Everquest II

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I just feel completely lost myself, and I'm a former player.

Original to the Velious shit? Sure, even though velious is "new" to me. I got a handle on all that mostly.

Tried some zone on my 100 brig, penumbra or some shit, and it was fucking complete aids. I got raped so many times there, normal mobs seem mixed all in with heroics. Not to mention the entire zone looks like some fail art student tossed a bunch of paint colors at a wall. It's just plain fucking ugly and nearly impossible to even see the Somali rape gang mobs.

Hope other content I haven't seen yet is better than that shit.

I actually like the velious stuff though.

If you can actually get into the latest stuff brigs are meant to be really great at the moment. All scouts are way overpowered. Brig was always shit at soloing though, gonna be royal pain the arse to get up to latest content and there's not groups for old stuff I'd imagine.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
for real just play a monk in wow. lol.

I think some of those Korean ones like Blade and Soul has martial arts type classes. Black Desert Online is probably still the most popular Korean MMO over here but it doesn't have a hand-to-hand/martial arts class. Does have ninjas/samurai though

I played a monk in WoW up to.... 20 or whatever was needed for a promotion in another game (Hearthstone hero I think?) and was bored the entire time so I dunno :p I downloaded Blade and Soul which has Kung Fu Master, but after a couple hours and only level 6 it seems like it might be a weeeeeee bit grindy, although it was still more entertaining than WoW was.

The only time I found WoW to be fun was being a Rogue in WotLK. Dunno what it is about that game but I just do not enjoy playing it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
psh, EQing hard enough means a poopsock and enough soda/energy drinks that you couldn't fall asleep if you tried.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I definitely fell asleep playing EQ. And by playing I mean "farming some camp with a 45 minute respawn" at 4am.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My best asleep at the wheel in EQ was camping fucking AC in OOT at that static spawn. I was a lowly warrior and my druid pal was helping me out. 17 fucking hours I lasted and then apparently nodded off. Woke up at bind. Druid pal dead too. AC spawned and he had engaged thinking I was awake. Splat both of us.

Can't believe how many hours of our lives we wasted "camping" shit in that game!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If you can actually get into the latest stuff brigs are meant to be really great at the moment. All scouts are way overpowered. Brig was always shit at soloing though, gonna be royal pain the arse to get up to latest content and there's not groups for old stuff I'd imagine.
Nah, good now, dropped the vet merc for the healer one from the new zek, and upgraded all my slots with the handcrafted twark gear and a couple cheaper KA legendaries. Last I played handcrafted was effectively garbage, so I hadn't even looked at it. Went from 2kish potency to about 7k, just as one stat example. So can comfortably do KA shit now, guess I just need more practice & gear up better now.

Too many fucking buttons on brigand though, holy shit.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
My best asleep at the wheel in EQ was camping fucking AC in OOT at that static spawn. I was a lowly warrior and my druid pal was helping me out. 17 fucking hours I lasted and then apparently nodded off. Woke up at bind. Druid pal dead too. AC spawned and he had engaged thinking I was awake. Splat both of us.

Can't believe how many hours of our lives we wasted "camping" shit in that game!

Wasted? Jboots are the business!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just think of all the time you saved by having faster move speed!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just to celebrate one of things EQ2 did right was the soundtrack. Someone passed this along to me and the EQ2 soundtrack sounded more "EQ" than anything they were making for Next. I really hope we get an EQ3 one day. I think the lands and events or Norrath deserve another round.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
EL was a total mofo zone on release, those heroic fairy things were fucking insane.. zone was worse than doing Naggy.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
psh, EQing hard enough means a poopsock and enough soda/energy drinks that you couldn't fall asleep if you tried.

I dont know 63 hour camp to me means either being inherently tough or dying like some korean zergling at a netcafe.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I camped FBSS for 64 hours which has been my longest straight gaming session. Back in the day, we ran loot order so since I started the group I was first in line for the FBSS if it dropped. I remember having waiting lists 10 people deep and kept that lguk group running like a champ! About 50 hours in I had a petition put in because we hadn't got one to drop yet and I wanted to slit my wrist so I complained their spawn was broke haha...the GM warped to me in the zone to assure me that was not the case and that I might want to "take a little nappy" ahah. Hour 64 hit and boom FBSS. Some new person in the group cried and bitched like none other because I was a wizard but I could fucking care less. I was camping it for my SK twink who had a jade reaver and FBSS and made it rain!!!!! (this was shortly after Kunark came out).

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is EQ2 thread. Stop telling EQ stories to confuse people into thinking this game was good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users