Everquest Mysteries

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
My favorite hate memory was a shaman breast plate dropped and while they were rolling on it the corpse stood up and ran to Innoruuk, I gated the fuck out because I knew the shaman wouldn't be able to just let it go and killed everyone.

Confused. Explain please.

Love all these old stories btw.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Confused. Explain please.

Love all these old stories btw.

We killed a golem and the bp dropped, as they were rolling the corpse stood up and took off running. Couldn't kill it, it was dead, the shamans all chased it to their deaths trying to loot the bp as it ran to Innoruuk. Was only made better that Bakk won the roll and Daegarmo told us to get fucked and wouldn't do anything about it. Hate early on was a gigantic buggy steaming pile of shit when first released.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I played on The Nameless too. Anybody remember Shadowspear and the ninja'd Shining Steel BP? Fijian roomate?

Fame or infamy, rep mattered when you had actual communities.

I remember shadowspear for sure, was good friends with him for a while on nameless. He was lots of fun and a super skilled bard. After the BP thing I remember the entire server making Fijian roommate jokes. was hilarious.

We both ended up migrating to Sullon Zek when it opened, he was very well-known there as Pino and also had a few other names I can not remember. I think he even had two 60 bards that he would play? I cant remember its been so long. crazy dude

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SS was a very very good bard, completely psycho though. Obsessed on stuff that happened forever ago on Nameless and could not get over it..... Dude could type these long ass 900 wpm paragraphs out like nobody I had ever seen though lol.

Uncog who were you on SZ? We played some with him there after most of the core of the good LoS players rerolled there from Nameless as Ruin. Had some great times there, especially since we were hated by everyone.

Rolling the hardcore red server pvp guilds who xferred to SZ was all kinds of fun since they talked mad shit how they were some sorts of pvp gods.......aka Darkenbane etc. Had more fun on that server than anything I have done in a mmorpg.

So much funny stuff happened on that server. The first iksar shaman who got SoW didnt sell it or pass it out. He trained every skeleton in field of bones for hours...had to be like 50+ skellies just insta gibbing people..he was Fansy before Fansy. Speaking of Fansy I was leveling in Oasis when he was pulling those epic SG trains. But I just pulled the crocs and stuff to the back of the pillars. He tried to train me a few times but giants raped him while he was trying to swim out to me. Goodtimes were had.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just remember someone, Afterlife maybe? whose entire team did the soulfire quest for the CH charges since you could use it from inventory or some such silliness. Everyday pvp grinding dungeons or raiding was a thousand times more fun than the botb stuff.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
A shame those fights were before the era of streaming. I think some got recorded though, and I for sure remember little Wendy Keplegrob's fight being in a youtube vid somewhere.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Behold the power of the fungi tunic (and truncheon of doom) combined with effective jousting.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
BRD was functionally ENC+WAR(terrible damage output until I quit)+something else, but, in theory, was supposedly more ENC+ROG. I really miss BRD's kiting/charming shenanigans. Not to forget running around like a cracked-out squirrel.

raw

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Most amusing part about Bard was people bitching about 'carpal tunnel' from having to push a different button every 2 seconds.

Fast forward to this generation, and people are whining hard when they AREN'T mashing a damage button every second or less.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
eh, I played a bard back then. it was way different than what people would consider "mashing a damage button every second or less."

It wasn't carpal tunnel so much as the intense focus on really small icons to weave all the buffs.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rolling the hardcore red server pvp guilds who xferred to SZ was all kinds of fun since they talked mad shit how they were some sorts of pvp gods.......aka Darkenbane etc. Had more fun on that server than anything I have done in a mmorpg.

Ruin dominated the pve game on SZ, no doubt. But, to be fair, I recall Tides of Wrath getting the better of you guys in pvp on a couple of occasions. I remember one specific occasion involving mass corpse camping in.. ToV? Dunno. It's been too many years. Either way, I hated ToW and there were some good guys in Ruin. The only one I remember by name was Jelis (I think) DE chanter.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I vaguely remember some BotB story involving Gathu from Xegony in the finals against some other Shaman. The fight went on for too fucking long, just kiting around healing themselves, so Lady Daegarmo (cunt) ended up snaring Gathu but not the other Shaman or something like that, wherein Gathu mana-stoned himself to death rather than lose to the other Shaman.

Last I heard he was in WoW FoH, but I miss that dude. He was a legend of his time.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I played a Bard back in the day and although it was a blast, the complaints were well founded. Twisting for 8 hours straight while grinding was draining sometimes.

I wonder why they never did a Wizard/Warrior hybrid, or mage or shaman based hybrids for that matter. Why just Cleric/Druid/Enchanter/Necromancer?

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Beastlord was Shaman/Monk.

Not sure how you make a mage hybrid, but at that point you're making too many hybrids imo.

• 1Like