EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What I was thinking. On reddit some people post the actual values of X skin to recreate it exactly. Sure some corp will require everyone to fly one skin sold by someone in the corp to all be the same. I don't get it either.

Borzak

Cheapest possible skin made with the free stuff they already give you. 75 plex and 3 minutes to design. Super simple but cheaper than most of the Cerb skins in game already on the regular market (not skinr). CCP tries to nickle and dime you the entire way. 75plex to make and so many days to finish. You get constant updates you can pay 75plex more to finish it early and it scales down every day. Hurry hurry hurry lol. At 20plex it stops.

SkinR.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

CCP got partners to make a skin before launch for charity. Someone bought them and copied them and relisted for a lot more and people bought them thinking they were buying from CCP. Eve never changes. Multiple billions each lol.

CCP still sells boots though you really can't see feet on most characters.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Cheapest possible skin made with the free stuff they already give you. 75 plex and 3 minutes to design. Super simple but cheaper than most of the Cerb skins in game already on the regular market (not skinr). CCP tries to nickle and dime you the entire way. 75plex to make and so many days to finish. You get constant updates you can pay 75plex more to finish it early and it scales down every day. Hurry hurry hurry lol. At 20plex it stops.

View attachment 534062
Haven't played even maybe 15 years, but are they allowing people to paint their spaceships now? Sorry I look at that picture you posted and my brain can't compute what's going on.

I guess the one thing that I was enjoyed about the game when I played it was the aesthetics and the different designs between the various factions. Everything had a unique look and you could immediately tell oh it's Gallente or Minmataur or however you spell either.

Jesus, if they're getting people to spend money on that, ouch.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
CCP got partners to make a skin before launch for charity. Someone bought them and copied them and relisted for a lot more and people bought them thinking they were buying from CCP. Eve never changes. Multiple billions each lol.

CCP still sells boots though you really can't see feet on most characters.
Debate implement the whole Avatar in game station walking deal? Sorry I'm really behind the times. I'm assuming that's what the boots would be for?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Boots/clothing are almost entirely just for the player to look at their own characters model and fap to.

• 1Like

Borzak

Haven't played even maybe 15 years, but are they allowing people to paint their spaceships now? Sorry I look at that picture you posted and my brain can't compute what's going on.

I guess the one thing that I was enjoyed about the game when I played it was the aesthetics and the different designs between the various factions. Everything had a unique look and you could immediately tell oh it's Gallente or Minmataur or however you spell either.

Jesus, if they're getting people to spend money on that, ouch.

They've been on a CCP skin kick forever now. I looked at my character sheet and I have 502 skins with 99.9% of them being free skins I got from events or the daily login reward. I have used maybe one or two of them.

The new expansion put in a new skinning UI but it's not worth a shit. The actual UI to do it is "okay" but they put 10+ million sp of skills in the game that would allow you to make more skins at once, sell them cheaper and faster. They want you to pay with plex (500 plex = a month sub) and then sell them for plex to other players. Oh and course CCP takes 30% right off the top in a tax when you sell it.

The one I posted is the cheapest I could make with the design stuff they gave out for free. Others drop in game and I have no idea what they are going for. The cheap skin I made was cheaper than most of the skins in the market and I fly the cerb a lot. I will never make a skin to sell and the prices for some really crap ones look like they are 500plex or 1 billion isk or more. I don't even know why some are listed for isk and some for plex.

I'm guessing people made a skin for their favorite ship if most of the skins in game already sucked or were expensive and then in 6 months it will be "oh hey remember when CCP did skins?"

• 1Like

Borzak

Debate implement the whole Avatar in game station walking deal? Sorry I'm really behind the times. I'm assuming that's what the boots would be for?

Yeah guesssing so, walking in station was shelved a while back cause they said it was too computer intensive or some shit. CCP also shelved the in game browser and the line they came up with it's like nobody proof reads anything. I can see it's a major security issue. But their official like was "Google didn't have the tech to make an in game browswer that would be secure". Pretty sure they meant CCP didn't want to pay Google enough to make the browser they wanted.

If you have a female avatar you can buy a pair of boots called "boots.ini" in reference to the time CCP deleted boot.ini on a lot of poeples computer.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you have a female avatar you can buy a pair of boots called "boots.ini" in reference to the time CCP deleted boot.ini on a lot of poeples computer.
God damn lolz I remember calling up my buddies when that patch dropped - "Don't load up Eve, the new patch kills your computer!"

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Ahhh... CCP... releasing yet another patch/expansion in their Space Ship game that has little to do with space ships. Never change!

• 1Like