Fallout 4

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Rajaah clearly has an achievement sickness. He'd probably play a game that was just a slideshow of pictures of shit for an hour as long as he could get a 100% on it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
New Vegas is still the best one of these.
I tried playing that shit recently but unfortunately it runs like shit. Could barely get 40 frames on my beefy ass 3070 system while Fo4 gets like 160+. Even went looking for fixes and I could not find one that worked. They should really remaster that game and re-sell it like they did with Skyrim and FO4 or at least Fo4 had a hi texture pack and has mods to fix shit. I know New Vegas was popular based on the amount of following it has not sure why it never got the same treatment like their other games did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I tried playing that shit recently but unfortunately it runs like shit. Could barely get 40 frames on my beefy ass 3070 system while Fo4 gets like 160+. Even went looking for fixes and I could not find one that worked. They should really remaster that game and re-sell it like they did with Skyrim and FO4 or at least Fo4 had a hi texture pack and has mods to fix shit. I know New Vegas was popular based on the amount of following it has not sure why it never got the same treatment like their other games did.

wasn't their some mod group working on remastering the whole thing for years?

Fadaar

That guy
wasn't their some mod group working on remastering the whole thing for years?

there was a big mod project at one point that was trying to combine FO3 and NV, like being able to bounce back and forth between the two areas in the same game

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, I'd like to give NV a go, but the level of jank and for modern standards, sub par graphics, just keeps putting me off.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Did they ever release a version of Fallout 3/New Vegas that was optimized for the ps4/Xbox4? If they did not then it would be safe to assume a modern rerelease is never going to happen especially with the relationship between Obsidian (who made New Vegas) and Bethesda being so soured over the whole thing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Only thing I could find about FO NV...

Posted
1st Jul 2021 15:25

The latest scoop comes from Tyler McVicker, who was formerly of the Valve News Network and has correctly leaked the likes of Half-Life: Alyx before it was officially announced. Although he has a spotted track record with non-Valve leaks, he claims to be in the know about all things Fallout. When asked if Bethesda Game Studios' Fallout 3 from 2008 and Obisidian's lauded Fallout: New Vegas were going to be getting remakes, McVicker gave a definitive "yep".

We don't know where he's getting this info, but either way, McVicker seems pretty adamant that they're on the way. If that wasn't enough, McVicker doubled down on claims we'll be getting an official New Vegas 2 from an "unknown company", and relayed Bethesda's plans to deliver Fallout 76 content for years to come - take what you want from that nugget of information.

Cybsled

Yeah, I'd like to give NV a go, but the level of jank and for modern standards, sub par graphics, just keeps putting me off.

NV is extremely rough to play now, much like any of the older Fallouts (I tried playing FO1/2 again recently and noped the fuck out). While people gush about the game now, it had more issues than Fallout 76 until they fixed most of them. The story is what mostly elevated it, but the gameplay itself was meh.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
NV is extremely rough to play now, much like any of the older Fallouts (I tried playing FO1/2 again recently and noped the fuck out). While people gush about the game now, it had more issues than Fallout 76 until they fixed most of them. The story is what mostly elevated it, but the gameplay itself was meh.

I played through with a few mods a year or so ago and I thought it held up fine. The NPCs / choices / story are so strong it helps you forget about it's age.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This is the only platinum trophy I have on Playstation that doesn't have a 100% next to it, and that drives me NUTS for some reason.

I did enjoy some of it. I really liked the first ten hours or so, and Far Harbor.

So it isn't like I suffered for 110 hours, I had fun at points. Unfortunately, by the time I started actively disliking the game, I already had the plat and like 75% so I was trapped by OCD. Like "eh, ten more hours and I'll be done" that turned into 50...

It used to be worse, I used to have to finish every game I started. Finally I had a friend convince me that "you don't have to finish something if you don't like it" and that was the day I stopped doing that. FO4 though has that "one plat that isn't perfect" thing going on so the OCD returned. God help me.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I always loved that line...

"Not having fun with the game"

"it really picks up and is a blast around hour 60 or level 50! HANG IN THERE"

"Ok sweet I'll just beat off with a cheese grater until hour 60"

Yeah I hate that too. It never pans out either. Like not once has someone told me that and I've found it to be true. Usually I dislike the game just as much at hour whatever than I did earlier.

As far as FO4 goes I'm sure I'll get a dopamine hit from finishing it, if I ever do that. Every time I start to, I put it back down quickly. I hope I'll like Nuka World if I can get the main story to actually work.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Achievement hunters are just tranny speedrunners that are behind the 8-ball. Retard-lite.

You're responsible for polluting my quest logs and maps with fucking bullshit and I hate all of you.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Achievement hunters are just tranny speedrunners that are behind the 8-ball. Retard-lite.

You're responsible for polluting my quest logs and maps with fucking bullshit and I hate all of you.
OTOH the disgust I feel whenever I see a dumbass collection quest is counter-balanced by knowing achievement whores spend their free time picking up pinecones or whatever.

• 1Worf

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Did you try this one? Supposedly this guide will make it playable. Haven't tried it myself yet.

I'm planning to play FO1/2 after I finish BG1/2. Never played any of them before. This guide supposedly makes them more enjoyable.

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did you try this one? Supposedly this guide will make it playable. Haven't tried it myself yet.

I'm planning to play FO1/2 after I finish BG1/2. Never played any of them before. This guide supposedly makes them more enjoyable.

FO1/2 are hard to get into because the QOL and everything are just way too archaic for most people. It desperately needs the kind of overhaul that Baldur's Gate got. If the corporate overlords aren't going to do it, then the modding community is the answer. I'm personally waiting for some kind of official FO1/2 remaster rather than pushing myself through them in their current ancient state. Given how most of the other classic CRPGs got a remaster (usually in twos), I think chances are good that FO1/2 will as well. Maybe by then I'll have finished off FO4!

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I played a modded to hell FONV back in like 2015 and don't remember stability / performance issues. I crammed Project Nevada and a bunch of monster / content packs into it.

Cresting a hill and seeing a massive three way battle between mutants, Caesar's Legion and the NCR was my favorite part about the modded experience.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did a play of NV recently, using my PS3. Had to restart the game every 2-3 hours due to the memory leak bug still being there, but it held up pretty well otherwise.