EVE Online

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is the stratios fit I was talking about in game the other night Sylas.

[Stratios, Stratios fit]

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Coreli C-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Medium Capacitor Booster II
Dark Blood Warp Disruptor
Corelum B-Type 10MN Microwarpdrive
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion M

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Gecko x2
Gecko x2
Acolyte II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5
Valkyrie II x5

Keep a mobile depot with all your exploration/scanning stuff, assorted hardeners a scram, even neuts if you want.

This fit tanks 523 DPS with both reppers with OH it's above 600 easy. 680 with a strong exile and this w/o links even.

Does 560ish dps, 220's are terrific for killing tackle and drones. Fit is a swiss army knife that can defeat just about anything solo.

As for the current meta it's super varied. Active reps are popular but only in solo/small gang with little logi. Otherwise Crazy buffer tanks and/or range control is the big thing right now.

Orthrus/Garmur are both super strong in because of it's insane point/scram range, speed, and sniper ability. While T3 doctrines and BS with heavy alpha like ravens or Tempest Fleet issues/machariels are popular because of the huge buffer potential and heavy alpha to break tanks.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The problem with purely active tanked Stratios fits is you'll be hard pressed to kill passive-tanked ratters, which is most of them. All the rats will switch to you when you turn on a warp disruptor and you'll have a hard time tanking the mission/anomaly and the ratter's weapons at the same time long enough to kill his passive tank. Also, relying on double cap boosters means you have to resupply after one fight.....which means you have the main drawback of passive armor tanked fits without any of the benefits.

This is my go-to Stratios fit:

[New Setup 1]
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer,Nanite Repair Paste
Reactive Armor Hardener
Imperial Navy Adaptive Nano Plating
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Caldari Navy Warp Scrambler
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Capacitor Booster II,Navy Cap Booster 400

Gatling Pulse Laser II,Scorch S
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher,Core Scanner Probe I

Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I

Requires a 5% CPU implant. Yes, those are small guns. The funny thing is they do more raw DPS than 220s between like 4km and 10km, and have like 10x the effective tracking. Having the expanded probe launcher on your combat fit is a godsend, because not having to mobile depot swap to it means scanning down a mission runner within 30 seconds of entering local rather than 5 minutes. Also since Eve rats are weak to the damage type they shoot, that means both any ratter you catch and the rats in the pocket will all be shooting the same damage type, which makes the reactive armor hardener ridiculously good.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
They did away with most, if not all the mechanics vasili used to get kills. These days shootin red crosses with randoms shouldnt be an issue unless they trigger tons of spawns or destroy a loot can with a mission item in it.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
the vast majority of Eve operates off of NBSI (not blue shoot it) which means everyone other than your allies are fair game and killed on sight.

provi is weird going back over a decade, it's like this land of weird Roleplayer/carebears and they instituted NRDS (not red, don't shoot) meaning that unless you/your corp/alliance has ever attacked people in providence, you are neutral and thus they won't shoot first.

but since the other 99% of eve doesn't operate off of NRDS, everyone else goes to providence and just kills people, they don't respect or care for the rules that provi uses, and thus all of eve is just set red, and provi shoots everyone anyway.

The only people who can really take advantage of the NRDS that provi uses is carebears and new players. people who live in empire and don't pvp or haven't really pvp'd yet. they are allowed to go to provi, and if they follow the rules they can live there.

So what started as roleplayers ended up really favoring carebear types, which invites the rest of eve in to kill said carebear types, which is a nice vicious cycle. Providence is an attractive destination for roaming gangs and road trips by the rest of eve because of this. They see more combat that a lot of other places in eve so they get experienced pretty quick, which in turns provides for better content for the pvpers.
We rock. Providence is totally waaaay better than any other region. PvP comes to you while you nullbear away at leisure. No traveling 30 jumps to find pvp, it's right there on your doorstep.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
We rock. Providence is totally waaaay better than any other region. PvP comes to you while you nullbear away at leisure. No traveling 30 jumps to find pvp, it's right there on your doorstep.
People talk a ton of shit about provi. But it's players doing something unique like that makes eve interesting. Shame Provi is famous for having 98% of eve on it's KoS list though

I wanted to point out Amazon has an amazing deal, you can the eve premium edition for only 25$ bucks! With the new ship skin system and the fact you can use it to activate a buddy account it's an absurdly good deal.

Amazon.com: EVE Online Premium Edition [Online Game Code]: Video Games

You get

1. A plex, + Another plex for buddy invite. Or if your new I can send buddy invite and pay you 400m isk for it.

2. A New account with 51 days from the buddy invite trial + Month you get with this.

3. Prototype Cerb Accelerator that gives you a big training boost you first 17 days. Or you can sell it for about 300-400m isk atm.

4. Four Battleship skins, with the new ship skin system I imagine these are all worth at least 200-300m each. Likely more.

5. An assortment of ships, skillbooks, modules, clothes ect...

Overall your getting about $60-$70 worth of stuff for only $25. If your new, or thinking of trying eve it's a great opportunity to get ahead and make eve a bit easier giving you a few bil isk + an alt account or 51 days on your first char. You could even buy a decent character with the isk from this, or put in the market and make some more isk with it.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shame Provi is famous for having 98% of eve on it's KoS list though
Mostly because it's accessible PvP.

When you think about "Let's go PvP in null!" what comes to mind first? CFC space? N3 renters? Brave newbies? Or Providence?

Mostly it's Providence, because unlike other parts of space, it's easily accessible and some of you might even slip in un-noticed by the locals due to being true neutrals... which translates to tackles and kills.
Everywhere else, since you're true neutral, you're automatically shot at.

And people are repetitious and lazy. Spectre fleet comes to Providence every single fucking time they have a fleet. So do CFC, N3, PL, Hero.

If you like unique things, you should see the resentment the rest of ProviBloc has towards us in TSOE.

Comments in this news is quite revealing (ignore the 2V pocket guy, he blew a gasket and probably isn't in TSOE anyway)
http://evenews24.com/2015/05/01/prov...-catch-region/

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Also the CFC was conquered in a blitzkrieg maneuver by the Imperium, represented by that sexy grenade eagle RhoA is sporting.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
You're just trying to downplay the genius of the Imperium's lightning takeover. So complete was this success that the old regime defected to the new.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Really keen on starting this up again, Is tengu still a solid ship? Was running Level 4 missions last time I played and wanted to get into wormholes but was always too much of a pussy.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Tengu is still strong, but I don't know when you quit. They're not gods anymore, or rather, they're a slightly lower strength god. They've become increasingly popular in fleet doctrine as well as all that PvE stuff, so they've gotten some balance passes to try and give other ships an opportunity in large scale PvP. Drones are a strong alternative in PvE and PvP, but I don't know much about wormholes.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're just trying to downplay the genius of the Imperium's lightning takeover. So complete was this success that the old regime defected to the new.
Another CFC supporter? Give me a fucking break. What does everyone see in joining the pile of stinking cow dung? Oh wait, I forgot.