situations where one guild got first Lethar 2 and another guild got first Beltron, then the next day they switched and each got the 2nd of the other so it's statistically like a tie.

Either way, yeah, Oakwynd kinda shit the bed on the Velious launch, sadly
Pro move is to do what we did on Mischief. Two raids, one rushes each side to get them both simultaneously (our raids were fighting the server first Beltron and Lethar 2 simultaneously) and then have one or both raids swap and finish prog on the other side too.

• 1Like
Only thing sadder than you faggots celebrating this sad shit like it's the Super Bowl is your 5th grade level insults.

Seriously? "All I hear is meat in your mouth" on a fucking message board? Jesus, that's cringe
Real life Chetari Ratman hopping on here responding with full emotion on a message board. You bet we're going to celebrate this shit, some of us been wanting to wake this mfer since we were 5 years old.

You're the same type of boomer EQ player that joins a zerg guild to do a "server first" every TLP. So yes sir, get that meat out of your mouth and go touch some grass.. it's obvious you need it with the amount of time you've spent online here.

Last edited:
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Real life Chetari Ratman hopping on here responding with full emotion on a message board. You bet we're going to celebrate this shit, some of us been wanting to wake this mfer since we were 5 years old.
That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard

• 3Like
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 3 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard
Teacher to 5 year old Johnny "What do you want to do when you grow up?
BigHomie "I want to wake a dragon in a game that will be over 20 years old and then post on forums that I did it!"
Teacher "Follow your dreams son, follow your dreams!"

• 1Worf

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point is it?
Apparently it’s a problem for both of us because you missed the fact that all four warders were killed in dz then the last was killed in open world by the same crew.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Like

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Teacher to 5 year old Johnny "What do you want to do when you grow up?
BigHomie "I want to wake a dragon in a game that will be over 20 years old and then post on forums that I did it!"
Teacher "Follow your dreams son, follow your dreams!"
Why are you guys so upset? LOL

• 1Dislike
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I don't think anyone is upset, they're just making fun of you and your friends. Welcome to the forum
This is pretty much par for these forums. New people here just are used to it. In fact, I'd say the response to the new guys here is tame compared to some in the past. These forums aren't for the weak of heart.

• 1Solidarity