Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was hanging out with cutelittlecow on twitch and an eq dev in there said sound mods were ok as long as you don't gain any advantage from it. I'm using headphones now and the thunder sound is absolutely ear splitting. There are a few door and coin noises I want to tweak eventually too, but here's my first stab at new rain sounds:

Dropbox - 2017-06-09-1621-21.flv

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Couple of questions. Did the guise of the deceiver drop every time in classic eq? Everyone in my group got one in a matter of hours.

What was their rationale for omitting rubicite from the loot database?

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I feel the opposite. Groups that are desperate for reps usually have a reason for it, and usually that reason is someone up and bailed on the people inviting you. I have had pretty shit luck joining established groups.

My best xp group involved me spreading my tell seed and churning shit members until I had a rockstar group. Did 18-34 with that crew in sola then lguk. I got a LOT of "no"s along the way.

Alternatively, I try to actively AVOID the people parked lfg. If they're idle with nobody to carry them I just assume they'll be lazy with 5 suckers grouped. People spamming from a zoneline are the worst.

For sure, honestly people sitting LFG are my last choice, usually I'm sending tells to higher level classes I'm looking for who aren't LFG first.

If they have patience to sit LFG on their ass, they are most likely going to semi afk the entire group session and also be, not good.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Anyone want to farm bilge farfathom for mad krono/cash from Reed belts and pearl kedge totem while you're all still in classic?

I made a fortune from bilge on phinigel

First you must be a tracker. Ranger is best, druid works fine. You'll kill the pH, run back to center island and wait for your new spawn pH, every time.

Second, anytime dagnors cauldron crashes, or a pick opens(often with people loading up to do phiny), as soon as the pick or crashed zone is up, go to it and hit track, the first non npc named mob on track is bilge or his PH. There will be like the four dildo npc dudes at the top of track, maybe the dwarf trader guy, and maybe the named that drops the ingot for cleric armor(he is Not bilge pH) so the first rat or skeleton or goblin or whatever after those named Is going to be bilge or his PH.

Bilge pH is on like a 110second respawn, every other mob in zone is on like a 50 second respawn.

If you didn't get lucky with a crash or a new pick, it's going to be hard.

You will have to open track, kill the top mob, count how many seconds it takes to respawn. If it's 110 or whatever(think that's correct), then congrats you're on the pH. Kill it every time it spawns and you'll farm bilge all day long, especially if you get in your own pick(heard picks close now though?)

If the top mob you killed respawned in 50 seconds or whatever, now you must write down a list with pencil and paper of that respawns name, and avoid it now. Now go to the next mob, kill it and see how long it takes to respawn ...You get the idea. You basically will go down the track list timing each kill until you find the one mob in the zone on a longer respawn timer than all the others.

kEEP in mind, those four dildo NPCs are constantly killing shit. So while you are waiting on the timer for you mob you killed, well they killed shit too, and you may have stuff respawn RIGHT around the longer respawn window and fuck your brain up.

One way to help find the pH fast is to have someone constantly kill those four dudes, and the dwarf on the island who kills shit too. If NPCs are dead and not killing shit, it makes your track list a whole hell of a lot easier finding the correct pH.

Definitely use a stopwatch and hit it as soon as you kill each mob to time correctly, trust me shit gets fucked up fast if you are not 100% paying attention.

Some days you'll find the pH in the first 10 kills down your track list, some days it will be at the bottom and you'll have a huge list written out on pencil.and paper of what is NOT a pH. Some days you'll spend an hour+, and npc will kill a mob that times right with your kill, and lead you down a wild goose chase endlessly.

Anyways. Hope this helps, if you need more clarification please post or PM me. Once you get the hang of it, it's really not that bad to find ph and get to farming.

If this post happens to help any of you, I would definitely accept some parcel banded armor or some shit for my level 6 shaman on agnarr named Hutorn. Still not sure if I'm going to make a full go yet, but having a little shit would make it a much easier decision.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Couple of questions. Did the guise of the deceiver drop every time in classic eq? Everyone in my group got one in a matter of hours.

What was their rationale for omitting rubicite from the loot database?

I believe rubicite does get added to CT at some point. It did on LJ.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Dunno been in groups and filled spots with LFG players and it turned out fine. Kept groups going after people have left with LFG players and it was fine. Wish i was a lucky class that could semi afk in groups, healing was a shitty job sometimes in these groups i maybe did i dunno 5 levels total grouping dps as a druid.

Did all leveling healing prior to level 40ish and then did some dps to lvl 49. Didnt think i could keep up with the healing in places like Hole but managed just fine minus one group where all we did was evac most of the time cause of people pulling or not holding aggro.Shit was a headache, dumb ranger and necro were terrible.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wood elf for best plate velious textures

Um I haven't seen Velious textures work in forever??? I tried and tried and tried in options, and everything said they should work, but they don't. You sure you've seen them work on live?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Um I haven't seen Velious textures work in forever??? I tried and tried and tried in options, and everything said they should work, but they don't. You sure you've seen them work on live?
you have to do something like "velious textures = true" or something in a txt file

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
you have to do something like "velious textures = true" or something in a txt file

Well no shit. That doesn't work, never has for me at least. It's listed for each race as well, and you can turn something else to false etc. I even did a petition once. I have tried every combination. Nothing works. Are you absolutely 100% sure you have seen velious textures on a live server in the last 8 years?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's up to me unfortunately and I don't really know enough about our players to try something.

We have lock outs for Hate and Fear already so that's out.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the guild with a full set of resist gear and we still have tons of sub 50s so any dragon I think would be out.

I was thinking Phinny but coordinating 72 players down into that pit seems like a one way trip to a drinking problem.

Zaide Zaide you are the big dick around here what do you think we could do?

I'd say open world Maestro of Rancor or instanced Lady Vox. Make sure you have a puller who isn't brain dead to pull giants. Sky could be fun because after island two you get to tell 1750 of your members to go home because they don't have keys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm playing cleric, so I don't worry about the healer ninja afking. If the enchanter does it's worth kicking in the long run even if it kills the flow short term, and if anyone else does the group can live without them. I feel bad for groups with clerics who afk.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having your entire raid at those stairs fighting everything in the sides and aggroing the pats from above is just bad. Literally watched your guys keep pulling mobs onto to you via stream, while trying to fight all the t2 on sides/multiple dracos, revanants etc.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not gonna lie, the rage on those streams made my cock rock hard especially when it was their own fault.