Everquest II

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, and as mentioned before, so many of the later xpac hard mode encounters were all about Inquisitors curing curse. Now you need one in each group? You automatically can not have every class in attendance. I think the sweet spot would have been 36-42 man raids. It would have caused a hell of a lot less drama. You have enough problems with shitty game mechanics, now you force people to sit out of raids.. sometimes useless for an entire expansion until the pendulum swings back in their favor? It's no wonder this game fell on it's face with poor subs and high turnover.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
A few friends and I are gonna try out the caster comp: Shadowknight, Fury, Troubador, Wiz/Lock, Conj/Necro, and Illy. If it's "pick an expack to be in" instead of true TLP, then we'll probably play EoF or RoK. I loved RoK because of the epic weapon quests, but leveling 70-80 took soooo long.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Even better - you can't just up and change classes because the gear you'll need comes from all over the place and is possibly several expansions old.

Wait, I forgot, that's supposed to be one of the "good" parts.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Even better - you can't just up and change classes because the gear you'll need comes from all over the place and is possibly several expansions old.

Wait, I forgot, that's supposed to be one of the "good" parts.
Yeah, EQ2 is definitely flawed but I would be playing for nostalgia more than anything else. Even if I didn't raid, my goals would probably be to clear Estate of Unrest (EoF), get my epic weapon (RoK), or clear Outer Stronghold and Varsoon (TSO) depending on which expansion I pick (assuming that it's "pick-an-expansion" and not TLP).

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
So what healer would be good to go with starting on this server? Templars are the "Cleric" of EQ2 right? I've heard druids are actually decent there though unlike EQ.

And how do Necros compare to Wizard/Warlock dps wise?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Templars are the better healer, but Inquisitors are better at curing curse later down the line (with AA).

Warlock will be king for AE dps. Single target would be Wiz, Nec, Warlock.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Templars are always gods in this game except for DoV
I mained Templar in KoS - TSO and I can confirm this. Repent was probably one of (if not) the most OP tank heals in the game. That being said, they were suuuuuper boring to play.

Conjurers have always been trash, right? One of my friends tells me that the Conj's myth pet made them better than Necros but everyone I knew was playing Necro for Lifeburn.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
EoF would by far be the best era of the game to play imo.

You have KoS and Mara still being relevant, and EoF had some of the best current raid content on it's own. PHH was always lols on a good server for contested (Najena was a trollfest at it). You have Avatars, EH, TNT (trollolol) and you're still at a time of the game where ACT isn't mandatory and you can deal with things based purely on animations of mobs.

It's just the most useful content that is actually relatively enjoyable.

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
I mained Templar in KoS - TSO and I can confirm this. Repent was probably one of (if not) the most OP tank heals in the game. That being said, they were suuuuuper boring to play.

Conjurers have always been trash, right? One of my friends tells me that the Conj's myth pet made them better than Necros but everyone I knew was playing Necro for Lifeburn.
Templars were super fun to play, and conj's were always decent atleast; they are probably gonna keep current swarm pet mechanics which is gonna break summoners at lower levels.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Beta server in July:pvp time-locked server discussion thread

Beta in July. Yes. I said July.

Yes, pvp is getting their own Beta server. Yup.
As Kander said, he will go over the details in the forums as we get them worked out. To answer some bigger questions, the following is TRUE:
Both servers will require membership.
This is NOT a Project 2004 project. We will NOT have the original stat and class systems.
Lots of features will be locked according to past releases, i.e. prestige housing, AAs, research, BGs, and a growing list of things we are picking up from feedback.
We will offer limited marketplace items but want input. We'll run a poll on some item questions by server type (PvP, PvE).
We will run a vote on unlocking preferences for each server type (PvP, PvE) pre- and post- launch. We want each server to manage its own destiny according to the players who are on it also.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
That post reads to me like they want to use the current server code but lock you to old shit in the game. I hope they realize this doesn't work. Especially with shit like gear in it's current form instead of what it was then.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
You mean gear that would essentially let you solo raid mobs is a bad thing?

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_99917.jpg