EVE Online

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nice posts on exploration guys! I don't like putting in all the effort for it but i know many RR guys seem to love it.

Sylas: Eve is currently in a period of massive change with more then half of null-sec up for grabs and 2 of the 3 big coalitions collapsing. A large part of this is the upcoming sov changes but also the Jump Drive nerf.

Simply put, I would really get set up and see what your alliance/corp needs before buying a capital/super. It's soo difficult to move them anywhere now to the point my alliance just self destructed our dreads and built new ones instead of moving them across the map. It took me 7 hours to bring my nag from metropolis to venal. Overall caps/supers are simply used far less. Since the jump change i have yet to even undock my Nidhoggur

Wanted to give a shoutout to one of our own at RR for helping to create the best video game or internet drama most have seen in ages. Scythe: The whole Brave coup was hilariously entertaining and I wish you guys had simply invited alt corps to keep control and create more drama!

Also for those who don't know FoH channel is still in use, but depending on your TZ might be fairly empty.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I thought caps can use gates now like any other ship?

I have like 6 caps (4 carriers and 2 dreads on 2 combat characters), in addition to 3-4 black ops. and then i have like 20-30 built ships, frig to bs.

I didn't even think about how shitty that is now for logistics. how the fuck am i going to move anywhere? I'm like alone in some random low sec system in a starter corp. I still need to find a group of ppl to roll with or a corp/alliance to join. Before this change I could move anywhere in eve in 2 hours, loading up everything in carriers, JC to empty clone then carrier load #2, then just fly back in shuttle/pod myself back for the dreads.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
heh provi is still rolling with the NRDS I see? some things never change.

I just reactivated my account after 2 year hiatus and am trying to get a handle on all the changes. I play weird TZ with DT smack dab in the middle of my play time, and no one I remember is online. Do people still kick around in the foh channel? thinking about dicking around with exploration/wh stuff to make some bankroll. before I quit I was saving up for a supercap but with the portal and jump drive changes i'm wondering if they are still worth anything? there were like 300+ titans in game 2 years ago, i'm sure there's over a thousand now, and if they aren't worth much they might be cheaper? I had a drug deal worked out for an avatar for 60bil (they were about 110bil at the time) but then that fell through and I deployed and stopped playing.
Yep, Providence is still NRDS and that's how it's going to stay.

It'll be interesting how things develop. CFC have already rung the bell of intention to come and flip SOV once Fozziesov hits and apparently it's NC. / PL coming to play too (Apprently NC. is tired of losing to CFC so they are going after easier targets (Provibloc)). Flopping down SBU's so it'll be intersting fights the next few days/months.

Myself and majority of my alts all join FOH regulary but I don't see many people there at all. Not sure where Anna Niedostopny vanished too
frown.png
Kadmoran is taking a little hiatus as per private message, RL stuffs.

Unless you're a part of a big alliance i wouldn't recommend going after a supercap. Not worth getting scammed out of it/having it blown up. If you do go into buying one, use a reliable 3rd party.

If you're not blood red, you could always come to Providence. We could use people of your caliber sooner or later
wink.png

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
i've been -10.0 since 2006, and i pretty sure i've roamed through providence once or twice and killed enough people to have made it on the naughty list. but that was years ago and idk who keeps track anymore.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't even know how I would end up red lol. I've been out of highsec maybe 5-6 times ever.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
@Mist: Your last player corporation is red, which makes you - currently in an NPC corporation - red by default or as we call it "red by last".

@Sylas: The CVA KOS checker has a long memory
biggrin.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Back when I played this game, I actually liked the really boring PvE. :/ I played EVE mostly while raiding, and just did missions with my droneboats while trying not to stand in the fire.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm thinking about starting up again. I've been paying to train my two accounts for the last year or so without actually playing(lol I know). I have two 55-60 mil Sp account with most Intel/mem core skills just about maxed and sub-cap drone skills maxed(no desire to ever fly a cap). I lived in CFC null for about a year before I stopped playing, doubt I would want to do that again. Basically just ratted, blobbed, and chased after the stray red coming through our territory the entire time. Kind of sucked now that I'm looking back on it. Might do some exploration with a T3 and a cov-op if I play again or maybe hunt other explorers like someone mentioned.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Back when I played this game, I actually liked the really boring PvE. :/ I played EVE mostly while raiding, and just did missions with my droneboats while trying not to stand in the fire.
Wait... you dual wielded MMOs?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Highsec mission running does not require that much attention, especially way back when gankers couldn't scan down sites that easily. Lots of people did it with WoW then.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yo someone help me out with a build for a stratios plz.

Like I don't get the new meta right now. when I left it was like AB scram was the new hotness ppl were using that. speed tank/shields. lasers were just starting to fall out of fashion after dominating for a few years and like projectiles were making a comeback.

now i have no idea whats going on. ppl are active tanking now? no more buffer tanks? the other day was gonna go out on a roam and this guy was like yeah i'll bring a dual rep Sac. and i'm all like wtf why would you dual rep a sac? or even fly one? when i left it was all about the zealot. So confused.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What are you planning to do with a Strat? It's a pretty versatile ship. Also, most solid Strat fits run expensive (800+). Are you sure you want to use a Strat?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
well the hull alone was 280mil so 800+ ain't really shit.

Someone in FoH channel told me about mobile depots so I definitely want the versatility of that. Primarily I wanna be able to do exploration, WHs, data, relic sites, but with the option to kill other explorers trying to take my shit. I was using a cheetah for exploration with cov cyno to bigdick in redeemer on anyone who fucked with me while exploring but jump drive changes are kinda shit and also the lack of mids really limited me so i've swapped to a helios which doesn't have the highs to fit a cov cyno. Plus I wanna keep my other character free for whatever comes up, roams, ganks, defense etc, i can always just cloak up at a safe with my explorer and undock whatev I need on my other character.

so i'm looking for a good combat fit, exploration fit, and some combination of the two.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
How is this even possible?
It's simple.

You're active, play in a neutral corp, then you join a player one.
A few months/years later you go AWOL, AFK and aren't seen by your corp members again, so they kick you from the corporation.
Later on, some time after you went idle, they join an alliance that is red or start shooting people who are blue/neutral in Providence.
Hence, the corporation gets set red.
Because of your past affiliations with that corp, you are now red even though you're in a NPC corporation.

That's basically point to point story for Mist's case.

Even though you had nothing to do with the agression your former corpies did, you aren't welcome. Ofcourse, there's multiple way to approach that.
1. The universe is big, nobody said you had to bend knee to Providence rules. You could fly just about anywhere in the galaxy without such constraints, however, keep in mind that Providence is the only region that enforces NRDS. Everywhere else, it's NBSI, which means being red to Providence and neutral to everywhere else, you'll get shot in all parts of non-High Security space.
2. You join a corporation that is neutral to Providence and you status automatically gets reset. Or you make your own. That way you make sure the members of the corporation won't go on a killing spree making you red again.
3. You join a neutral/blue corp/alliance and come live down here. You'll still be shot at in every other part of space just like you do now, but you'll have a region open to you.
4. You join a corp/alliance in other parts of space. You'll only be coming to Providence to PvP and we'll be killing you anyhow.

If you chose an option that keeps ProviBlocs standings towards you as neutral or above, you conform to the rules. Or return to one of the options where you'll be shot at again.

90Proof_sl

shitlord
I played EQ1 pvp on Vallon Zek and we also had a community enforced ruleset in addition to SOE's. If you ran around without being a member of an established guild, you were smoked on sight. Guilds were held accountable for the behavior of all their members. We still had drama, but the shit bird herd was kept thin ... or at least somewhat confined to lower levels.

I think its interesting that EVE, another mmo that requires significant player investment, has also developed its own .... code ....

elidrin_sl

shitlord
If you ever want company carebearing let me know. I mostly just train my people right now but I too enjoy shooting red crosses from time to time.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I played EQ1 pvp on Vallon Zek and we also had a community enforced ruleset in addition to SOE's. If you ran around without being a member of an established guild, you were smoked on sight. Guilds were held accountable for the behavior of all their members. We still had drama, but the shit bird herd was kept thin ... or at least somewhat confined to lower levels.

I think its interesting that EVE, another mmo that requires significant player investment, has also developed its own .... code ....
the vast majority of Eve operates off of NBSI (not blue shoot it) which means everyone other than your allies are fair game and killed on sight.

provi is weird going back over a decade, it's like this land of weird Roleplayer/carebears and they instituted NRDS (not red, don't shoot) meaning that unless you/your corp/alliance has ever attacked people in providence, you are neutral and thus they won't shoot first.

but since the other 99% of eve doesn't operate off of NRDS, everyone else goes to providence and just kills people, they don't respect or care for the rules that provi uses, and thus all of eve is just set red, and provi shoots everyone anyway.

The only people who can really take advantage of the NRDS that provi uses is carebears and new players. people who live in empire and don't pvp or haven't really pvp'd yet. they are allowed to go to provi, and if they follow the rules they can live there.

So what started as roleplayers ended up really favoring carebear types, which invites the rest of eve in to kill said carebear types, which is a nice vicious cycle. Providence is an attractive destination for roaming gangs and road trips by the rest of eve because of this. They see more combat that a lot of other places in eve so they get experienced pretty quick, which in turns provides for better content for the pvpers.