EVE Online

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It is weird, but having PvE only ships was also weird. EW immunity sounds interesting, but they're so damn expensive. It seems like as soon as you break the logistics wing of the opposition you'd want to bring down the marauders just for ISK efficiency.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I was generally enjoying the new patch until I saw what they did to my beloved Gold Plated Parrot, the Absolution. They changed the damn model to (I think) a version of the Harbinger. Fuck CCP and fuck all they love!
frown.png

So now, instead of flying a gold plated parrot into combat I fly one of the most retarded looking ships in the game.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I'm near the end of my eve journey. I'm glad I finally tried it and I've made enough market trading to plex my two accounts for another month for the training. Maybe I'll get back in to it over the holidays.

Noshitdude

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't play for a year or so, and just read that Tech III can now refit subs in space. How does this work ? You need a POS, or a carrier, or just to carry your subs in cargo ?

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can swap them out using a carrier or one of the new mobile depot's for sure.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I started playing this bullshit again because I'm bored with everything else. I'll be somewhere in goon space ratting in a vidicator. If anyone wants to meet up for some pvp roams let me know.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Won't be Jove for certain. Besides, the whole stargate building won't be apexing for another year at least. It's be the whole Opening of the Ahn-Qiraj gates all over again.

The ceptor change is game breaking. One of the fastest ships in the game and it gets bubble immunity. Kinda hard to counter.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wheres the news on player gates? Where is this coming from? I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to Rubicon info.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I remember from the first couple of Fan Fests back in 2004/5 when they hinted at a Jove expansion coming soon including players transmorphing into Jove characters at a certain SP level (100m was mentioned), Jove ships, opening of Jove space, etc. Not the first time CCP has promised grand new features, never to speak of them again. Probably not the last time either!

But on a different note, I've fallen in love with my Pala with the Bastion mod and Mobile Tractor Unit. They've made lvl4s almost bearable!

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
How do the compare to from before? Just deploy and pwn shit? Was trying to picture last room in AE for example.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I did AE yesterday, and tankfully a friend tagged along. In general it is yes, deploy and pwn, but in rare cases such as the bonus room of AE you will be swamped. I only barely managed to keep repped. A tactic I think may work for such occasions is to fit a MJD, jump 100km and set the bastion for one cycle, take out the sentries/elite frigs and if needed do another jump until the damage can be handled. In short, in most cases it's pure pwnage, but in very tough missions it is possibly easy to get cocky.

Bosch_sl

shitlord
I was into Eve for about 6 months in 2006 while I was living in NZ with some other expat friends. Since then, I've tried numerous times to get back into the game, but with no friends it's EXTREMELY hard to break in.

Can you folks give me a recommendation on where to start? I can't answer questions like: "what do you wanna do?" without knowing/experiencing what kind of operations there are. From memory, I liked the scouting ahead of a pirating party a bit, exploring and 1v1 PVP, but I don't remember very much.

If anyone has a crew or corp recommendation I'd really appreciate it. I don't remember how many SP my chars have, but it can't be a lot (probably what you'd expect in a 6-12months char).

Thanks in advance.