Fallout 4

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Wabbajack.org brought me back here. Been playing an hour or two each night for the last month or so. Chose the Magnum Opus modlist and install was easy. If you have a premium nexus account the program will download everything and install it into a separate Mod Organizer 2 instance, with all the mods sorted and organized by the curator for stability. (If you don't have premium it'll stop and ask you at every download which only goes at 2mb/s...) There's a lot more modlists for Skyrim, and I got one installed with 800+ mods and I didn't have to do any of the legwork making it compatible.

Yeah the modlists don't have everything I want, (honestly I thought there would be more FO4 content than there is at this point, but Skyrim still takes up the lion's share of modder time it seems), but I think my days of browsing mods and making my own custom list is over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I could use some help. Picked this up for the first time in over a year so I can finish Nuka-World and my last ten or so trophies to get this thing to 100%.

I'm still at the same point I quit on, midway through Nuka-World. I believe I just finished Grand Tour and am now on Home Sweet Home. The objective marker wants me to go back to my settlements and make them happy. I've only got one settlement (I think, only one has a quest marker on it) and it's at 87%, seems to be stuck there. Can't make too much for happiness bonuses yet because I don't have Wasteland Overlord Rank 2 (or whatever it's called that lets you make chem dispensaries etc). So I went back to the quest guy to ask him about conquering other settlements (so I can get the two more required for that rank 2 perk...need 8 for a trophy anyway). Unfortunately the quest guy won't give me any new settlements to conquer, says I need to finish making my first one happy. The list of settlements to potentially work on is weird, it only has two on it and a third which is greyed-out from selection. Both of the selectable ones, he says "that one is already run by you" so I cancel out.

So basically, given how long it's been, I have no goddamn clue what's going on or how to progress, or even what order to do things in. I just want to play the game and beat things up, and the game wants me to do all this crafting and settlement stuff. I see why I gave up before at 91% trophies. Main game is platinumed and all the DLCs are maxed except Nuka-World and the one with the cage-crafting.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I could use some help. Picked this up for the first time in over a year so I can finish Nuka-World and my last ten or so trophies to get this thing to 100%.

I'm still at the same point I quit on, midway through Nuka-World. I believe I just finished Grand Tour and am now on Home Sweet Home. The objective marker wants me to go back to my settlements and make them happy. I've only got one settlement (I think, only one has a quest marker on it) and it's at 87%, seems to be stuck there. Can't make too much for happiness bonuses yet because I don't have Wasteland Overlord Rank 2 (or whatever it's called that lets you make chem dispensaries etc). So I went back to the quest guy to ask him about conquering other settlements (so I can get the two more required for that rank 2 perk...need 8 for a trophy anyway). Unfortunately the quest guy won't give me any new settlements to conquer, says I need to finish making my first one happy. The list of settlements to potentially work on is weird, it only has two on it and a third which is greyed-out from selection. Both of the selectable ones, he says "that one is already run by you" so I cancel out.

So basically, given how long it's been, I have no goddamn clue what's going on or how to progress, or even what order to do things in. I just want to play the game and beat things up, and the game wants me to do all this crafting and settlement stuff. I see why I gave up before at 91% trophies. Main game is platinumed and all the DLCs are maxed except Nuka-World and the one with the cage-crafting.
Ok I literally just got this done ✅ for my 2nd time as Gavinmad Gavinmad will let you know I am a bit ocd. I will help you get this done. I’ve completed it on Xbox and PC.

Let me show you the guide I used that nailed this for you.

its for Xbox but will work the same for PlayStation. This site is the best walkthrough site on the web. (Powerpyx is amazing too)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hey hey.

One thing that I wish FO4 + mods supported was creating a sort of "post-post-apocalypse" society. Basically taking Institute + BoS + Vault tech in some manner, using MinuteMen muscle and retrofitting pre-fallout industrial points of interest to create a legitimate settlement that was very non-fallout. I'm talking about cleaning up all the scrap, terraforming the wasteland, creating arable farmland, non-toxic water sources, non-scavenged industrial base etc.

The FO4 settlements were kind of a form of that, but really just felt like creating more scrap-heap shitholes that didn't tie into a progressive future as much as they were doing the best with a bad situation.

I know there are mods ( Homemaker - Expanded Settlements , Spring Cleaning ) that change the graphics of some of the settlements, and that's kinda what I want, but more of a comprehensive campaign-level objective to create a mega-city and less about creating a player-mansion in a shithole environment. It could be that exists and I don't know about it, but that'd be the #1 thing that'd get me to buy DLC and do a replay of FO4.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ok I literally just got this done ✅ for my 2nd time as Gavinmad Gavinmad will let you know I am a bit ocd. I will help you get this done. I’ve completed it on Xbox and PC.

Let me show you the guide I used that nailed this for you.

its for Xbox but will work the same for PlayStation. This site is the best walkthrough site on the web. (Powerpyx is amazing too)

I'll be able to give this a whirl on Friday, gonna follow that guide and see how it goes. It's nuts that you did this TWICE, I've struggled to just get through it the once. However if anyone can deal with that much FO4 it'd be the guy with the FO avatar.

The good news for me is that I seem to be pretty close to done. Maybe 10-12 more hours of solid working on this and I can get it done. Beverageer and gathering the stuff for it might take a bit. I'm hoping I already have most of the mats for this stuff and the crafting DLC I have to do. Was hoarding for the whole game so I might.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll be able to give this a whirl on Friday, gonna follow that guide and see how it goes. It's nuts that you did this TWICE, I've struggled to just get through it the once. However if anyone can deal with that much FO4 it'd be the guy with the FO avatar.

The good news for me is that I seem to be pretty close to done. Maybe 10-12 more hours of solid working on this and I can get it done. Beverageer and gathering the stuff for it might take a bit. I'm hoping I already have most of the mats for this stuff and the crafting DLC I have to do. Was hoarding for the whole game so I might.
Easier with PC because achievements unlock even with ~ cmd. It is much harder on Xbox/PlayStation. I remember following the guide and it worked.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So being in my cabin bored as fuck a few weeks ago my kid was playing this on his PS4 there so I just watched him play a fresh start (FO4 is his all time favorite game). So come a few weeks later I get the itch and install this shit on my PC an have him do all the mod setup for me (privilege of being a dad :D ). So im up and running and having a blast in this game. I think I missed this one when it released. Prob playing some other game at the time and never gave this one even a look. This was such a huge game. Prob a bit smaller than Skyrim but still a huge fucking game nonetheless.

So im now lv 50, got about 100 or so hrs in? Just got done kiling the courser for his chip? Still got tons of shit to do. Some moded quest type content I barely scratched. Still have 1/2 of nuka world to complete and just started on the Island expansion last night. Im trying to finish this shit. Of course not 100% but still I want to finish this. Often times with games like these they kinda fade and you just stop playing them before you finish especially ones as huge as this one. But im detirmined.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
I have like 200+ hours in my save file. Never finished the campaign, spent way too much time building stupid shit at various settlements. I stopped uninstalling the game because it's such a gigantic pain in the ass to get my save game to work due to mods.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've got something like 110 hours on the PS4 version with 90% trophies. Been wanting to finish this off for ages. Everything I have left is either A) Weird settlement-building stuff that I can't get to work right and am not too interested in, or B) Nuka-World dog-fighting and recipe collecting or whatever. I couldn't seem to finish the main Nuka World quest either because it wanted me to dick around with settlements and the objective markers were taking me around in a circle. 110 hours was already way beyond what I could put up with, I think I was pretty done with the game by 80 hours or so.

Don't know what it is but I just really don't like this game. I'm a huge Fallout fan and loved all the earlier games. When I try to play FO4 or 76, though, it just feels weird and cold. Like a Walking Dead game rather than a 60's pulp Sci-Fi game, which is how the old ones felt.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've got something like 110 hours on the PS4 version with 90% trophies. Been wanting to finish this off for ages.

Don't know what it is but I just really don't like this game.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
EQ players were cut their teeth on punishment, so they'll put up with 100 hours in a game they don't enjoy.

I put up with plenty of shit in EQ, but I still enjoyed the game overall. I just don't get sinking that much time in to a game you don't like and wanting to go back for more just to 100% it.

Walk away from that sunk cost and find a game you enjoy.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I put up with plenty of shit in EQ, but I still enjoyed the game overall. I just don't get sinking that much time in to a game you don't like and wanting to go back for more just to 100% it.

Quit making sense.

• 2Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist

"It gets good after 100 hours."

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I always loved that line...

"Not having fun with the game"

"it really picks up and is a blast around hour 60 or level 50! HANG IN THERE"

"Ok sweet I'll just beat off with a cheese grater until hour 60"

• 1Double Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I always loved that line...

"Not having fun with the game"

"it really picks up and is a blast around hour 60 or level 50! HANG IN THERE"

"Ok sweet I'll just beat off with a cheese grater until hour 60"
Thats where the whole "The game begins at xxx" came from, lol. And thats when the mmos began to take a big shit too. If your game begins at whateverthefucklevel, than Make the game REALLY begin from there.

• 1Truth!