EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, Nisea added lower raid tier GoD loot to Crushbone. Outside of castle named have augments, inside castle has armor / jewelry, Dvinn has Cragbeast Queen quest reward drops. Castle armor is pretty much equal to or worse than Time gear. Dvinn items are equal or better than Quarm. The named scale in level and difficulty and have a shared ability. Every X minute it can randomly summon 0, 1, or 2 adds. All have a fuckton of HP, so you need to have a solid 6 chars with good dps as to not get overrun. Even then, the RNG gods can stick you with two double summons back to back.

My honest opinion, augs are the biggest upgrade.. but if you can defeat all content without them, then why bother? Castle named are a wash or worse gear than Time = useless. D'vinn's CBQ loot is nice, but again.. kinda pointless if you can kill everything else in game. If you already have double Quarm earring + rings, you just need a Lodestar from him for ranged (maybe another for 2h dps) and you're BiS again.

I am convinced the lead Dev is totally MIA. It was Nisea and Snacks working on this stuff and I know Nisea has been doing RL shit for weeks now.

Europa max geared and quit. I would guess those Shenanigans guys aren't far off the same either now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My 3 box team is SK / Shm / Rogue. Once you max out that assassinate skill, you can insta-kill anything up to dark blues. Pretty damn nice clearing trash in places. That said, if you want to be clearing PoTime with low numbers (6 toons), you best damn well have a Bard for the resists. Between Saryrn and Bertoxx's mana drains, you will be fucked without it. For all the rest of the content in game, I'd want my Rogue dps box. FYI: Monk will parse just as well with top gear. You lose assassinate though.

For 3rd party programs, MQ2 is allowed. BCS messages and all are fine. The only rule was no scripting / auto kills. The only script I ended up using was one to force my rogue to backstab. For some reason mq2melee didn't have my rogue using that skill on certain mob types. I used a script to force it.

What trio would give me the most throughput for content? Obviously I'm under no false assumption that I'll be able to trio PoP and even Luclin stuff, but are monk tanks viable? I was thinking of Monk/Shm/Bard, but if a tank is absolutely necessary, I was thinking of swapping my SK with a War and doing War/Monk/Shm. Hell, maybe even a caster trio would work best. Thoughts?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
You want to have a bard in your three box? You must be a glutton for punishment. (I say this with absolutely no knowledge of if you can use MQ2 on this server which negates my entire comment)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
You can MQ2, so it's doable. Miss playing on here, but Overwatch has consumed my soul. I know I'll probably start another trio at some point.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What trio would give me the most throughput for content? Obviously I'm under no false assumption that I'll be able to trio PoP and even Luclin stuff, but are monk tanks viable? I was thinking of Monk/Shm/Bard, but if a tank is absolutely necessary, I was thinking of swapping my SK with a War and doing War/Monk/Shm. Hell, maybe even a caster trio would work best. Thoughts?

You need a real tank that can use the OP Evasive (super long duration here). Otherwise, your shaman will never keep up with heals. Before 3 boxing was allowed, I was doing a ton of content as an SK / Shm only into PoP. Puma buff on my SK was my primary DPS, so overall my dps sucked. But, you can farm yourself a Manastone for your Shm (works in any zone) and between that and your Canni spell / AA, you are good for infinite mana.

Running a bard and shaman has way too much ability overlap. Both can haste and slow. I'd take the Shm any day of the week for Puma line.

SK and War are a wash really, as they both have OP Evasive. War has far better DPS with dual weild + crits and you can wreck stuff with that 100% crit discipline, especially when in zerker frenzy mode for crippling blows. SK has quite a bit more utility with FD, snare, lifetap procs, and easy agro lock (chain cast Asystole).

DPS you can't go wrong with Rogue or Monk. They are pretty close to identical in BiS parsing we have done.

Caster trio just aint gonna happen for a number of reasons. For starters, you will run out of mana without getting out of combat for the fast regen. Then who is tanking? You will be wrecked pretty quick. (I ran a 3 wizard box crew for a laugh. They annihilated raid content via 1 shot casting for a while, but come Velious, you run out of mana due to increases in mob HP and it only gets worse from there.)

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
Could one of you fine fellows tell me why I am unable to be ported into plane of hate? Have done the quest, can port to both fear and sky.
Running rof2 client with both the updated zone and spell files.

Also aggro on this server is easy as fuck. Maybe because in the later versions of eq the taunt button actually works.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You need a real tank that can use the OP Evasive (super long duration here). Otherwise, your shaman will never keep up with heals. Before 3 boxing was allowed, I was doing a ton of content as an SK / Shm only into PoP. Puma buff on my SK was my primary DPS, so overall my dps sucked. But, you can farm yourself a Manastone for your Shm (works in any zone) and between that and your Canni spell / AA, you are good for infinite mana.

Running a bard and shaman has way too much ability overlap. Both can haste and slow. I'd take the Shm any day of the week for Puma line.

SK and War are a wash really, as they both have OP Evasive. War has far better DPS with dual weild + crits and you can wreck stuff with that 100% crit discipline, especially when in zerker frenzy mode for crippling blows. SK has quite a bit more utility with FD, snare, lifetap procs, and easy agro lock (chain cast Asystole).

DPS you can't go wrong with Rogue or Monk. They are pretty close to identical in BiS parsing we have done.

Caster trio just aint gonna happen for a number of reasons. For starters, you will run out of mana without getting out of combat for the fast regen. Then who is tanking? You will be wrecked pretty quick. (I ran a 3 wizard box crew for a laugh. They annihilated raid content via 1 shot casting for a while, but come Velious, you run out of mana due to increases in mob HP and it only gets worse from there.)

I think I'm probably going to swap out my SK for a War. DPS is higher on the War and the MQ commands seem a lot simpler. Plus, FD seems somewhat redundant by slotting a Monk in for the DPS role.

On the caster trio I was thinking more along the lines of Mag/Nec/Ench or Mag/Nec/Bard. I take it pets don't really hold up well like they did/do on TLP?

PS. Anybody know any solid sites for MQ2 macro commands, especially for various classes? The only stuff I've found is very basic (auto-attack, stick, etc.) and I find myself having to swap screens a lot.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You want to use BCS (Broadcast Server) commands. When you open the MQ2 folder, there are two different .exe in there. One for MQ2 and the other is MQBCS server, which simply opens a window you minimize. This way you can use /bca (broadcast all) /bct (broadcast tell). Example, on your main toon, make a hotkey that reads:

/bct soandso //assist kirun
/pause 3
/bct soandso //cast "slow"

or

/bct soandso //target kirun
/bct soandso //cast "torpor"

The possibilities are endless with macros, but that is the basic idea.

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
You have the wrong zone files.

I have the zones downloaded from the website
I also have both files for hateplane and hateplaneb. Not sure if that is correct.
How do I unfuck this?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How much will I regret going dwarf warrior on this server over Iksar or Ogre?

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Really don't think Iksar matters all that much on this server as ooc regen is ridiculously fast. I leveled a half elf and never had much issue tanking anything that was within reason.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Really don't think Iksar matters all that much on this server as ooc regen is ridiculously fast. I leveled a half elf and never had much issue tanking anything that was within reason.

Also, melee stuns are removed so Ogre is pointless once you cap your stats. Capping stats happens super early as all gear is boosted.

Iksar is the only real beneficial tank class with their higher raw AC.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oh, frontal stuns don't even exist? Well fuck me.

Are monk weight limits removed also?

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
You got the zone files from nlemu.ga ? And then overwrote them in your install directory?
Got it fixed. Had an rof2 folder in the eq directory instead of just eq.

Also warrior race doesn't matter. Never has.
The only reason to roll an ugly ass ogre is if you really wanted to look like an ugly ass ogre.

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
Also did hate minis + inny last night. Only lacking phinny and sky I think to progress.
Hope to touch vp by the weekend.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Also did hate minis + inny last night. Only lacking phinny and sky I think to progress.
Hope to touch vp by the weekend.

What's your name ingame? If you're on later tonight I can kill both those guys on my mage for ya or anything else.

Or anyone can, both can be soloed from zone in or island 4 or 5.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just gave away a Darkblade of the Warlord and Shield of Strife to a new player lvl30'ish war.

I'm getting too nice in my old EQ age.