Everquest Mysteries

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Favorite part EQ was my alt wizard and being a complete fucking tool bag as him while having the same class in the best guild on the server and no one ever knew. Loved nothing more than to show up in a zone and watch OOC just explode with people bitching by just having my name show up in the /who because aggregate damage didn't exist and I had no issues stealing people's rares.

I used to keep a list of the mobs I ks'd and the items, I also loved to speed loot rare items as my good guy wizard and pretend the common dropped. I wouldn't join a camp if I didn't have the common and if someone beat me to speed looting and the rare dropped I just spoofed the roll to win. Always used the bad guy wizard to sell my ill begotten loot because trust me people would seriously question when you got something.

If you cast a teleport and /q it would send the group and leave you behind, best use ever of it was porting a faggot named Ranadin to hate when he went afk fd for 3hrs and spent the next two days playing where's my corpse because I had them make me group leader, booted them did the /q port and came back and pretended like I just went LD.

Another favorite was the staff of temporal flux would cancel someone's IVU if you targeted them and right click but not remove the buff icon, I killed so many people and caused so many trains with that in Lguk and Unrest.

Never giving anyone consent to drag my corpse because fuck you, you weren't going to be the asshole that looted my corpse and stole my shit. My cleric box always got shit for rezzing him but I'd just pretend that he paid me 500p and people understood.

Lady Daegarmo was just awesome he constantly pretended like he punished me and would tell me to go to the other wizard and lay low for a few hours or days. The irony of it all the item that broke the camels back was an item that I didn't steal, a carmine robe. Shortly after people learned about roll spoofing, items started giving a loot message and aggregate damage was implemented. So I stripped the account, sold it for $5k and had another wizard max leveled and geared within a month.

God that shit was fucking fun.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Xegony was one of the original four? servers from beta. While many servers have been merged into it over the years I don't believe 7th Hammer was one of them, 7th went into Tunare maybe. Not sure if someone has made a good wiki record of those type things

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Ahhh, did that split off to 7th hammer? You mentioned Ranadin, who was the leader of The Dark Exile on 7th. Wasn't sure if it was just a coincidence of same name.

Same guy, xegony split several times I went to Druzzil Ro in the first split joined a small guild because of work and eventually joined Hoss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I like that story even more then, because that dude was a fucking pos.

Plane of Hate port spot being a death trap when it first opened was a boon to assholes such as myself. Best part was no one figured out it was me or even how his corpse got to Hate.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Plane of Hate port spot being a death trap when it first opened was a boon to assholes such as myself. Best part was no one figured out it was me or even how his corpse got to Hate.

So going to tell us evil wizard's name? Was is Destine, destined or something. 17yrs has eroded my memory

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So going to tell us evil wizard's name? Was is Destine, destined or something. 17yrs has eroded my memory

Destined To'roole

Aeon is still a cunt and I laughed my ass off when he/she stole a thorny vine breast plate claiming vengeance for my alleged theft, Inner Circle had no fucking clue I was in their guild.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nameless server had some pretty juicy drama. I started at launch on CT and then moved to Nameless after thankfully.

My favorite thing were release necros which were probably the most powerful shit ever released in any mmorpg till they got tuned down shortly after. If you leveled fast to 50 at launch you know what Im talking about.....unfortunately (or fortunately depending on which side of the fence you are on) 99.9% of the population never got to see that shit. Literally everything about them was overpowered. Soloing the ghoul lord? No problem. Even as powerful as they were after the nerfs they were still nerfed into the ground from release if that gives you any idea how retarded that class was. This happened maybe a couple months or even less after launch iirc....not long after. Mobs then would attack pets and feign death didnt break your summon pet when you used it as it would later on........follow the dots, lol.

I found a spot in Lower Guk in the middle of a room with decent amount of respawns, staggered the respawns out, and since feign death lasted indefinitely the pet would just obliterate anything that agrod on to it by itself while you got full xp lying on the ground hah. Once this was done I would go to sleep and my pet would level me up all night...and since it was in an out of the way place in Guk nobody really went there so I didnt have to worry about other groups. Keep in mind how retarded necro pets were then, the level 49 necro pet at launch did as much damage as the Planes of Power necro pets did and this was waaaaay before any attack speed normalizations were applied to pets using weapons so the thing was a fucking cuisinart with dual daggers. I did so much broken shit that I kept on the down low lol. I remember some decked out warrior lvl 50 wanted to duel me (Barbsomething) and I think my pet killed this dude in about 4-5 seconds max without even casting a spell. Ahh balance.

Think there were only a couple of us necros early on on CT (Lejes I think? was another its been so long), and nobody really knew me since my buddy got me to join Albion which was some brit guild from M59. Theyd wonder where I got my ykeshas and shit from selling them in EC tunnel and what groups I was with etc. Nice folks, but when I hit 50 super fast they were still in the teens and shit, roleplaying....so I left to Nameless and met Draed randomly leveling up when it launched (who was a paladin I had played with on CT strangely enough named Enahs for any of you early CTers)....he ended up being our first guild leader of LoS which was such a great guild to be a part of. Played a monk there as our puller for raids etc and had a blast, met some cool people that I will always remember.

The feels. :(

(that ended up way longer than I thought....rambling etc QQ oh well)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Destined To'roole

Aeon is still a cunt and I laughed my ass off when he/she stole a thorny vine breast plate claiming vengeance for my alleged theft, Inner Circle had no fucking clue I was in their guild.

Nuts to me that I remembered your name after all this time, it's why EQ is so unique to me other than maybe UO to a lesser extent there is no other game that I played so long ago that I can remember dozens of people that in many cases I didn't even directly play with any regularity.

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Nuts to me that I remembered your name after all this time, it's why EQ is so unique to me other than maybe UO to a lesser extent there is no other game that I played so long ago that I can remember dozens of people that in many cases I didn't even directly play with any regularity.

Word. I played UO on Catskills back in 98-99 or so. I still remember a nemesis named Sphincter. That's almost 20 years ago and I remember this PK enemy name from back then.

When you have server reputation, a player can actually become a character, and gain fame or infamy through their actions and attitudes. Even vanilla WoW was like this. Your guild tag, PvP rep, or raiding experience could make you well known across the entire server population, for better or worse.

I played on The Nameless too. Anybody remember Shadowspear and the ninja'd Shining Steel BP? Fijian roomate?

Fame or infamy, rep mattered when you had actual communities.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

It's ironic the thing most people remember me most for I didn't do. Cabar had no right to roll, literally zoned in after the robe dropped and hadn't been in the zone in over a day. But because it was Destined they wanted to stick it to him. Aeon decided he was going to make the robe rot by training the Amy temple and said as much in guild chat, so when the train rolled up I snagged the robe with 10 seconds to rot and gated out. They all died and the rest you know.

Hell before the robe, I plooted gloves and sleeves and no one knew about those.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Word. I played UO on Catskills back in 98-99 or so. I still remember a nemesis named Sphincter. That's almost 20 years ago and I remember this PK enemy name from back then.

When you have server reputation, a player can actually become a character, and gain fame or infamy through their actions and attitudes. Even vanilla WoW was like this. Your guild tag, PvP rep, or raiding experience could make you well known across the entire server population, for better or worse.

I played on The Nameless too. Anybody remember Shadowspear and the ninja'd Shining Steel BP? Fijian roomate?

Fame or infamy, rep mattered when you had actual communities.
Yea it was the ES BP..... thread was epic on Nameless Tavern.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
My favorite hate memory was a shaman breast plate dropped and while they were rolling on it the corpse stood up and ran to Innoruuk, I gated the fuck out because I knew the shaman wouldn't be able to just let it go and killed everyone.