EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
According to the FAQ

NOTE: At the start of Alpha, there will be three types of islands. Starting continents are Tiers 1 & 2 only. Mid Islands are Tiers 2 & 3. High Islands are 3 & 4. (Tier 5 islands will show up later during Alpha.) ? This is only for initial testing purposes. Eventually, we'll roll out islands that have all resources intermixed.
o Rare: These are harder to find resources like Silver, Cobalt, Mithril and more. These exist ONLY underground. Some of them very deep underground.
? NOTE: Initially during Alpha, resources will not be deeper than 100 meters below ground. That'll change soon.
This makes it sound like Mithril may be available but underground only

ZeckEQ_sl

shitlord
You can use the click lock feature in Control Panel/Mouse. Little weird to get used to and moving around can be tricky to. Otherwise an easy solution.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
Mithril IS in-game. I haven't found anything below surface level yet really. My guess is they're still working on stratification of layers.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
What is the source? I haven't seen any legit evidence yet myself.
You know Elidroth is one of the lead EQ devs, right ?

As he said it's probably down to stratification. As we move forward the prospecting is going to change massively. We won't be able to run up and down the sand and get the higher tier materials we can now. The rarer stuff will be underground. There will be a special tool that doesn't harvest but burrows rapidly to help explore. Right now all you will find apart from close to the surface is dirt.

This will have to be changed before we move into beta as we keep all our resources from beta to launch and we'd all be able to stockpile huge amounts of rarer materials.

(ps Shadowstep on Lyrical Prankster drives me nuts)

Tol_sl

shitlord
I finally decided what to build. I have a nice little basecamp/bar between three large towers. I think i'm going to try and do a 5-6 story first person maze.
rrr_img_59583.jpg

rrr_img_59584.jpg

rrr_img_59585.jpg

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
You know Elidroth is one of the lead EQ devs, right ?

As he said it's probably down to stratification. As we move forward the prospecting is going to change massively. We won't be able to run up and down the sand and get the higher tier materials we can now. The rarer stuff will be underground. There will be a special tool that doesn't harvest but burrows rapidly to help explore. Right now all you will find apart from close to the surface is dirt.

This will have to be changed before we move into beta as we keep all our resources from beta to launch and we'd all be able to stockpile huge amounts of rarer materials.
Yeah I know. Internal builds that he has access to may have resources that are different than the alpha we have access too though. I just haven't heard of players finding it in Alpha yet. I also wonder if the co-ord system with /loc has any translation to feet/meters etc. It seems closer to feet. And maybe they ment 100 yards below the surface. The surface seems to be around 1000. Does that mean at Y ~400 there may be T5 material atm? Dynamite is pretty nice for fast tunneling, its just a bit expensive to make to be useful though. It needs to give more like 100 uses instead of 10.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Mithril IS in-game. I haven't found anything below surface level yet really. My guess is they're still working on stratification of layers.
OK, so it's in, it's just up to us players to look for methods of finding it. Just hoping this isn't another Alchemy thing.

I've got a slightly more than passing interest in geology, and I love the fuck out of this mining system. I'm hoping that mining later on includes skilling up either items or skills for abilities like Deep Sight, Metal Vision/Sense (that kinda thing) to help with giving a push in the right direction. Oh, and while we're at it, give me a fucking Lightstone that glows at point blank from my characters body, and lights a decent area please.

Currently, the islands are built with neither stratification, tectonics or any other rhyme or reason for ore to be in a location. Normally I'd be looking for Mithril (even though it's not a real thing) along high heat/high pressure igneous (think basalt/granite) faultlines/layers. Diamond is normally found in Kimberlite veins that run deep inside igneous rock layers, so this would line up with where Mithril *should* be.

All that shit isn't in the game though, so where a marker would be could be anyone's guess. I'm going to craft me a legendary indigo pick and hollow out a mountain with a high stone content, see if that yields any results.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
You'd be better off spending that time gathering burled wood
smile.png
I just found confirmation that Mithril isn't in yet. With such a big world, it will be interesting to see how it will be designed to locate ore.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Holy shit it magically came back when I went to delete some of the remaining pieces. Try that and see if it helps!
Client/Server communication issues, I bet. The client thought it was deleted, the server did not (and that's why you didn't get the stone back).

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Just dug out the core of a small mountain using 20 sticks of Dynamite. There's NOTHING found in Dirt at all, not even Coal/Essence of Earth, it's just pure filler (and that's all that's deeper inside these hills). 88K dirt.. let's see what the sifter gives -- and fuck all.

Headed down the lowest sections of the map, instead of dirt in the cores, it's all stone. Stone does indeed drop Coal and Essence of Earth though. Currently digging a hole straight down for giggles.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is this game running for most of you? With graphics set to high I get 30ish fps max, with a lot of drops down to 10 or so while running about. My PC isn't that bad although the video card is a bit older ( i5 3570K @ 4.0 GHz, GTX480, 16GB). Medium graphic settings doesn't seem to make all that much difference, except making everything look worse.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
i7 2600k @ 4.3gig, GTX770, 8g DDR3, SSD. Sits at 66fps pretty much all the time on High settings. Every single time I swing a pick though, the resulting loot spray drops the FPS to 10, creating what feels like giant fucking pauses every swing.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I sort of doubt it's in the game yet, probably a tier 4 only material. I haven't heard of anyone finding any so far.
Mithril is tier 5, so it's supposed to be a rare in tier 4 areas and common in tier 5. And since we don't have undergrounds in tier 3 islands and no tier 4 islands...