Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Druid and Shaman dot lines are now consolidated so you can only apply 1 of each line, but it will do more damage than they used to. Also, Druids and Shaman now get superior heal in the low/mid 40s and Paladins at 48 instead of in the 50s, which is a pretty huge deal in classic.

Which was really nice change. Playing a Shaman myself just this past spring on live and some emus it seemed like it was kind of waste of a box slot. Now PoP era and before the slows were really powerful, so you were essentially a buff/slow bitch. I found out quickly on my 3 box crew post like lv70 on live that there just isnt any time for any of that dot bullshit and the slows dont land for 100% anymore. Shit is dead even before a few ticks of the first dot you cast. Maybe on some bosses/nameds you get that extra 20-30 seconds where you can apply a few and they actually tick off but for most grinding the shit is useless. (box of course, maybe its different playing a lone shaman) To tell you the truth I would of rather had an extra deeps or maybe even a chanter for that AE mezz when shit went south with pulls. My box crew was SK, Ranger, Shaman and 3 mercs. On emu I played SK, Monk, Cleric,Shaman.

kudos

<Banned>
If ANYONE wants to join my group of non-poopsockers (I use that loosely) then PM me. I already have people interested! I am setting up a mini chat in-game once server comes up until we can start grouping with Faceless poopsockers (assuming we ever catch up before their static groups hit 50). This by no means is a static group as most (if not all) will also be in Faceless guild chat and be LFG there too! This is more for just server start.

We will be playing roughly from 5/6pm - 2am EST Wed/Thur & Friday 5pm - Whenever you pass out until Monday night (US holiday)!

I WILL be poopsocking come friday night all weekend + Monday.

If it helps your race/class choice I will be starting on Faydwer (I refuse to give any more info as spies are among us).

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Those are the words they used, correct.

I just went there and looked and it is still nothing like it was. I'm not entirely sure what they fixed there.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Those are the words they used, correct.

I just went there and looked and it is still nothing like it was. I'm not entirely sure what they fixed there.

I think I read they just increased the spawn rate dramatically. Not sure if they fixed the density issues.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Now why would they fuck with spawn rates days before new prog server release? WTF are those morons thinking? Now quickly scrambling to fix it, lol.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Doing a little more running around and I would describe Everfrost as serviceable. The sea of spawns by the PoK book location are gone but the rest of the zone seems fine. Decent density if you start following the paths out to the south. You can't just stand in one spot and kill infinite bear cubs for quest crap but there is a decent amount of stuff to kill.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Now why would they fuck with spawn rates days before new prog server release? WTF are those morons thinking? Now quickly scrambling to fix it, lol.

Well they tinkered with it for the better, because there was a major issue. There's a video showing this guy run around Everfrost newbie area for about 15 minutes only to find 4 mobs. And the devs were just denying it and somehow not seeing it when they logged in. One dev even said it was some intentional thing done in GoD to aid new Berserkers leveling up (lol, really? Berserkers in nektulos??). And that it was reversed later on because ... no new berserkers I guess? haha fucking idiots.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
Well they tinkered with it for the better, because there was a major issue. There's a video showing this guy run around Everfrost newbie area for about 15 minutes only to find 4 mobs. And the devs were just denying it and somehow not seeing it when they logged in. One dev even said it was some intentional thing done in GoD to aid new Berserkers leveling up (lol, really? Berserkers in nektulos??). And that it was reversed later on because ... no new berserkers I guess? haha fucking idiots.

Berserkers were in Nektulos because at the time Trolls got kicked out of Grobb and were in Neriak.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
(lol, really? Berserkers in nektulos??).

You see, during this time period the troll holocaust had occurred and they were all in Neriak. It was a dark time. If you made a troll berserker it shat you out in Neriak.

I hope that felt as nerdy for you to read as it did for me when I saw that explanation on the Daybreak forums.

edit - beaten by kudos

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user