Fallout

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I hadn't paid attention to this at all - I knew there was some preemptive lore-rage about an NCR flag in a vault months ago, and that's it (and that's probably explained by it being a different opened Vault than the female protagonist, which the NCR treats like religious communes that the Vaulters can run however they like, but adults are allowed to leave at whim).

Finding out this is 'canonical' and set after Fallout 4 does make you wonder where Bethesda is going to go with the setting, but the next Fallout is so far away (well after Elder Scrolls 6, so 2030+?) that its probably a moot point.

I expect, like Westworld and Peripheral, that we will get a good to great first season that falls apart during the season finale or soon afterward.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Looks good. Expecting it to suck. Hopefully it doesn't.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I hadn't paid attention to this at all - I knew there was some preemptive lore-rage about an NCR flag in a vault months ago, and that's it (and that's probably explained by it being a different opened Vault than the female protagonist, which the NCR treats like religious communes that the Vaulters can run however they like, but adults are allowed to leave at whim).

Finding out this is 'canonical' and set after Fallout 4 does make you wonder where Bethesda is going to go with the setting, but the next Fallout is so far away (well after Elder Scrolls 6, so 2030+?) that its probably a moot point.

I expect, like Westworld and Peripheral, that we will get a good to great first season that falls apart during the season finale or soon afterward.

I expect the One-Eyed Vault Overseer scene in the trailer is at a different open vault - the female protagonist's father is the overseer in her vault (33) and played by a different actor. After looking at the trailer some more, the vault dwellers killing each other appears to be in Vault 33 and you also see the protagonist (Lucy) with her hand on the glass on the opposite side of a door of whom I presume is her father. From the games, we know Vault Tec isn't above building contingency plans into the vaults to make sure experiments are carried out. So maybe her father knows the experiment is coming, encourages her to GTFO before she gets killed, and that is why she left the vault. Either that or her father hopes she can find something that might undo or save them from the experiment?

Her going to another open vault would make sense, because she is probably looking for a solution to her issues at Vault 33.

As for the canon bit, I wouldn't read too much into it. I don't doubt that Bethesda will acknowledge the events of the show in some capacity, but if/when Fallout 5 drops, I can almost guarantee it will not take place on the West Coast/where the show takes place. Like in this show, even though it takes place after Fallout4, I suspect that beyond some brief mentions of things like the East Coast Brotherhood or maybe Synths, we probably won't hear anything that cements what the canon ending of Fallout 4 was.

spronk

FPS noob
GHwnbslWgAAvy1e

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
interesting they are dropping ALL episodes on April 11th instead of week to week like everything else they have now like Boys, Invincible, Reacher, fake LOTR, etc.

trailer looked good to me visually but yeah so did True Detective s4 and that story was jank as fuck but it wasn't obvious until episode 4 or so.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The 11th is my birthday, so the question is, after banging all the hookers and doing all the blow on my special day, do I risk ruining it by watching this?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The 11th is my birthday, so the question is, after banging all the hookers and doing all the blow on my special day, do I risk ruining it by watching this?
Considering the universe, it's Amazon, female and black male leads the best you can hope for is tolerable.

No way this will be *good*.

• 1EyeRoll

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
What do you mean "its amazon"

They are the only service making good shit.

Reacher.
the Boyz
Gen V
Bosch
Terminal List
Invincible
All have been cranking out great TV without the woke bullshit that is all over Netflix, Disney and Hollywood.

Hell they just went out and signed the poster boy of pushing back against woke Girl power bullshit in Cavill to make 40K.

This looks great. they fucking NAILED the looks and feel.

Im not super into female lead, but shes being presented like a naive, sheltered, weak person in a dangerous world being helped by a white Man Ghoul to survive. Its not like shes a purple headed wiccan communist sticking it to the white patriarchy like if it was on netflix. I mean shit, the games this is based on allow you to choose a male or female character, its not like they are gender swapping anything.

You faggot boomers and your brain rot has gotten so bad they you see any woman or black guy and just assume its a woke trannython based on nothing. I mean jesus, did you guys never watch TV before the last few years.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
What do you mean "its amazon"

They are the only service making good shit.

Reacher.
the Boyz
Gen V
Bosch
Terminal List
Invincible
All have been cranking out great TV without the woke bullshit that is all over Netflix, Disney and Hollywood.

Hell they just went out and signed the poster boy of pushing back against woke Girl power bullshit in Cavill to make 40K.

This looks great. they fucking NAILED the looks and feel.

Im not super into female lead, but shes being presented like a naive, sheltered, weak person in a dangerous world being helped by a white Man Ghoul to survive. Its not like shes a purple headed wiccan communist sticking it to the white patriarchy like if it was on netflix. I mean shit, the games this is based on allow you to choose a male or female character, its not like they are gender swapping anything.

You faggot boomers and your your brain rot has gotten so bad they you see any woman or black guy and just assume its a woke trannython based on nothing. I mean jesus, did you guys never watch TV before the last few years.
Also, Vox Machina

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They fucked up Wheel of Time, but thats on the creator not the platform. Westworld guy has a good track record. Westworld season 1 was amazing, and all the episodes he wrote were mainly before the writers room lost their mind and left the park. Dude did 7 years of Person of Interest with Uber Christian Based as fuck Jum Cavaziel. His brother is Christopher Nolan and hes worked on all his shit. He isnt some diversity hire.

Also, agree with Tarrant, Walter Goggins alone means this is amazing. The Man hasnt been part of a project that isnt flatout amazing since his 1 mistep in the Predator movie from 2009. He wouldnt be in this if it was woke girl power shit mascarading as Fallout.

• 1Solidarity