Factorio

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
By SC do you mean Starcraft or some other SC?

I'm still tossing around the idea of getting this and/or Rimworld but I dunno if i'm going to pull the trigger on either. I always love the idea of building games and whatnot but never end up putting much time in to them for some reason.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's like Sim City, FTB mod Minecraft, and defend against Zerg tower defense-lite.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Here's a slimgur album with what I've been doing.

Album hosted on sli.mg

One of the images

dLzzF7.bmp

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I love your dedication to underground belts! FYI Electric miners take up a 3X3 space, but they mine a 5X5 space! I wish someone told me that earlier.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I construct everything above ground, then go back and redo it all as underground lines. Helps keep everything organized.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Some nice setups. If you guys are really enjoying this, I can't recommend the bob's mod package more highly. I played this game a shitload about 7-8 months ago and loved it. Came back to try the bobs stuff, and holy god, the added complexity is just awesome. Also added a couple mods to make the aliens more threatening.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Give me the tldr summary of what makes bob's mod so great

Well, he's made like 10 separate mods, which address various parts of the game. Some go together, some can be done separately.

Basically, your game has coal, iron, copper, and stone as resources. The full bobs package has about triple that (zinc, aluminum, titanium, nickel, lead/galena, silicon/quartz) and additionally several alloys like bronze/brass. The fluid system is revamped, and he's added electrolysis for creation of certain things using water and/or other mats. All recipes get somewhat more complex, especially electronics. Also uses wood for stuff that makes sense to use wood for (vanilla wood is useless 4 minutes into the game).

So that's infrastructure. Beyond that, he's added a TON of tech tree (with an actual visual tree), and lots of other new buildings, power solutions, weapons, and tons of upgrades to each.

Dunno, after playing bobs, I don't think I could go back to iron, copper, green/red/blue circuit chips simplicity.

When I get home I can take a pic of all the ones I have loaded.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
I've got a Bob's mods server if you want to play. I'm deep into wow right now though so wouldn't be much.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I began with just normal/medium/regular on most everything. It does seem like ore deposits stick around much longer than I recall in vanilla though, so debating reducing density/size.

I think I crank up oil deposit yield (not frequency, just yield) so they all start closer to 70-90% rather than 40ish. They'll all reduce to 10% eventually though, unfortunately.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Do you really need to manually farm wood in Bob's Mod?

That may be a dealbreaker for this lazy fuck.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the bob's set includes a greenhouse mod, and there's also synthetic wood from heavy oil.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, I actually thought Bob's mods was a little too complex for me. I would like something in between vanilla and Bob's mods.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like a pretty big change to science packs soon. I'm thinking of taking a break until the change goes in.

I just got up to oil and not sure I want to deal with learning a good blue science pack set up only for it to get changed a couple weeks later

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There's already mods that change it to what the upcoming patch notes said it is, so you could just download that now.