Everquest Mysteries

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Berserkers came after me. But, reading about them, at the time, they sounded like a better adaptive choice for people that rolled warrior and either: 1) didn't want to tank 2) weren't in a situation where they could tank.

Re Bards: twisting 4 songs on 8 hour raids was an abomination. When I heard someone I played with used an outside program to do it, and EQ eventually added auto-twisting(?), I was enraged/jealous. Fire up program, auto-follow, nap, and pray your benefactor parks you somewhere pleasant.

Last edited:

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Berserkers were Rogues without any of the utility abilities such as stealth, pickpocket, etc. They were the most one dimensional class in EQ and probably took an afternoon to concept, design and implement.

They were still fun to play. Their sustainable damage was crazy good with flurries, frenzies, triple attacks, and big crits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And it was hilarious when SOE made one of the class's biggest Damage Cooldowns *blind* them for its duration, causing any shift in the boss to make them lose all their DPS.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No idea why Beastlord slipped my mind there. I guess the distinction between a Mage hybrid and a Wiz hybrid would be pretty thin, but I still think a spellblade would have been a cool and obvious class decision to build.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
was looking through the best of the best stuff and i thought we (Magister) had a few wins in those things. i know our monk GL, Koryo and one of our enc won new nicknames. anyway google provided me with some salt from 14 years ago i never knew about.
Leggings of the Fiery Star

945aba3456a640ca003c8bed608da003.png

RE: Who plays this much?
#Mar 22 2003 at 10:48 PMRating: Default

eqperson
38 posts
Magister is a bunch of Jerk-Offs who do nothing more than enjoy cockblocking the other guilds from getting close to them. And you want to talk about sinking in 2 months to get VT key? What about the other 4-5 months killing the emperor to keep others from getting theirs? Oh, I'm sure you forgot to mention that....

Koryo and Chukzombie are the biggest ***** of them all and although I'm sure there are a few good people in there, for the most part they all suck.

FoH will (and did) wipe their asses in the server-wide test of tactics. Which is the reason magister doesnt encter in them anymore. They don't even do the Class Best of the best because Midnight Fury Leader Dabiggun beat their top warriors. They they are the best but if you look at their website and FoH and Afterlife's websites, they are WAAAAAAY behind.

This is probably why the majority of their guild quits EQ and Ebays their char. Because if you just leave the guild, you dont get a moments peace. I feel sorry for the peeps that but those chars. While they are very well equipped, They still catch **** because the rest of the guild hounds them. I talked to the person who bought Dakari and he confirmed this. Dakari was one of their top warriors who finally had enough and quit and sold his char.

Go ahead and flame if you must but people on E-Marr know this is true. I am ashamed to be on the same server as them and if wasnt in a prominent(sp?) guild already I would leave and go to another server.

Edited, Fri Mar 28 06:30:30 2003***

i think i missed this because by the end of 2003 i was out of EQ by then and was playing WoW along with Koryo.
the funny part was that guild we were supposedly in fear of we destroyed at the beginning of PoP. a year earlier, i guess this was a butthurt MF member.

• 1Like

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
On my cleric I would get CONSTANT buff and rez requests from out of fucking nowhere. It would drive me nuts because the people usually weren't in range for buffs or even in zone if asking for rez. Trying to tell someone you won't go to them and buff them makes you an elitist asshole.

So much this. For about a two week period I was the only cleric on Luclin with Hand of Virtue (you know, while RNG decided which PoP spells we'd get) and during said time I made sure to only log on during raids just so I didn't get fucking spammed with all that bullshit.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ruin dominated the pve game on SZ, no doubt. But, to be fair, I recall Tides of Wrath getting the better of you guys in pvp on a couple of occasions. I remember one specific occasion involving mass corpse camping in.. ToV? Dunno. It's been too many years. Either way, I hated ToW and there were some good guys in Ruin. The only one I remember by name was Jelis (I think) DE chanter.
You mean Tides of Wrath + two other guilds? They worked up some rotation to try and camp our corpses 24/7 till they rotted, was good fun and crazy amounts of hate our way but we still got all our shit.

ToW never came close to beating us in any sort of large scale pvp battle when it was remotely even in numbers or outside of raiding which was their only shot. It wasnt ToV but it was in Skyshrine where we werent allied with that faction, so they waited till we were raiding which made it extra difficult since they werent KoS there and were allied.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
I remember trying all sorts of things to try and get the event in Acrylia Caverns to trigger. Spent so much time in that zone farming and grinding AA. Eventually, they fixed it. But it was years and years later.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
does anyone else get serious EQ flashbacks when they watch certain movies?
i swear i cant watch Fellowship of the Ring without wanting to log in EQ and raid with my old guild which is long gone.

LOTR_FellowshipOfTheRing_3570.jpg

solrotower-xuzl.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
anytime I watch anime (especially MMO themed) I always want to login to p1999 and play

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Brother and I would play really late at night and always had the TV on MTV. They would actually play music videos at the time. Hearing specific songs now bring me back to grinding Seb and velks. Specifically, Gorillazz- Feel good inc

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Brother and I would play really late at night and always had the TV on MTV. They would actually play music videos at the time. Hearing specific songs now bring me back to grinding Seb and velks. Specifically, Gorillazz- Feel good inc
same here. every friday night they would have on the k-rock radio station a late night nu-metal fest which went from midnight to 3 or 4 AM. that just happened to coincide with our late night weekend raids. it was usually a lot of the same songs.
N.E.R.D.: Outlaw
Linkin Park: In The End
Limp Bizkit: Break Stuff
Kid Rock: Pimp Of The Nation (coochie mix)
Rob Zombie: Demonoid Phenomenon
whenever i hear those songs i instantly get images of wall aggro trains in Vex Thal or roaming the halls of Plane of Tactics. i get pumped up like i did when it looked like we were about to wipe out and have a long CR.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You mean Tides of Wrath + two other guilds? They worked up some rotation to try and camp our corpses 24/7 till they rotted, was good fun and crazy amounts of hate our way but we still got all our shit.

ToW never came close to beating us in any sort of large scale pvp battle when it was remotely even in numbers or outside of raiding which was their only shot. It wasnt ToV but it was in Skyshrine where we werent allied with that faction, so they waited till we were raiding which made it extra difficult since they werent KoS there and were allied.

Your memory is better than mine. But ultimately I agree-- that server was a blast.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Corpse camping 24/7 to rot someones corpse is about as MMO hardcore as it gets. lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users