EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
A crypto company paid CCP to test run the crypto in game. Sounds like a giant bad idea. I know it's reddit but someone posted in game gifts under US law are taxable income. I know it's likely uncharter territory and CCP doesn't seem like a trend setter unless someone is paying them and that is the case this time.

I did like one of the comments, so if someone gifts you a titan and you lose it can you claim it as a loss on your taxes? I haven't logged in for a while and this doesn't really make me want to.

Erronius

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
A crypto company paid CCP to test run the crypto in game. Sounds like a giant bad idea. I know it's reddit but someone posted in game gifts under US law are taxable income. I know it's likely uncharter territory and CCP doesn't seem like a trend setter unless someone is paying them and that is the case this time.

I did like one of the comments, so if someone gifts you a titan and you lose it can you claim it as a loss on your taxes? I haven't logged in for a while and this doesn't really make me want to.

I have no idea how any of that would work, but I did just read that CCP is working on that new survival game spinoff from EVE (EVE Frontiers) that will be Blockchain/Ethereum based

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>

When I got gifted my titans (yes plural) I never claimed it on taxes. Thanks russia.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait for people going to jail for tax fraud because someone gifted them some mage food in WoW and they didn't declare it on their tax form.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
CCP and crypto is a match made in ...well. Company that couldn't come up with a database solution to keep track of who made what. Also one of my favorite things they evere said is after the removal of the in game browser "Gooogle couldn't come up with a browser that was safe". I'm sure it would have been difficult, but I think between the lines is we didn't want to pay Google enough to come up with a semi safe browser.

Think Hilmar can taste the next big thing he can put his name on instead of just watching over Eve online so he goes out of his way to try anything and everything. It comes around fairly often.