EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirJames

Golden Squire
OK, server just came down. Backup being made and Control Control will take over from there. Nothing lost, just probably a few hours of downtime here until Control can get thing back up.

I'm available on Discord still (Sailfish) if server issues arise.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok, server is back up. Just let me know here or on discord if anything is strange. Things might be rocky for a bit, so sorry in advance for any issues!

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haven't played on NL in a while, but thanks for taking the server over, Control. Sail stepped in at a tough time and offered stability that eventually brought the server a pretty healthy population. Really enjoyed my time there, it's good to see that it's being taken care of.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does anyone recall what the FPS settings in options needs to be to make the game run smooth when in the background? I feel like I remember it being a specific number. Underfoot client if it matters.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Ah. Yeah, using MQ2. I only run 1 box though, I just want it to be normal FPS when I'm tabbed to my other monitor. Will look at the link.

*edit: turning off the plugin did the trick.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am guessing you are running MQ2? It is a function of MQ that will make background EQ sessions drop frame rate.

MQ2FPS - MMOBugs Wiki

There is a command you can run to stop that from happening as well.
Forget the exact one more something about drawing frames ahead, setting it to zero or 1 will fix it.

Found it
/render fg|bg #|~#

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Evil eye in Lguk drops the manastone, right? I've gotten 8 bags so far and just want to make sure.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, it appears that Plane of Earth A is bugged. 2nd time I've done all 4 ring events without the Arbiter spawning. I've also had the ring events spawn multiple boss mobs, not trigger at all, etc. I've literally been in PoEA for the better part of 2 weeks, off and on, trying to get this shit to work. At this point I'm so salty about the time wasted that I wouldn't even care if it gets "fixed".

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EarthA gave a ton of problems when Maze (original dev) tried fixing it. After getting frustrated with multiple broken / double spawning scripts, he resolved it by simply making Arbiter a static spawn. But after the server nuked, it rolled back all of Maze's changes. During sirjames ownership of the server, I think Nisea would simply spawn Arbiter when it was needed for people.

Control Control probably needs to make a long term fix to this zone. Either make Arbiter static again (easy) or see if he can fix the rings (difficult).

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
IIRC, there are only a few pieces that are upgrades from Time. It's too bad the content hits a wall, because the server is really fun, up until that point.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Went in and killed the Trainer and he dropped 2 augs that were pretty meh. Running the zone with only 3 seemed like it was quite a pita and seems to be geared towards a full group.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Named outside of castle drop augs. Named inside castle (except D'vinn) drop loot that is low tier GoD stuff which is equal or worse than Time loot. D'vinn has CBQ quest loot which are mostly all upgrades. Lodestar is the best range slot and 2h weapon in game from him.

Overall, the named and trash have a ton of HP and have an ability every X seconds to summon 0, 1, or 2 adds. It's quite easy to get overrun with some bad luck double spawn adds. I wouldn't suggest them without at least 6 chars in nearly max gear and dps heavy. Worst part is, if you wipe, the adds remain where they were summoned. Seen a few dumb groups fight at zone in, then wipe to half a dozen summoned adds then have them sit and corpse camp the zone in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Logged back in a couple days ago and have been leveling a monk. Anyone remember what monk gear and/or fabled item that are monk usable drop in VP? Like my tanks have the fabled BP from Phara and my Mage has the Fabled robe.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fabled Cloak of Flames from PD. I do not recall any weapons for Monk. It has been a while though.

You can, however, camp the Fabled Tranquill Staff from Skeleton Warlord in KC. (doesn't drop in VP)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Cool, thanks Jysin. I've been using a regular Tranquil staff since level one, but maybe I'll attempt to get the fabled when I go to kc for my pipe.