EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dexz

Golden Squire
A complete wipe would be just short of leaving the server offline for those that have the most time invested. Me, sure i would like to keep my character and I was one mob short of Velious and 65 quest was completed. Common logic is people like Jysin have been helping backflag for weeks and we could use a core of those geared characters to help rebuild. I would imagine that 85% of them would not reroll given a character wipe and then we are left with basically nothing.

Auto Scribe on - this was conducive to the fun environment of the server - plus the lack of spells availible at vendors, this just makes sense.
Zero Character wipe
Perhaps once the server is live and stable open up donations for help support it

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I guess my only concern would be potential longevity. If NL came back up - who is putting in the hours for content past Pop era?

If we moved to Stormhaven, plenty of content and active devs.

Alkabor lasted for many many years with hundreds of players with only PoP and an understanding that there would never be anything post PoP. I guess it's different on an easy server though.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Remove sub EVENT_LEVEL_UP { follow to the closing bracket

replace with

Code:
 sub EVENT_LEVEL_UP {

quest::traindiscs ($ulevel, 1);
        quest::scribespells ($ulevel, 1);
        $client->Message( 15, "Your experiences across the realm have infused you with increased power and knowledge..." );
    foreach my $skill (0..42,48..54,62,66,67,70..74) {
        next unless $client->CanHaveSkill($skill);
        my $maxSkill = $client->MaxSkill( $skill, $client->GetClass(), $ulevel );
        next unless $maxSkill > $client->GetRawSkill($skill);
        $client->SetSkill( $skill, $maxSkill );
    }
    if    (($ulevel == 20 && $class ~~ ["Necromancer","Enchanter","Magician","Wizard"]) ||
        ($ulevel == 30 && $class ~~ ["Druid","Shaman","Cleric"])) {
            $client->Message(5,    "Remember you can only have 1 specialization over the skill level of 50, the ".
                                "first to exceed skill level 50 becomes your specialization!");
    }
}

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
10 days ago i would be back around level 35, I got 65 and 200+ aa and full flags in two weeks. I am kinda sad but I would play with you guys.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
oH! That is beautiful to hear, Jysin Jysin

Voted no wipe. Gonna start up when the server comes back up :) Can't wait!

SirJames

Golden Squire
If you login to EQ emu now you will see a "[TESTING] Nagafen's Lair " Server. This is running a database copy from 9/4. If you have a minute, please just login to the server and play for 5-20 mins to ensure the server is stable, go see if spawns are up, etc. DO NOT PROGRESS, THIS WILL PROBABLY NOT BE THE FINAL VERSION.

We are hoping to get a more recent copy of the DB, so please don't start putting any time into this yet.

But this is a copy of the data Maze gave to us.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
All I want is autoscribe though. Fuck that spell hunting shit. After so many years doing it, it just annoys me nowadays

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I screwed around on Stormhaven for a bit today, and things like autoscribe, auto-max skills, and auto-learned skills are severely underrated as far as QoL stuff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can anyone pm me the binaries? I would like to mess around with it. Anyone able to host the new version? I may have an avenue to do it but what kind of server power would be required?

Thanks!

Pogi

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm ambivalent about autoscribe. I'd like out of era stuff gone, but whatevs.

Same here, but if everyone has access, it's not a huge deal.

If you login to EQ emu now you will see a "[TESTING] Nagafen's Lair " Server. This is running a database copy from 9/4. If you have a minute, please just login to the server and play for 5-20 mins to ensure the server is stable, go see if spawns are up, etc. DO NOT PROGRESS, THIS WILL PROBABLY NOT BE THE FINAL VERSION.

We are hoping to get a more recent copy of the DB, so please don't start putting any time into this yet.

But this is a copy of the data Maze gave to us.

I'm not seeing any servers at all on EQEMU server select atm?? Is that a bug or is EQEMU down or what? I was on earlier np. Nm... weird. Tried logging in. stuck at loading screen before char select, it's at 100% and sits there. Don't know if that helps, but yeah.

Relapse

Trakanon Raider
ohh that was you in seb yesterday. I was soloing jugs and you were down there on your necro afk. I got you killed on accident about a couple dozen times. I was the same, necro as well, no box, was loving soloing on this server and just enjoying EQ in its classical sense. I'm super sad.

When you guys say he nuked it, that just means the servers right? Could anyone coax the data from him? Or if not that, could one of you use the files to make the exact same type of server where we can start fresh on? Pleeeease, please, please please.
Yea i passed out and went to work my dude was bound by the juggs lol