EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MQ is allowed on RA. Spawn times vary. You can also grind daily missions for Guk points (Server's alt currency). There's a ton of stuff to be bought via guks and if you are feeling especially impatient on bosses for Tiered armor / epics, you can buy a spawn token. Trash mobs also drop guk points and AA points. No need for grinding AA here. AA is another currency used to buy stuff. For example: the highest pet focus Aug is 10 Mil AA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Only way to get Cazic Quill for Rogue epic via drop from V'Ghera? I've got all the robes, but Vilnius doesn't seem to be popping in WK

E: Nvm, he popped, I think it might work differently than live, but nonetheless, it worked

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if @SirJames even cares anymore at this point, but the server has been experiencing some major lag issues since early this morning.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Kaines Kaines i gave up on the AX Classic server :p

I like the premise, I really like the bot system they have (very thorough), but fuuuuck classic exp gains. I just can't do it anymore.

That same server but with like, a 3x exp rate would be great.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Kaines Kaines i gave up on the AX Classic server :p

I like the premise, I really like the bot system they have (very thorough), but fuuuuck classic exp gains. I just can't do it anymore.

That same server but with like, a 3x exp rate would be great.

It's certainly not for everyone. :)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Just a heads up. Control will be taking....control of this server tonight supposedly.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just a heads up. Control will be taking....control of this server tonight supposedly.
Control Control I hope there aren't too many changes planned. Some QOL stuff might be nice, but I really enjoy the "progession" aspect of the server. Hopefully, he's just taking over hosting duty.

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Noticed that the servers were switching a couple hours ago and I guess I know why now. I agree with Kirun that I hope not a whole lot changes. A few QoL stuff would be awesome and maybe a few fixes (I don't think all of the LDoNs work, etc). But hell, as long as its up and running, I'm pretty happy.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Noticed that the servers were switching a couple hours ago and I guess I know why now. I agree with Kirun that I hope not a whole lot changes. A few QoL stuff would be awesome and maybe a few fixes (I don't think all of the LDoNs work, etc). But hell, as long as its up and running, I'm pretty happy.

Yeah, there are still some minor bugs that would be great if they can get fixed(PoJ trials don't all work, LDoNs, Rallos Zek trigger in PoTactics is wonky, etc.), but nothing major.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Control Control Nice to see this going to an active home.

I still think my time is up here, at least until any new content is provided. Been around since the beginning. PM me any content questions you may have.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks! Not sure if either server is in for any much custom content anytime soon. Adding some usability improvements or quests is one thing, but actual content is a very different story, as I'm sure you know, especially considering the limited audience. Even among us here, most people would probably rather just play the original content. I keep meaning to poke at a graceful way to add in GoD on VoG, but I just haven't taken the time.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks! Not sure if either server is in for any much custom content anytime soon. Adding some usability improvements or quests is one thing, but actual content is a very different story, as I'm sure you know, especially considering the limited audience. Even among us here, most people would probably rather just play the original content. I keep meaning to poke at a graceful way to add in GoD on VoG, but I just haven't taken the time.

I know when Nisea and I looked at GoD on NL, we found empty zones, broken scripts, and unpopulated loot tables. The xpac was pretty much abandoned at that point.

The only custom zone currently on NL is Crushbone. Nisea basically added low tier GoD loot, which is mostly useless compared to PoTime. However, Ambassador D'Vinn has the Cragbeast Queen loot. The idea was to add similar custom zones with increasing difficulty with higher quality GoD loot. None of this happened as dev work came to a halt.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I know when Nisea and I looked at GoD on NL, we found empty zones, broken scripts, and unpopulated loot tables. The xpac was pretty much abandoned at that point.

The only custom zone currently on NL is Crushbone. Nisea basically added low tier GoD loot, which is mostly useless compared to PoTime. However, Ambassador D'Vinn has the Cragbeast Queen loot. The idea was to add similar custom zones with increasing difficulty with higher quality GoD loot. None of this happened as dev work came to a halt.
Stuff being added like this, tied to some sort of "progression" mechanism, similar to the way the rest of the "tiering" works, would be awesome. However, I understand the limited audience and the amount of time it would take, so I can understand the lack of wanting to do that.

Control Control As far as QoL improvements go - I have a few that would be nice to see added, if feasible.

- 1. NPCs added to the hub that can port to various dungeons, similar/same as VoG server.
- 2. Either "free" gate potions added, or if folks want to keep some sort of moneysink in, a charm/item with unlimited gate charges that costs a sizable chunk of plat.
- 3. The "room" keys for Howling Stones are all kinds of buggy and some don't spawn/drop. It's probably for the best to just remove all the locked doors inside there.

Either way, thanks a lot for taking over hosting. It's appreciated.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
- 2. Either "free" gate potions added, or if folks want to keep some sort of moneysink in, a charm/item with unlimited gate charges that costs a sizable chunk of plat.

You can still get free insta cast gate pots in PoK, but they are not stackable. They added gate pots to hub that stack and have a cast time, but cost plat. Some type of clicky would have been ideal, but people were cheesing encounters with gate to get out of combat for quick med. (You can literally bind anywhere on this server)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You can still get free insta cast gate pots in PoK, but they are not stackable. They added gate pots to hub that stack and have a cast time, but cost plat. Some type of clicky would have been ideal, but people were cheesing encounters with gate to get out of combat for quick med. (You can literally bind anywhere on this server)

From who? I haven't been able to find them at all, except for the hub.

I completely forgot about the bind thing. Yeah, that makes sense then.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vendor is in the house directly to the right when you port in from MPG hub. There's a vendor that spells like bark/Regen/pumice and gate pots. Gates are free and don't stack.

• 1Like

dyadestrant

Molten Core Raider
Vendor is in the house directly to the right when you port in from MPG hub. There's a vendor that spells like bark/Regen/pumice and gate pots. Gates are free and don't stack.

Thanks for the heads up - dude's name is Mirao Frostpouch for those wondering and want to see on MQ