EQMac Now Free to Play

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I hashed keyboard.txt on my problem machine and a machine that doesn't have the problem, and they were identical.

I checked for the file in the fresh titanium install folder that I kept a copy of, and it wasn't there. Nor was it in the EQMac web install folder. Looking at the file date suggested it was created by the client when it was run for the first time, so I deleted it and started up the game. Sadly, it did not resolve the issue. Thanks though.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Torrid I had that same problem a few years ago when I played eqlive and I was able to fix it although I can't recall how. (Sorry, I know that's pretty unhelpful). I want to say that it had something to do with the keyboard drivers I was using at the time, maybe a Microsoft infrared something or other? I remember getting really pissed off at my own apparent grammatical failings for a while there!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
He got banned for duping items. He did a lot more than that, but duping was easy for SOE to track down and swing the ban hammer at.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I played this years ago. Bought an Emac and it died after like 3 months and so I quit. I just purchased one of the new i7 MacMini's it should arrive tomorrow. I think I was playing a 20 something bard. It seems like a few folks are still playing. Regime, any of you guys still on here? Is there a guild still working its way through all the xpacs? I am not sure what to play but it sounds like I will need to box or solo.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There's a guild named Vintage that is currently self-locked in Velious. They've killed Aaryonar a couple of times and all of the ST warders, and I think they're prepping for NToV. I would join them, but since they're currently in Velious, they ban the use of things like Baz and PoK, and I'm not sure I want to deal with that.

There's a guild named Vintage that is currently self-locked in Velious. They've killed Aaryonar a couple of times and all of the ST warders, and I think they're prepping for NToV. I would join them, but since they're currently in Velious, they ban the use of things like Baz and PoK, and I'm not sure I want to deal with that.
Hmm I think I've seen some of those people in the Baz and Pok. I'm totally hooked on this server now. I just hope I can find a good progression type guild when I'm high level.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I played this years ago. Bought an Emac and it died after like 3 months and so I quit. I just purchased one of the new i7 MacMini's it should arrive tomorrow. I think I was playing a 20 something bard. It seems like a few folks are still playing. Regime, any of you guys still on here? Is there a guild still working its way through all the xpacs? I am not sure what to play but it sounds like I will need to box or solo.
meh I haven't logged in awhile. Usually it was to make a fat orge girl bending over at the bank to block people from entering or sitting on top of Lron with Chiba and Juice but I just like my FPS too much. Dunno about everyone else but I gotta be drunk to raid and I live in a dry county so that makes it rough.

I will admit I have been having a strong desire to go kill every freeport citizen who harbors loyalties to Sgt. Slate or massacre Misty Thicket in the name of Cabillis.

rrr_img_6803.png

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I'm so addicted to classic EQ. This is what a free to play classic server that allows boxing seduced me to do:

That was before I got a Jyll's spell on my wizards. (or even color slant on the enchanters) I hit 56 last night for the 2nd Jyll's, and mobs are melting. I'm raking in the loot. Supple scale armbands for everyone, 3 druid arms from karnor's, 2 sarnak battle shields last night in the first three pulls. Obulus death shroud in like my 3rd Sebilis pull. I have to make another mule.

Most of the people here really aren't the hardcore type. It's like a super casual server, kind of like the EQ of years ago. EQMac is like a time capsule. Level 65s see me do this and are like, holy shit. Apparently they've never seen a PBAoE group before.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm so addicted to classic EQ. This is what a free to play classic server that allows boxing seduced me to do:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/eP9Em4Fu80g

That was before I got a Jyll's spell on my wizards. (or even color slant on the enchanters) I hit 56 last night for the 2nd Jyll's, and mobs are melting. I'm raking in the loot. Supple scale armbands for everyone, 3 druid arms from karnor's, 2 sarnak battle shields last night in the first three pulls. Obulus death shroud in like my 3rd Sebilis pull. I have to make another mule.

Most of the people here really aren't the hardcore type. It's like a super casual server, kind of like the EQ of years ago. EQMac is like a time capsule. Level 65s see me do this and are like, holy shit. Apparently they've never seen a PBAoE group before.
Uhhh yeah, I see that and am like "holy shit" too. Mind elaborating on your method / tools? That's fucking amazing.

Yeah that's cool. I've done it as part of a group, chanter(s) just memorize all of their AoE stuns and spam them all in sequence so all the mobs nearby are permanently stunned. Then the AE casters just ae nuke shit to death without fear of aggro.

But to do that with boxing, wow? How do you do that? I'm assuming you are using ISBoxer software or something? I looked in to stuff like that but I didn't want to have to pay.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
iSBoxer doesn't work with the version of EQW for the PC hack :/

I'm also impressed with that vid, hook a brother up for some PLing! haha

I just found one called "KeyClone", I bet he is using that. Basically whatever key you press, sends a signal to all the other boxes to do the same. So as long as you setup your characters to have the right hotkeys or macros in the right numbered slot, you should be able to box pretty well from your main guy, without having to alt tab.

I'm gonna download the trial and give it a shot, but I'll have to do it tomorrow. (I also saw one called PwnBoxer)

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Uhhh yeah, I see that and am like "holy shit" too. Mind elaborating on your method / tools? That's fucking amazing.
Heh, well I played a wizard from 1999 to 2004. I also started up a warrior in late Kunark/early Velious period, that eventually became my guild's MT, but I kept boxing the wizard. So I had a raid geared tank + wizard to do PBAoEing with. The thing about wizards is, the better you are at the game, the more they suck at single target killing in an exp group scenario. It's adorable to see all the people on Al'Kabor who think that wizards are gods because they get free KEI all the time. In a reality without perma KEI, and if you are in a group with great players single target killing, warriors will outdamage wizards. An out of mana wizard does no damage, and a good group is constantly in combat. AoE is basically a wizard's salvation.

I like to joke that I have an AoE fetish. I try to AoE in every game I play. WoW, Warhammer, even SWG. Blizzard of course put a damage cap on AoEs because they remove anything fun out of their game, unlike Sony. It's not like AoEing large pulls was already impossible over there due to their short leash code.

Anyway, PBAoEing pulls is fairly straightforward. The hard part is pulling the mobs. All the wizards and enchanters do is spam one button. (assuming you macro the multiple color stuns and wizard aoes into one key, using in-game macros) Cycle through 3 color stuns, and assuming mobs do not resist, they will be perma stunned. With color slant replacing flux, even a solo enchanter could do it safely assuming no resists. Two enchanters are sort of required for very large pulls. (my record is somewhere around 80, which I did back in '02; my max here is about 30 so far for various reasons)

The real secrets are understanding how spells push mobs around and knowing how to pull. Mob leashing on this server in particular is giving me much nerd rage, and pulling on my druid or cleric is much harder than using a raid geared warrior, particularly when my gear is so awful. Spells push mobs around too, so that is why corners are so advantageous. You can do it in the open or against a flat wall if you orient the characters a certain way, but it's riskier to do large pulls that way.

As for tools, I use HotKeyNet. 'Key cloning' is the absolute most basic function of any multi-box software or hardware, so just about anything would work. I never used boxing software until two weeks ago. I could tape sticks together to push keys on multiple keyboards if I had to. There is absolutely zero decision making on behalf of the software at all. No log reading or pixel color checking. That particular program has very little in the way of that actually. Its primary feature is that it enables one keyboard to control multiple physical machines.

I bet all the classic EQ haters don't know about PBAoE groups either.

Thanks for the info, I wouldn't mind trying that sometime. When I did it in EQ, the preferred group was Cleric, Enchanter, Bard, as the base. The bard could pull lots of mobs in relative safety (even in dungeons), and the cleric helped keep him alive. Once he got back to the group, I was the chanter and I just spammed all my AE stuns. And then the last 3 spots was just 3 wizzys who nuked crap out of everything. Then after the fight the cleric would heal any wounds and bard would do mana song, and repeat. It was pretty cool. Must be a buzz to do it by yourself though.