Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Can't believe people are paying krono for steins...

I really wanted to do the Stein runs but leveling has been my priority. Think I wasted too much time soloing at the beginning since I gained 6 levels in like 3ish hours in unrest using torklar as a charm and hit 22 last night.

Also haven't used any XP pots which I really should have last night but I banked them at the start because I knew launch was going to waste them also inventory space was premium without p2w bag.

So far I haven't paid a dime to play, after liquidating my phinny gear for Krono.

Despite not being anywhere close to 50 I'm having fun and I think that's most important.

Seems faceless is bombarded with forum scrubs so I haven't bothered to apply, which means I might have to raid with some other fucking retarded guild that takes 12 hours to do anything.

That was the worst about phinny, I busted my ass leveling and always wound up in shit tier guilds. When you get a pass with the wife to level and promise raiding isn't a huge time commitment (it shouldn't be) and then you're taking all fucking day to do a single raid you're gonna have a bad time.

Hopefully I find a decent guild this time around.

Yeah I sort of regret missing out on all this exp, but I have a lot of multi tasking I need to do this weekend unfortunately so I can't really dedicate myself to a group that much. Plus I am trying to take it slow this time around and just enjoy, working out well so far, as long as I don't start thinking about how I'm missing out on the l33ts. Stein is really easy to do while multi tasking. Most of it is camping in and out and auto run.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
For me the craziest thing was the 90 Ogres in Feerrot with another 60 in Oggok. That's never, ever, ever happened in EQ. Obviously the same is true with having hundreds in Unrest lol, but this is awesome. I mean it sucks not being able to find a camp sometimes, but wow. I knew this would be popular. DBG is going to start pouring all of their attention into TLP servers. Hopefully they can find a way to make it last. I know many have said this is their last hurrah, but personally I wouldn't mind a TLP every couple years or so, specially if they fix old zones.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
welp hopefully after i get back from sunset music festival all the casuals will be at work tuesday and camps open! lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Unrest having 40+ picks last night was amazing to see.

Took me forever to get a group for anything last night. Finally get one and we instantly wipe in the throne room in CB, then they want to try unrest because every time we switch picks we get trained at the ent. Finally get a wall spot in unrest and they invite a 6th random dude walking by. Turns out he's too high level for me and I sit there for 30min not realizing I'm not getting any XP because I'm stupid and wasn't checking. So fucking pissed. I got to 10 before I had to head to bed. This fucking sucks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Took me forever to get a group for anything last night. Finally get one and we instantly wipe in the throne room in CB, then they want to try unrest because every time we switch picks we get trained at the ent. Finally get a wall spot in unrest and they invite a 6th random dude walking by. Turns out he's too high level for me and I sit there for 30min not realizing I'm not getting any XP because I'm stupid and wasn't checking. So fucking pissed. I got to 10 before I had to head to bed. This fucking sucks.

Oh man I'm sorry. Classic EQ :/. Don't get discouraged, bad camps and bad experiences like that happen. Yesterday we had an hour of garbage trying to establish an Uguk group and then finally we got set up and blasted through levels.

Quick reminder that you can group with someone 1.5x+1 your level. So if you are level 8, you can group with a 13. If you are 20, you can group with a 31, etc.

Is there an official way to transform Kronos into station cash? Doubt it, but worth a shot to ask.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We only saw one scryer last night and some other group stole the kill

So the screenshot thing, that's the old spot, and it is full of phinny and older stuff, but nothing from last night. Now you get this weird share thing, which I always immediately closed. I guess if you close it it never saves a file. What was wrong with just writing a goddamn jpg out?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe it was just bad timing but Runnyeye is the only place I haven't seen overcamped here. Ran over last night hoping to get in a group for some decent exp/loot, and there were only 6 people in the entire zone and 0 picks.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
For me the craziest thing was the 90 Ogres in Feerrot with another 60 in Oggok. That's never, ever, ever happened in EQ. Obviously the same is true with having hundreds in Unrest lol, but this is awesome. I mean it sucks not being able to find a camp sometimes, but wow. I knew this would be popular. DBG is going to start pouring all of their attention into TLP servers. Hopefully they can find a way to make it last. I know many have said this is their last hurrah, but personally I wouldn't mind a TLP every couple years or so, specially if they fix old zones.

They should open a second server while this double exp weekend is going on. Sounds like there's easily enough players to support two servers. One oversaturated server going to cause more people to cancel sooner.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
They should open a second server while this double exp weekend is going on. Sounds like there's easily enough players to support two servers. One oversaturated server going to cause more people to cancel sooner.

That is without a doubt the worst possible thing they could ever do. It does seem with Phinny & Agnarr though they learned their lesson, and will hopefully never repeat that mistake ever again. The server pop will decrease substantially in a month and 1 server will hold everyone just fine, especially with pickzones.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yeah maybe my stack has just been extremely lucky but we've been able to claim nearly every camp we've wanted so far. Seems a majority of the people don't even use the pickzone because you will have a shitload in the start zone with half or less in the others.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Jesus christ grouping with a Warrior is such a liability/manasink. It's just a detriment to your group. I understand it's rough on them not being able to solo and having no gear until 50 and even then some, but shit, I do not want any Warriors near my group lol. They may as well stand off and shoot arrows for 0.5dps. Also, getting a LFG mage to join your group only to find out that they "didn't have enough moneys to get their pet" is the worst. This mage is using a pet from 6 levels ago ffs!! You don't get to LFG as a mage unless you have your most recent pets mother fucker! How much does the level 17 pet in OOT cost anyways? Like 3p?

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah these first levels can be a pain for some pet classes. Hell, I think both the level 16 and 20 Necro pet are research only, and there are only a few people i've seen actually doing the research right now (and then assraping people on the prices for their spells). Mages luck up with at least SOME of their pets being purchasable.

Speaking of which I need to get started on Enchanter research. I wasn't around when they changed it up so now I got a new system to learn.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
most people still suck at EQ in 2017 guys

check p1999 if you need further proof

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
5 hours sleep last night, after being up nearly 24 due to work + EQ just wasn't enough. Pushed 14 levels this morning ending at 34. Gonna nap for a while and then come back later tonight, and be on for a long other while. Time for some Lguk action! Done with BR!

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

Everyone except Elderan knew people loved fresh progression servers.

Russians took over the game and now they milk progression servers for dollars.

This new guard at least gets it on some level, sans the shitty old codebase they have to work around.