Everquest - Phinigel server

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't know about everyone else, but the fact that expansions are only lasting a few months is kinda cool in the fact that there will be new content far faster than back when they were really coming out. Also.. as was already said, some people like different expansions than others. I am actually looking forward to (at least hopefully) seeing and raiding stuff I have never done before. For me that is VoA and later (However I never did Ro, Serpent's Spine or Buried Sea either due to being sent overseas for a while). I did not like Underfoot, but HoT was rather fun to me. I also think PoP is going to be a lot of fun. The only thing I am going to be concerned about is the AA grind. The reason being, current exp levels are slow enough, combined with how quickly expansions are going to be released, that is a lot less time to get the same number of AA's that people got over a longer time frame back at release. I really hope we see quite a few double xp weekends to help people make up that difference or something similar.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't need any teeth, in fact I wasnt allowed to get any medallions.

To be honest I'm disenfranchised with the whole thing at the moment and really bored.

Writing is on the wall.

I keep trying to roll classes but it's still just not fun... I keep saying to myself maybe this class will be fun, I never tried this class.... Truth is its probably not any class but the game as a whole isn't fun, if it ever was.

Having a super twinked double fungi is amazing but after the effect of being super op wears off its back to just the boring of grind. Losing the xp bonus will make me feel even worse.
Well if you change your mind ive got 20+ teeth in my reclaim window id bro out to any RR friends. Honestly I feel where your coming from, Kunark is a weak expac and if it wasn't for the crazy friends I'm playing with I probably wouldn't even be here.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only thing I am going to be concerned about is the AA grind. The reason being, current exp levels are slow enough, combined with how quickly expansions are going to be released, that is a lot less time to get the same number of AA's that people got over a longer time frame back at release. I really hope we see quite a few double xp weekends to help people make up that difference or something similar.
I'd not be too worried - with their responsiveness on issues, if it's truly bad when we get there, I expect it'll be adjusted.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd not be too worried - with their responsiveness on issues, if it's truly bad when we get there, I expect it'll be adjusted.
Hopefully DBG get their shit together in the coming xpacs. As I mentioned before, Ragefire is beta testing Velious for everyone. They have still yet to patch in the fixes for the broken mega-regen on mobs. The only killable targets currently are Vindi, Statue, KT (20-30min fight), Klandi, Zlandi, Sontalak and a couple minor Ntov (eashen, etc). We had a full raid force on Aary and couldn't even make his HP drop below 100%! There is still a Vindicator that spawns on top of and with Yelinak.. yes Vindi in Skyshrine.

Sleepers Tomb was completely unpopulated. Zero mobs. Nothing. They finally hotfix the zone with mobs. We spent over 2 hours (regen again) to take down Master of the Guard. He drops a no loot.

Point being: Once Phinny overtakes the rest on progression releases, you are going to have to wait for DBG's dumb shit devs to fix their broken game. Combine that with your quick release cycles and you are going to have a reduced raid time period to farm this stuff.

Here we are 10 full days into Velious release and 80% of the raid content is unkillable, some doesn't spawn or drop loot or is flat out bugged. Good luck and have fun with Luclin!!

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Brew, what's your name on Phinny?
Vegeta. I played in Classic, farmed some mad krono and planned to not log back till Velious.

However, this Double XP got my pixel whistle wet and I'm back for now. We'll see if I can summon the courage to do the VP key again for the 20th time or wait for Winter.

Vaclav

Here we are 10 full days into Velious release and 80% of the raid content is unkillable, some doesn't spawn or drop loot or is flat out bugged. Good luck and have fun with Luclin!!
Part of the problem with proper testing of Velious was ruined because of not being instanced though. There was plenty of the MotM stuff being killed by high levels so that legit chars didn't test much of it. (Plus from what I saw, testing a few myself with a high level molo the regen patch never was on Test - unless my L85 w/ cleric merc does way more damage than I think....)

DZs make sure one L105 player on Test with a merc can't prevent others from testing and saying "Woah, something is wrong here" - stuff like 1k/s regen doesn't matter when you're L105 really, but can hamper an entire raid when you're barely half that level.

And they're already starting to run the DZs for Velious and Luclin on Test - although many are quite odd for the moment. Lodizal and the Sentry that triggers Ring War are both chilling in ToV as part of that instance for some reason for example... But don't even need the Velious ones perfect for another 55 days. Luclin has 139 days to get tweaked on Test before it needs to be perfect.

I'm not being a pessimist right now - I realize your Velious launch was borked (mostly by the regen though - only the Dozekar, Yelinak and ST issues if you set aside the regen issue - that doesn't seem an awful launch, especially since Yelinak was hotfixed back in [although without his buddy being removed... out of curiosity does Vindi fight Yel or they on good terms?])

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Luclin is going to be such a massive clusterfuck. So they said they won't do MoTM on the raids in Luclin, but they've used MoTM as a vehicle for stopping spawns in pickzones which means we'll probably have raid mobs in every pickzone on Luclin launch. They'll probably blow it again and have zone caps all over the place, and then to top it all off if they maintain the "No respawns in AoC zones" rule then we'll have a trivialized Emp Ssra fight where you just burn the adds in the beginning and never CC them while Emp is alive.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
No MOTM?! Yay my mage team will roxxors. There was a list of the AoC's for luclin though it was a lot of zones, i think almost every vt shard zone has an aoc.

Vaclav

Luclin is going to be such a massive clusterfuck. So they said they won't do MoTM on the raids in Luclin, but they've used MoTM as a vehicle for stopping spawns in pickzones which means we'll probably have raid mobs in every pickzone on Luclin launch. They'll probably blow it again and have zone caps all over the place, and then to top it all off if they maintain the "No respawns in AoC zones" rule then we'll have a trivialized Emp Ssra fight where you just burn the adds in the beginning and never CC them while Emp is alive.
They're continuing MOTM as a concept into Luclin - they're not sure about any rescaling on the buff, but the buff will still exist for the "no picks" purpose at a minimum. Most recent update I've gotten seems to imply that rescaling will continue for Luclin though.

And Emp Ssra/High Priest are already things that our community rep has presented to make sure function properly in the DZs. Remember that Spirocs in Sky worked fine with their repop mechanic, I'm hopefully they'll get it right. (ATM there's no bosses in HP or Emp DZs though before todays Test patch)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
...They'll probably blow it again and have zone caps all over the place...
Forgot to mention, this is already happening on Ragefire. The caps are abysmally low, to the point that if you have a few groups armor farming or questing or whatever in Kael and a raid mob pops, you need to ooc and politely ask people to leave the zone so you can fit a raid force inside! If you can't see the grief and drama that could cause, I don't know what to tell you Daybreak. Fortunately, the guilds on Ragefire have been working together and being respectful so far. We have found a small workaround by zone bombing, but it shouldn't be this restrictive and dumb.

Zone bomb being: form your full raid force outside the zone then countdown and rush everyone inside at once to get round the low zone caps. If someone shows up at a later point wanting to join the raid? Tough shit. Can't enter zone without people leaving.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
What is the motivation behind zone pop caps? EQ has always had zerging raid mobs as an option

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I imagine it was meant to nudge people into picks when a zone is too crowded for XPing...
And for clarity, this is happening in the main pick where the actual raid mobs spawn. (We have no raid instancing on Ragefire. It is all 100% contested)

This is also a new thing with Velious. We sure as hell had 200+ people socking Trakanon back in the day. No idea why they have changed it now.

Vaclav

And for clarity, this is happening in the main pick where the actual raid mobs spawn. (We have no raid instancing on Ragefire. It is all 100% contested)

This is also a new thing with Velious. We sure as hell had 200+ people socking Trakanon back in the day. No idea why they have changed it now.
I'm aware, but I'm sure that was the intent - they screwed up and didn't adjust it for the raid zones (again).

And you didn't have 200 poopsocking Trak on day 1, if you remember - there were zone limits initially.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the point. They already had to correct the problem once. Here they are repeating mistakes, yet again.

I've just zero faith in what these devs are doing. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... out of curiosity does Vindi fight Yel or they on good terms?
rrr_img_130238.jpg

Nope, they are pals. (Makes no sense, as they should be on directly opposing faction)

Vaclav

Yes, Aeth is a friend, I saw that SS he just went silent since. Wasn't sure if they were just chilling or if it was perfectly timed before they aggroed after spawning.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
God I cannot get a group for shit on this server. Everyone's always in lower guk, no one wants to leave lower guk, and everything's camped in all the picks of lower guk. And there's like 15 clerics / shamans / druids lfg with never a tank or monk lfg.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully DBG get their shit together in the coming xpacs. As I mentioned before, Ragefire is beta testing Velious for everyone. They have still yet to patch in the fixes for the broken mega-regen on mobs. The only killable targets currently are Vindi, Statue, KT (20-30min fight), Klandi, Zlandi, Sontalak and a couple minor Ntov (eashen, etc). We had a full raid force on Aary and couldn't even make his HP drop below 100%! There is still a Vindicator that spawns on top of and with Yelinak.. yes Vindi in Skyshrine.

Sleepers Tomb was completely unpopulated. Zero mobs. Nothing. They finally hotfix the zone with mobs. We spent over 2 hours (regen again) to take down Master of the Guard. He drops a no loot.

Point being: Once Phinny overtakes the rest on progression releases, you are going to have to wait for DBG's dumb shit devs to fix their broken game. Combine that with your quick release cycles and you are going to have a reduced raid time period to farm this stuff.

It is really only relevant for luclin, PoP is already instanced where it matters (time)

All they really need to do for PoP is the spawn rate increase, I would rather they give us 1.5 day god respawns and then let the guilds get into time killing open world, and then spend that saved dev time doing a TLP balance pass on the classes.