Everquest II

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
My suggestion would be to join a guild. The population in EQ2 isn't very big but its a pretty good community. I have groups running every night without issue. Everyone has been willing to help. Your reputation is actually relevant in a smaller community so you have people less likely to act like douchebags.

I'm having a blast, been playing a little over a month. If you do decide to sub/play, just let me know.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
Well I can't play there cause I have a free account but thanks I wil hit you up if I decide to sub. If I do, it's likely to be some time down the road when I have more time to invest...

What server are you on? The inlaws are coming this week for about 2 weeks, but I may be able to play after, depending on what server we are on. I have a level 90 Paladin. My wiz may be 90 too. I think my Brigand is still 80 though.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
What server are you on? The inlaws are coming this week for about 2 weeks, but I may be able to play after, depending on what server we are on. I have a level 90 Paladin. My wiz may be 90 too. I think my Brigand is still 80 though.
I made a character on every server just to find people to play with. I think my characters are resting on Halls of Fate, though. Seemed to have the least idiots/best pop when I was on.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was on Antonial Bayle with Mistwalkers. Switched to another server (I think?) and was raiding against the Avatars. Definitely brought back memories because of slow loading zones. I thought Echoes of Faydwer was an amazing expansion.

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
I made a character on every server just to find people to play with. I think my characters are resting on Halls of Fate, though. Seemed to have the least idiots/best pop when I was on.

I am going to have to see what server I'm on, haha. I'll try to check later tonight.

Edit: lol whats up with my Avatar? LA? Is that just some default one or something?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I am going to have to see what server I'm on, haha. I'll try to check later tonight.

Edit: lol whats up with my Avatar? LA? Is that just some default one or something?

Default avatar is just the first two letters of your username. I think.

Let me know what server you are on and I'll remake my character there. Who should I add to my friendslist?

jsquirrel

Molten Core Raider
Nobody's mentioned this yet?
DING! Heroic Characters Have Leveled Up!

DING! Level 95!

Beginning their journey in the Tranquil Sea, new Heroic Characters will venture into the battles of Norrath starting as Level 95 Adventurers!

Want to experience these new Heroic Characters for yourself? Log in to EverQuest II by 12:00PM (Noon) PT on Tuesday, September 6, 2016, and you will get your first Level 95 Heroic Character FOR FREE!

A few things to note:

If you have previously purchased a Heroic Character, it will not automatically become Level 95. Only new Heroic Characters begin at this level.

You must have had an EQ2 account in good standing on/prior to 12:00PM PT on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 in order to get the free Heroic Character. If you create a brand new account, it will not be eligible for the promotion, unless the account has membership.

The free Heroic Character must be redeemed to level a new or existing character to 95 prior to the end of this promotion on 12:00PM (Noon) PT on Tuesday, September 6, 2016.

Daybreak's granting free level 95 Heroic characters for all accounts (created before the 23rd) in addition to the yearly subscription deal they're running (plus there seems to be some double currency thing going too; I got 2 Loyalty Tokens for doing my dailies even though I'm currently unsubscribed).

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
Nobody's mentioned this yet?
DING! Heroic Characters Have Leveled Up!

Daybreak's granting free level 95 Heroic characters for all accounts (created before the 23rd) in addition to the yearly subscription deal they're running (plus there seems to be some double currency thing going too; I got 2 Loyalty Tokens for doing my dailies even though I'm currently unsubscribed).

Nice, I will definitely have to log in early then.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
New Expansion: Kunark Ascending

September 2016 EQ2 Producer's Letter: Let's Talk Expansion

Greetings citizens of Norrath!

Fall is on the doorstep! What does that mean? Expansion news, of course!

We have some epic adventures in store this year as we delve into undiscovered areas of a familiar continent in our thirteenth expansion, EverQuest II: Kunark Ascending! Quite a bit of time has passed since we have explored Kunark’s secrets and there are some great stories to be told and adventures to be had. Danger awaits you in the Crypt of Dalnir, Kaesora, Warslik’s Wood and more!

Here’s a small peek of one of the new NPCs that will be in this expansion!

721.gif

The launch of EverQuest II: Kunark Ascending is scheduled for November. We’ll have a lot more to share with you regarding EverQuest II: Kunark Ascending in October when we start talking about expansion features, open up pre-orders, and make beta available.

In addition to working on the expansion all year, launching Game Updates 100 and 101, Progression Servers, and event server updates, the team has also put together a beta for some new PvP Battlegrounds content that you’ll see in early September. More news coming next week on Battlegrounds!

And, to take the leap into the leaves of fall, we are running a series of promotions from September through to the expansion launch:

• This weekend, members get 40% off in-store purchases from September 1st 12PM PDT through September 6th 12PM PDT. At the same time we’ll be serving up Double XP for EVERYONE!
  • EverQuest II: Terrors of Thalumbra will also be on sale at 50% off from September 1st 12PM PDT through October 5th 12PM PDT. Note that the option to purchase the Collector’s or Premium Edition of EverQuest II: Terrors of Thalumbra that comes with unique bonus items won’t be available after pre-orders forEverQuest II: Kunark Ascending begins in October.
  • To help you get your characters prepared for our next expansion, we are going to run another weeks-long “Gear Up, Level Up” event this year. There will be bonuses each week in October through to expansion launch, like adventure, AA, tradeskill XP bonuses, status boosts, and more!

There is a lot to come in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! We are grateful to each and every one of our players and thank you for your support!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I also do not like this recent concept of weapon switching. I just can't get behind it and it just serves no purpose to me besides making force to press a button for no reason.

I'm not sure how this is fundamentally different than having a bunch of skills to press, which you like. It's one button to get to more skills. The nice thing about it is is the different playstyles it opens up, like in GW2. Though, that could certainly be done other ways. It just seems like a really small difference. I guess you have to get more weapons but what loot acquisition is already a bit part of any MMORPG.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Let us just announce this expansion but all we've got for you is 1 bad picture and a name. BUT HEY BUY THIS STUFF!

lol

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
eq2 marking team is the only good money maker lets face it. how many people are going to buy crap b/c it makes there house look pretty or b/c it a holiday.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Friends YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT IS NEEDED.

A long time name in the community has died and his family needs your support. Many of you will remember this name Stonestrong.
If you ever had the chance to play with / raid with this guy it was a good time in group chat. one of the best pally's i ever meet.

Jacob P. Moore's Obituary on Houma Today

14675769_1474386176.8884.jpg

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm on as Greene. I got my epic the same day I hit 80 (current cap on TLE). Was hoping to get my mythical upgrade (more epic than the epic!) but it's like a bad comedy, I've missed now 4 of my guild's Venril Sathir fights. I've done the odds, and at 2 days a month I can't raid, that's 1 in 923521. I should play the lottery :*(

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
To be fair you could turn a lot of that shit off. That doesn't make the game worth playing though

I would have most of the numbers turned off, a lot of the shit in chat, the quest log, some of the hot bars don't need to be on, etc

Lawrs_EQ2

N00b
Friends YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT IS NEEDED.

A long time name in the community has died and his family needs your support. Many of you will remember this name Stonestrong.
If you ever had the chance to play with / raid with this guy it was a good time in group chat. one of the best pally's i ever meet.

Jacob P. Moore's Obituary on Houma Today

View attachment 79235

Wow, I remember him from EQFlames Paladin forums some years ago. Always enjoyed his posts since I too, was a Paladin. Awful :( Best wishes for his family.