Everquest - Phinigel server

Ok. I've fucking had it with the duchebags at DBG.

Since the last patch, i get kicked off of the server on both of my computers any time I manage to hit any key at near the same time on two different keyboards.

Is fucking annoying that DBG employees are ignoring the issue and going so far as to put right deny it even happens.

I CAN REPRODUCE THE ISSUE AT WILL ANYTIME.

DBG have gone over the line and flipped the bird to anybody that complains. I'm tired of playing Mr nice guy.

How can I fix this on my side? I don't give a shit if it requires 3rd party software to make it work. Fuck DBG! They don't want to support their paying customers, so fuck them and theyre fucking rules!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is that happening to all boxers? If so and they keep that policy, there goes any chance of me starting up again. I was going to start back up if they ever bumped EXP back up, but fuck no two boxing

Also means roommates can't play together.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is that happening to all boxers? If so and they keep that policy, there goes any chance of me starting up again. I was going to start back up if they ever bumped EXP back up, but fuck no two boxing

Also means roommates can't play together.
No there's even a thread about it on the official forums. It's affecting people playing on the same network sometimes too, just triggering the boxcode. The weird thing is it happens to some people regularly and some people seem to be immune from this.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok. I've fucking had it with the duchebags at DBG.

Since the last patch, i get kicked off of the server on both of my computers any time I manage to hit any key at near the same time on two different keyboards.

Is fucking annoying that DBG employees are ignoring the issue and going so far as to put right deny it even happens.

I CAN REPRODUCE THE ISSUE AT WILL ANYTIME.

DBG have gone over the line and flipped the bird to anybody that complains. I'm tired of playing Mr nice guy.

How can I fix this on my side? I don't give a shit if it requires 3rd party software to make it work. Fuck DBG! They don't want to support their paying customers, so fuck them and theyre fucking rules!

Ironicly, using third party software fixes this. Any kind of virtual keyboard/mouse sharing (synergy, multiplicity, whatever) with no multiple keyboard presses. I've yet to be true boxed but I only 2 box.

edit: And about the AA, now that caller event is nerfed, deep AE is still fairly quick, or Grieg's during low pop hours is also fine. Shouldn't take more than a week of play or so to max them.

Sterling

El Presidente
I never did the caller event, but a decent AE group can do about 10-15 AA an hour depending on a number of variables. Way faster than I expected considering how bad leveling xp is on the server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So I popped into EQ before going to bed last night just to primarily check everything on my new PC and I went from PoK > Nek > CL > Nor > FP and I have to say they should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for just how mad they have negatively impacted this game. Not only have the gravitated the Playerbase so far way from the early zones but they didn't even leave them intact to enjoy. I know this all happened along time ago and I've seen it before but it just really hit me wrong. The music has changed. You can barely differentiate between textures and color tones in FP. What in the heck is up with their scale too? The tunnel, the CL homes, and all of Freeport is scaled larger than Kael.

I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish with EQ but it's needs to be scrapped, rebooted, or closed before whatever this game is today is burned into people's minds.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
So I popped into EQ before going to bed last night just to primarily check everything on my new PC and I went from PoK > Nek > CL > Nor > FP and I have to say they should absolutely be ashamed of themselves for just how mad they have negatively impacted this game. Not only have the gravitated the Playerbase so far way from the early zones but they didn't even leave them intact to enjoy. I know this all happened along time ago and I've seen it before but it just really hit me wrong. The music has changed. You can barely differentiate between textures and color tones in FP. What in the heck is up with their scale too? The tunnel, the CL homes, and all of Freeport is scaled larger than Kael.

I'm not sure what they're trying to accomplish with EQ but it's needs to be scrapped, rebooted, or closed before whatever this game is today is burned into people's minds.
I can't remember a single player saying anything positive about the new Freeport. They did the same thing with Sro and Oasis. Oasis no longer exists as a zone, it's part of Sro, which i didn't mind as much but they should have just left them alone.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With the new Freeport it looks like their design philosophy was to really try and create a medieval city in terms of size and layout. In that regard they did an alright job.

Except it's a fucking asshole pile of fucks to get around in even with a map. It's all style and no function.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
With the new Freeport it looks like their design philosophy was to really try and create a medieval city in terms of size and layout. In that regard they did an alright job.

Except it's a fucking asshole pile of fucks to get around in even with a map. It's all style and no function.

I'm not sure I would call it alright... they may have created a larger city but doorways, buildings, and random objects are not the correct scale to the NPC's that still exist in the city. My biggest gripe though is the choice in color and textures. It looks like the people of Freeport took the very dirt on the ground to make a coating for their buildings. Everything just looks awful and there was not one good purpose for changing this as they are completely irrelevant at this point. I'm not sure that was their intention when they revamped it but my goodness... it's simply embarrassing .

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, but the revamp occurred like 10+ years ago. It was a little more relevant at that point.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I fired this up a couple of years ago and all I remember was that I was super excited to see corny Halas and kill polar bears again and I was greeted by some retarded ass noob cave. What was that shit?

I was thinking about firing this up as a goof off time with my kids, show them what shit graphics we had in the day and how we would to walk up hill to retrieve our corpses, both ways.

You guys having fun with it?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Progression players: claim out-of-era gear
Hey everyone, Redguides member tarquinn has discovered a trick that will likely be nerfed soon so I'm sending out an email blast.

Players on TLP servers (Phinigel, Ragefire, Lockjaw, etc.) can /claim any item in their claim window they desire, including out-of-era gear, which can be extremely powerful on TLP.

tarquinn has shared his method here:

Thank you tarquinn! If you're lvl 2 be sure to give him some thanks.

WARNING: Our developers believe this trick is trivial for Daybreak to track, and may lead to bans, so use it at your own risk.

Have fun!
- Redbot

Not sure if any of you sub, but might be worth it on a burner TLP account !

*edit* Err.. already nuked as of last night. Seems people were using /claim and getting defiant gear. Not a peep from DBG yet. Some people have some stupid powerful gear running around TLP servers!

if you had 1 claimable item, like the Exp pot from Quarm or the satchel from daybreak store... you could toggle-sort through the way /claim window was filtered, and get non-claimable objects to appear as claimable.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Not sure if any of you sub, but might be worth it on a burner TLP account !

*edit* Err.. already nuked as of last night. Seems people were using /claim and getting defiant gear. Not a peep from DBG yet. Some people have some stupid powerful gear running around TLP servers!
They disabled claims on TLP and issues 5/10 day suspensions to hundreds of people already.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, people have been shuffling them thru via delete / reclaim tokens, trying to parcel without collecting, etc.

It will be interesting to see how many slip through the cracks.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what it is, but I love reading about exploits in MMOs.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lawling @ all the former/current Modest Man guys eating 10 day suspensions or Permabans because they had a prior suspension from Modest Mans rotation violation in classic on Lockjaw. That moment when your own stupid rotation rules are haunting your guild members like 16 months later.

Sterling

El Presidente
The suspensions seem really inconsistent. Some people getting 5 days, some getting 10, and then there's still defiant gear for sale on the bazaar. We have a couple in our guild that one got a 10 day and the other got a 5 for claiming the exact same items. We have one guy that's supposedly permabanned and he's never been suspended/banned before.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
The suspensions seem really inconsistent. Some people getting 5 days, some getting 10, and then there's still defiant gear for sale on the bazaar. We have a couple in our guild that one got a 10 day and the other got a 5 for claiming the exact same items. We have one guy that's supposedly permabanned and he's never been suspended/banned before.

Do they still use a warning system?

That may provide some insight.