Extraction (2020)

Szlia

Like the first, it's an ok stuntmen movie. They are missing the mark with the tracking shots though. A key element for those is the tension that comes with the idea the scene had to be performed in one continuous take, enhancing every camerawork or stunt bravado. But in these films, they make obvious use of digital effects to string a bunch of shots together (for instance, in the first film, a camera magically goes through an unbroken windshield), so this tension does not exist. It's cool, but not very productive.

For fun, a famous tracking shot from a 1964 movie, Soy Cuba (I am Cuba).

spronk

FPS noob
great action movie, wish the bad guy wasn't so ridiculously 1 dimensional. this is in many ways the Anti-Mission Impossible, those movies involve elaborate plots and traps and tricks and McGuffins while this movie is basically "point me at bad guy, i will run at him shooting" the entire time. Good to have both though.

great year for action though between John Wick 4, Sisu, Extraction 2, Covenant, Plane and a few others

Rake needs a good gimmick though. Tom Cruise has running flat out in every MI movie, Wick is all about gun-fu, Rake so far is basically just getting shot a lot and having x-factor healing. I guess he does use a wide variety of super cool weapons, the grenade launcher was awesome

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally watched Extraction 2 yesterday. Bad ass movie with nonstop action beginning to end. Probably the best action movie Ive seen in awhile besides John Wick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user