Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'd agree with that. Spiller is one thing. Its not like AP is downgraded due to Ponder. But WR is another matter. There's looking to be virtually no serious passing attack in Buffalo but we know how well the ball will move around in GB.
Case and point, 2012 Larry Fitzgerald.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who would you guys take in a PPR league on the 2nd rd..Dez, Aj Green, Alfred Morris or forte. I think I might have to make one of these choices.. Plan is to grab a RB first round just think some of these will drop to me on way back..

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
AJ Green. He'll have around 100 receptions this season. Probably more.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Who would you guys take in a PPR league on the 2nd rd..Dez, Aj Green, Alfred Morris or forte. I think I might have to make one of these choices.. Plan is to grab a RB first round just think some of these will drop to me on way back..
Need info like what pick # you are and number of people in your league but I am standing by going rb/rb in the first two rounds even in PPR. Of the choices you listed I would go Morris, he would be a steal in the second round.

edit* Just to extrapolate a little bit on that, last year if you skipped AJ Green and the next 10 picks off the board were all WR's (a highly unlikely scenario) you would have lost 60 points over the season at that position in PPR.

If you would have skipped Alfred Morris and 10 RB's went off the board (a much more plausible scenario, at least something close to that) you would have lost 82 points over the season at that position in PPR.

This is assuming the players were drafted at their true value. Obviously Morris wasn't going 7th overall in most drafts last year. If you think you have a sleeper RB you can get in the later rounds who is going to be top-10 then by all means lock up the stud WR. But if you whiff on your sleeper your team will be in trouble. It's not about which player will outscore which, it is all about how much you stand to lose at a position group compared to your competition and the scoring gap between RB's is greater than that between WR's. Obviously this is all relative to how your draft is going, strange things can happen, especially if there are inexperienced players involved.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
have 11 in a 14 man... It's a tough one b/c I think a RB might come back to me in the 3rd. But there are also guys like Cruz and Vjax that might be there too. I'm really going to have to feel the draft out I guess.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Robert Meachem just signed with Saints for 1 year deal. Last year he was with the Saints led the league in 40+yd TDs. #1 WR speed in the Slot in dangerous shit. Might be worth a look in deeper leagues

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Drafted this past weekend. I couldn't believe that Trent Richardson dropped to r4p12. Didn't even hesitate to look what else was on the board when it came time to pick him up.

Overall I am happy with my team, but I have too many Browns on my team. Ah well.

rrr_img_42499.jpg

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Just finished my 12 team draft. I had the #1 pick. Our format is 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 Flex, TE, K, Def. I decided to go 3 RBs for picks 1, 24, 25. I've basically built the 2009 Fantasy All-Star team:

rrr_img_42540.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I had 11 pick in my 14 team league.. Calvin Johnson fell to me. Had to take him and them was left with the choice of a few RBs or Dez..I took mommy beater.. I'm glad I have these 2 guys but my RBs are iffy after Sproles. Vareen and Hillman. I'm ok with the rest of my starters.. RG111, V.Davis, Seattle D Etc..

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Just finished my draft. 10 team PPR. Got the first pick, can't believe I also managed to also land Morris and Green on top of AP. I'm streaming def this year hence the Bucs for week 1.

rrr_img_42573.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
Don't even understand how that's possible.
6 team league or something? That or the over/under on number of downs kids in the league is at 3.5.
Honestly I can't even enjoy leagues that are full of bads. Talking shit when you crush someone that's actually decent is so much more fun!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I can't even enjoy leagues that are full of bads. Talking shit when you crush someone that's actually decent is so much more fun!
Yeah, I had to tell one of my friends I wasn't joining his league again after stomping them last year. It was a 16-team league and only one team scored within 100 points of me overall for the season. On the other hand, my other league is competitive year-in and year-out and that was my first championship in 5 years...it's just so much more enjoyable when you know the win was against quality opponents.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I agree. I joined my roomates work FF group, had no idea if they were good or bad. Oh well, its a hundred bucks I will win
smile.png

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Jennings (@DET), Sanders (TEN), Thompkins (@BUF)

Start 2, Sit 1. Right now I'm leaning towards starting Thompkins because I have Brady and I think he's going to do his best to have a big week after Peyton threw for all those TDs. But I'm changing my mind minute to minute on each guy here, so I'd like to hear other's thoughts.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
First off, don't make decisions based on what other players you (or your opponent) has. Make each positional decision in a vacuum and put out the team that you think is going to score the most points. You start sitting guys cause you are hedging your bets or your opponent has the QB of your WR or whatever, all you are going to do is talk yourself out of playing your best possible line up.

With that said, I am sitting Thompkins in your position. Jennings has a favorable match-up against what has been a pretty terrible Detroit secondary (caveat that defensive stats are notoriously difficult to predict season-to-season) and Pittsburgh has been, and will continue to be a pass happy offense. Common wisdom tells you that is also true of New England, but that hasn't been the case the last couple of years. They are running the ball more and when they do throw, it is to tight ends.

Thompkins might be enamoring, but I am waiting for the new-look New England offense to sort itself out before I risk starting him. I like safe-but-steady plays though, especially this early in the season.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I didn't need the "I have Brady" comment in there.
I just think he might have a big game and a likely benefactor of that would be Thompkins....but I hate starting someone based on what they did in pre-season. Otherwise you pretty much nail my thoughts. With Gronk out and Hernandez in prison, will Brady still rely on TEs?
Jennings has a favorable match-up...BUT will he get the ball if Peterson is running well or Ponder has a bad game?
Sanders, in my opinion, will get a lot of the balls that went to Wallace in the last couple seasons, BUT he hasn't shown anything yet.

I should have probably put all of that in my initial post. It's my own fault for drafting a 3rd RB for the flex instead of taking Welker earlier, so I ended up with WRs that are high risk/high reward types.