Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I feel like I am going off to war.

Got a bunch of loose end type errands tied up. Gathered supplies. Spent some extra time with the wife last night and made her a nice dinner (home made Gnocchi with brown butter and sage). Said goodbye to some friends for a couple days.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kudos

<Banned>
I feel like I am going off to war.

Got a bunch of loose end type errands tied up. Gathered supplies. Spent some extra time with the wife last night and made her a nice dinner (home made Gnocchi with brown butter and sage). Said goodbye to some friends for a couple days.
Make sure you also have a water jug to piss in and a sock to poop into. Then you can say you're fully ready.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
You'll be 50 in no time anyway and bards are almost def going to be the most desired class for raid splits on this server. Would heavily recommend it f you are interested at all.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If you've never mained an Enchanter I would highly, highly recommend it. I never played an Enchanter until Progression and they are so much fun, particularly on these types of servers where Charm and Clarity are even more amazing. You can make more platinum than anybody else, you are self reliant, in high demand, and you don't have to do jewelry if you don't want to, but it's a nice bonus and you can at least make the starting jewelry that is still useful. If you do do jewelry and you do it faster than most, you also make bank.

It's also a class with a lot of depth. You can solo in a variety of different ways and obviously group in a variety of different ways, but everyone is going to want you to charm of course. Charming isn't as hard as some people that have never played Enc think. I mean you can't ninja afk or afk for a while in a group as easily as other classes can, but other than that it's not bad. Charm almost always lasts for its full duration nowadays (although maybe that's different on progression now? they've made so many changes to charm on progression servers and throughout the years I can't keep track). And since you'll almost definitely be with a group, you don't have to panic about charm breaking. Even if you are solo if you play smart, it's not a big deal (one of my favorite box/duos is Enc/Dru for the SoW/Snare that makes charm kiting even better).

Don't miss out on the chance to play an Enchanter if you've never played one. Too fun/unique of a class to not experience at least once. Also it doesn't matter that there will likely be a billion Enchanters because they are so highly desired it doesn't matter. I've noticed there are more and more Enchanters at every new progression wave lol. The first server didn't have that many, but then on Lockjaw there were loads. Anyways, Enc are gods.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its also one of the only classes on live that does not suck from lv 12-100. Most other classes go through droughts.

Also another bonus is that they an go anywhere, any city, any town, no faction religion bullshit to stop them.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Its also one of the only classes on live that does not suck from lv 12-100. Most other classes go through droughts.

Also another bonus is that they an go anywhere, any city, any town, no faction religion bullshit to stop them.

Yup I love that aspect. I've always been really OCD with faction and I consider it a huge plus to be able to go anywhere. Doesn't matter what race you are as an Enchanter, once you get your Illusions, you can not only go anywhere, but buy anywhere and do loads of quests other people wouldn't be able to do. Although Human Agnostic Enchanters have it even better. You could say Enchanters have a raid drought, but it's not really that big of a deal. Enchanters are gods in PoP group content more than any other class in any other expansion too I feel like. Having an Enchanter in a PoP exp group is like doubling your exp if not tripling it.

So glad I picked up a few Kronos like 2 months ago when the server was announced. They are impossible to find on FV right now and are up to 2mil. I'm so tempted to poopsock, but I hate that stressful feeling you get when you get hardcore into it and feel like you can't log off no matter what. Hopefully I can find a good group that is playing a decent amount, but not insanely crazy.

Lol omg did they nerf selling your starting Robe/Chest piece from the guildmaster note you start with? Just tried it on a Barb Shaman and she won't give me jack for it. Was it only ever Robes or something? I swear I've done it on all classes. Was always huge for getting that pet spell/damage spell before you roll out.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i wonder how much faster exp will be? not gonna have time to start until tomorrow so looking forward to hearing. is it ragefire speed?

kudos

<Banned>
Considering XP pots are in at level 1 I'd be surprised if there wasn't a 50 by Friday afternoon.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
I remember bards being solo masters in PoP - specifically HoHonor. I think that got nerfed though.

I almost want to level a necro just for that sweet sweet CoDecay soloing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you've never mained an Enchanter I would highly, highly recommend it. I never played an Enchanter until Progression and they are so much fun, particularly on these types of servers where Charm and Clarity are even more amazing. You can make more platinum than anybody else, you are self reliant, in high demand, and you don't have to do jewelry if you don't want to, but it's a nice bonus and you can at least make the starting jewelry that is still useful. If you do do jewelry and you do it faster than most, you also make bank.

It's also a class with a lot of depth. You can solo in a variety of different ways and obviously group in a variety of different ways, but everyone is going to want you to charm of course. Charming isn't as hard as some people that have never played Enc think. I mean you can't ninja afk or afk for a while in a group as easily as other classes can, but other than that it's not bad. Charm almost always lasts for its full duration nowadays (although maybe that's different on progression now? they've made so many changes to charm on progression servers and throughout the years I can't keep track). And since you'll almost definitely be with a group, you don't have to panic about charm breaking. Even if you are solo if you play smart, it's not a big deal (one of my favorite box/duos is Enc/Dru for the SoW/Snare that makes charm kiting even better).

Don't miss out on the chance to play an Enchanter if you've never played one. Too fun/unique of a class to not experience at least once. Also it doesn't matter that there will likely be a billion Enchanters because they are so highly desired it doesn't matter. I've noticed there are more and more Enchanters at every new progression wave lol. The first server didn't have that many, but then on Lockjaw there were loads. Anyways, Enc are gods.

If I have the werewithal to play two characters. My second will be an enchanter. But for now its a shaman.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I remember bards being solo masters in PoP - specifically HoHonor. I think that got nerfed though.

I almost want to level a necro just for that sweet sweet CoDecay soloing.

From what I read, you can still charm/swarm kite. AE kiting is no longer possible.