Everquest II

Saban_sl

shitlord
Any AoM impressions? Keep coming within a few clicks of buying it. Hoping it goes on sale during holiday sale.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm tempted to start up EQ2 again. I haven't played in a very long time. I think my character was 70 or 75 -- a priest (cleric?). So, Antonia Bayle is still the go-to server?

chorboy

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you started now you would have a good 3 months of grind time between spells and gear upgrades. Major issue is game has changed so much in 3 years and most players don't understand what the changes mean or how mechanics work because their not easily accessible.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I recently resubscribed. Had an itch and also just to a state "despite daybreak" attitude. Well I started a new toon and with 11 years of veteran rewards including some very OP mercenaries and a lot of pp banked things are really entertaining for me. Some of the changes - less exp per level needed, you get 5 aax per level for free, Nameds appear much more frequently etc., I can choose wether I want to do quests, dungeons or powergrind through levels. Very nice.
Still one of the best RPG content wise if you can stomach the dated engine and its flaws.
I hope the later expansions won't ruin this, heard some dreadful AOM stories about exp needed for 95 to 100 and the afforementioned requirements for raiding especially the spells and some gear issues for certain classes.

Really enjoying this after my recent WOD burnout. I so hope daybreak does not fuck this up.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I recently resubscribed. Had an itch and also just to a state "despite daybreak" attitude. Well I started a new toon and with 11 years of veteran rewards including some very OP mercenaries and a lot of pp banked things are really entertaining for me. Some of the changes - less exp per level needed, you get 5 aax per level for free, Nameds appear much more frequently etc., I can choose wether I want to do quests, dungeons or powergrind through levels. Very nice.
Still one of the best RPG content wise if you can stomach the dated engine and its flaws.
I hope the later expansions won't ruin this, heard some dreadful AOM stories about exp needed for 95 to 100 and the afforementioned requirements for raiding especially the spells and some gear issues for certain classes.

Really enjoying this after my recent WOD burnout. I so hope daybreak does not fuck this up.
Don't tempt me... i'm a sucker for EQII. I just like leveling up and doing the whole housing thing but once I level to a point and get to my 100th hotbar, I remember very quickly why I burnout so quickly.

I would give anything if they could address their abilities and get Nagafen back in shape again. When PvP finally died, I moved to AB. I would love to give it another try. I fired up Project 1999 last night to play between H1Z1 frustrations.

I posted this before and i'll throw it here in case Holly stops by...
wink.png
We need a few things:

1. EQ Classic and EQ Progression Server (stops at PoP) with No new Freeport or any of that goofiness
2. EQII ability restructure
3. Subscriptions rebuilt. $2.99 per month al a carte or $9.99 for the entire catalog.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
My thoughts after the stream this evening....

First, while cross server dungeon finding is an impressive feat and probably should be in game at this point it will not help this health of the servers of this game "big picture" in any way. By doing this you are furthering the fragmentation of what little bit of community is left. Servers will essentially be a landing point for a queue. There will be no reason to even interact with those on your server in terms of progressing and developing your character. By taking this step as you are furthering the game from a MMO and making something more akin to Diablo 3 and other dungeon crawling RPG's. As servers dwindle, who will use your dungeon finder?

To me they ignored a lot of quality of life issues that have been standing for years. My hope was with new leadership and the pressure to create a strong ROI for Daybreak they would have the freedom to look back and repair a cracked foundation.

Abilities and hotbars are still bloated. PvP was one of the strongest selling points of the game at one time (look at the server pops back in the day) and has completely been ignored. Server pops are dwindling overall. Not to mention a laundry list a mile long that has been around for years and as people were mentioning them in the chat only to be met with the response of "do a /bug", why would the community feel confident of compelled to do so? The community hasn't been responded to since the Hartsman era.

Also, I felt their responses at the end were very condescending as well.

I'll admit. This was very deflating for me. I hope this was just a misfire and there is better things to come.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ahh Muligan the days of EQ2 pvp. People who didn't play it just don't have a clue how great it actually was. I never had as much fun in any MMO as duoing in KOS or group pvp everywhere from Commonlands gates up to Kunark. I wish there was some other game that could scratch that itch but I have tried them all. Oh well, I just can't get myself to play on a PVE server.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EQ2 pvp was so short lived before they fucked it up, but what fun it was.

Fond memories of playing my Wizard and 1 shot Fusioning people to the face!

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
God charming Broncas while he was tanking Avatars for Onyx was great fun the first few times. Getting demolished by Onyx every time my group fought them sucked but was incredibly impressive. I played a fury and had a good run at pvp. I stuck with one guild the whole time and that guild wasn't much overall. We had at peak maybe two solid if not amazing groups for pvp. Onyx though always crushed the crap out of us. I would like to pretend it was because exile had all the classes while cities didn't but it was skill and gear. Skill being the bigger part of it. My name was Amatheon on Nagafen I think I had like a 10 to 1 kvd and was like the second or third fury to 10k kills not that it meant anything. It meant I was around since the beginning really. I only state it to show I was there is all. I know Kaily had like 40k kills or something ridiculous. I know a couple years after I quit people had insane kill numbers from warfields etc.

Did any of you ever hit those bot seller plat farming groups and occasionally get like a nice 50 to 100 plat from them alone? That was the Kingdom of Sky days but I always looked out for them.

I know it would never happen(nor work blah blah) but I would love a new pvp only EQ2 server pre Kunark pre writ givers or post just nothing after TOV at the latest. I have enjoyed other pvp in MMO's just not like the group on group/raid on raid pvp in EQ2 heyday. I remember even being level 12 and going to antonica as a freep and great group pvp. On naggy now there is just like t4 t5 locked twink pvp and terrible top tier pvp. So few people anymore.

chorboy

Kos/Eof pvp was amazing, once mythicals came and onyx was able to do 1 group vs 4 it got a bit stupid (unless you were onyx)

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heh, for awhile you could balance things a bit with the god spells but they nerfed them. The good thing about when Onyx was that dominant with mythicals a ton of city guilds came with that expansion and pvp was huge again. You could avoid Onyx or take your lumps and fight everyone else. I will tell you though that there was one group (Popsi, Acoloss other names I forget I remember these two from the shit talk) that could beat Onyx by troub, illy charming etc. It was a Europa group and it was nice knowing one group was killing Onyx once in awhile. This group was also title huggers so they would split if Onyx killed their Templar lol.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ahh Muligan the days of EQ2 pvp. People who didn't play it just don't have a clue how great it actually was. I never had as much fun in any MMO as duoing in KOS or group pvp everywhere from Commonlands gates up to Kunark. I wish there was some other game that could scratch that itch but I have tried them all. Oh well, I just can't get myself to play on a PVE server.
Yeah, as others have said, it was unfortunately short lived and it is a shame. EQ2 PvP really is in my top 2-3 MMO experiences. If there is anyone on their team that lurks on these forums please.... please fix this so I have something to play until Crowfall releases lol

chorboy

Eq2 is truly a sinking ship at this point, raid content can't even be completed (as if it ever was but still).

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Eq2 is truly a sinking ship at this point, raid content can't even be completed (as if it ever was but still).
I got a horrible vibe from their team last couple of streams. Really smug and arrogant bunch. I typically like Holly but she was even a little short and snide. The worst of all their problems they seem to be infected with the classic SoE sickness of ignoring core problems that would actually make their games worth something if they would only address them.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
WTB EQ2 classic server. Release to about a year in was awesome. Loved the leveling up and class progression.
Agreed but the team mentioned that EQ2 was built differently and it wouldn't be possible. Here's hoping someone gets the code to this game and can spin up a Emu. EQ2 progression stoping at Kunark with the Abilities/Hotbars address would make for a heck of a good time.