Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You guys not getting groups - are you forming groups or trying to lfg your way in? Sorry to be a jerk but if you did not go tank, cleric, enc, or have a pet... you cannot be beta as fuck and expect much. Form your own group, and either hop into a pick with open live camps or fight for gobs or whatever. Or make a tank, cleric, or enc.

This is EXACTLY the same as it was on phinny.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so where you getting your deeps from? the tank?

I think the point is when a tank leaves, they are replaced by 1 of 3 classes. Cleric by 1 (or possibly up to 3 if you don't care about res). And Ench by 1.

If a DPS leaves, they are replaced by 1 of 7 classes.

This means it's generally easier to get picked up by groups when LFGing as a Tank, Cleric or Ench than anything else.

yerm

so where you getting your deeps from? the tank?

The enchanter(s) mostly.

When looking at /lfg for a dps replacement, if I see an enchanter there, why send the rogue a tell? If enc says no and I see some mages and necros, why ask the rogue? I will ask the non-pet dps when there are no other options, or I want them to tank or pull.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
read last couple pages, this whole experience sounds miserable. what is even the appeal anymore?

is it just pure nostalgia?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
@Moogalak my bad on deleting guild without notice, was considering joining another guild so I had to delete because it wouldn't let me remove since I was leader. decided against it though, think I'm going to reform tonight under "Hell Yeah" let me know if you want in.

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
You guys not getting groups - are you forming groups or trying to lfg your way in? Sorry to be a jerk but if you did not go tank, cleric, enc, or have a pet... you cannot be beta as fuck and expect much. Form your own group, and either hop into a pick with open live camps or fight for gobs or whatever. Or make a tank, cleric, or enc.

Agreed.

It seems a lot faster to just throw together a "McHale's Navy" of a group than to sit around asking to join already running groups. The /pick feature really helps to be able to camp a spawn location too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
Agreed.

It seems a lot faster to just throw together a "McHale's Navy" of a group than to sit around asking to join already running groups. The /pick feature really helps to be able to camp a spawn location too.
Every pick is usually packed at far as camps go. That doesn't necessarily mean enough people to make a new pick though.

It's not even so much "being beta". You try forming a group with the people 30+. Now everyone is specifically saying in their LFG message they are looking for specific camps AND as a replacement spot (meaning the camp is already going and the group is formed). It's bullshit but that is what this has become so adapt or die.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't had too many issues getting groups as a druid, and most of them have been good groups. I'm sure it's going to get tougher at top end without CH though. By then I'll have a second box, just not sure what it will be.

kudos

<Banned>
I haven't had too many issues getting groups as a druid, and most of them have been good groups. I'm sure it's going to get tougher at top end without CH though. By then I'll have a second box, just not sure what it will be.
You won't have troubles as a healer. CH is shit for mana. Why cast CH when 60%+ of your mana is gone? It's overkill unless you're raiding and I don't even know if CLR use it in Classic raiding.

Hell, I've seen more druids actually DPS than mage/wizard because the latter just AFK 90% of the time anyway. Worthless.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I remember even back in the day, any healer was GtG, especially in a shortage of healers(because cleric is boring as fuck to play). You might have a slight bit more downtime every 10 min than pure cleric, but good enough for any chain pulling group.

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
I'm a bard so I've found myself resorting to the same group-forming tactic that I used 18 years ago. I just do a / all *level and class* and send tells to everyone that comes up.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The average skill level for players here is the biggest issue.

A cleric is just a crutch, any healer can fill the role but the group as a whole needs to do their fucking job to mitigate as much damage as possible. Breaking Mez, not taunting mobs before Mez breaks, taunting charm pets when charm breaks, managing your aggro if you outgear everyone else.

All these situations are huge chunks of Mana saved or lost depending if they're done or not.

Last night I had a monk that broke Mez on a necromancers charm pet twice and ended up killing the necro because he wasn't paying attention and assumed the mob was a pop. That situation undoubtedly pissed the necro off and was a huge waste of time for the entire group.

We also had to deal with a hasted ghoul which wasn't impossible with another charm pet but if mine had broke too and I got a string of resists on Mez things could quickly get out of control fast.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well its not fucking rocket science to have one more extra thing to consider in this game than wow, which is CC. Besides, are not all these people veterans which played the shit out fo EQ back in the day/phinny?

yerm

Well its not fucking rocket science to have one more extra thing to consider in this game than wow, which is CC. Besides, are not all these people veterans which played the shit out fo EQ back in the day/phinny?

In my limited experience most people suck. For all but a few classes it's really a pass/fail rather than a sliding scale, and both a know how to play and paying fucking attention scale at that.

Phinny was attracting based on no boxing and wide raiding access. It attracted people who wanted to be at the top but lacked time and/or aggressiveness, and people who wanted to focus on their character. It was a shockingly good showing compared to combine, fippy, or now agnarr. I suspect because agnarr's attraction is capping at pop it attracted too many nostalgic bads or something.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guessing when SoV opens the BFG quest will still be gone?

I want to play a ranger again but I know it would probably be dead last on the want list.